Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Expensive?

MozzSW
12.19.2011 , 03:26 AM | #11
I'm lvl20 atm with around 20k credits. Funny thing is that on dinging 20 I've got an ingame tip 'Start saving for the level 25 speeder'.
My server is fairly busy one (1000 queue is normal at prime time) and all my skills are at lvl100 with arch nodes enough available for me to keep leveling ..
Mozz

Drekko
12.19.2011 , 05:03 AM | #12
I might just need to lay off and try and save a bit till I get my speeder I think

Then level crafting then save again for fast speeder at level cap

Dragondog
12.19.2011 , 05:15 AM | #13
In my experience, you don't have to send your companions on gather missions, you'll find everything you need on your own. Have them use Artifice and Treasure Hunting instead. And do as many quests as you can and sell everything you cannot use. And I don't reverse engineer.

This way, I have no problem buying everything I want/need, I'm not going to have any problem buying the speeder when the time comes. In some cases, I have found stuff that I can sell for more than the quest cost me and more often it has made the cost barely noticeable.
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.
CE VIP

Cameirus
12.19.2011 , 05:31 AM | #14
Drowning in credits here, got 120k at level 21, after buying all the gear mods and ship upgrades I can find.

Seriously, what are you guys doing? You cant move for being handed credits in this game.

When I saw the VIP speeder at 1.5mil, I was "omg, thats insane", now I'm more "meh, scrub mount everyone will have it".

Saberj
12.19.2011 , 05:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cameirus View Post
Drowning in credits here, got 120k at level 21, after buying all the gear mods and ship upgrades I can find.

Seriously, what are you guys doing? You cant move for being handed credits in this game.

When I saw the VIP speeder at 1.5mil, I was "omg, thats insane", now I'm more "meh, scrub mount everyone will have it".
And are you crafting? If so, what? If not, I'm not really sure that adds to this particular conversation.

Vulfer
12.19.2011 , 05:49 AM | #16
Personally I found that around the 18-28 area crew skills are very expensive. But currently at 34 with artifice, archealogy and treasure hunting at around 300 each and raking in money faster than I can lose it (the longer mission times help with this, also by this point I have 4 companions so sending out 3 and keeping one allows me to easily level skills whilst progressing myself).

An advice for crafting, don't buy all the damn recipes, buy one or two useful ones and use them to level up. Yes you can reverse engineer if you want, but I prefer to sell my crafted items to the vendor and make a neat profit usually in terms of money spent to get the components and money made by using a mere 4-5 of them.

Overall I'm really enjoying the crew skills system. My one complaint is that I wish whilst in your own ship you could craft as yourself and queue the number of items to create. Because it is a bit annoying to have to refresh your crew members quests every couple of minutes because they've completed the recipe you gave them to craft. Though with 3 people once I've built up a necessary stockpile of resources from gathering can go very quickly.

But to go back to being more on topic, yes crafting is expensive in the low to mid levels but one you start getting the 3rd and 4th tier of gathering missions I've found myself gaining more and more money even though I keep reinvesting it in the crew skills. My major financial drain now is skills and inventory slots.

Riffken
12.19.2011 , 06:20 AM | #17
Doing bio I just had enough cash to get my skill and speeder, but I did not have the cash to train my skill at that level and I had to stop doing crafting missions at level 23 to save up.

Granted I did spend about 3k in gear.

Eiffeltower
12.19.2011 , 07:19 AM | #18
I am currently lvl 13, thought of starting to skill up, so got everything around 20-30 (Scavenging, Underworld trading and armortech).

Before i did this, i probably had like 2k credits. I then sent my companion continuously on gathering missions, as i was doing flashpoints, and then i hit level 14, go to the trainer, BAM you haz no gold to buy new talents.

So yes bit expensive imo

I'd like to get 10-20k credits like people are saying they have ... quests i guess ?

krighton
12.19.2011 , 07:21 AM | #19
level 14 and have 83k credits. I afk alot so my slicing is at 267. When i'm not questing I just check back every 20 minutes and restart the companion crafting. I've also sold some purple schematics for 6500k a piece.

Infalliable
12.19.2011 , 07:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Drekko View Post
Hi guys

Im currently a level 19 marauder

And Im a little worried I wont have enough cash for my speeder @ 25. Everyone else seems to have heaps of credits. But Im seem to be struggling a little. I currently have 10k at my level
You shouldn't have an issue. In Beta, I made ~22k from normal play (quests, random encounters) going from L24 to L25. Your earning potential goes up quickly with level.

You may need to hold off or limit crafting for a little bit to ensure you make it, but it is easily reachable.

Quote:
Its all going to crafting. I have Artifice, Treasure Hunting, and Archealogy

I have 2 companions, and I keep sending them out to craft/gather to level up my skills, but its sinking all my credits..

Am I doing something wrong?

Some people have said, dont waste money on gathering u can just gather yourself. But I hardly find any Nodes to mine to do that
Node harvesting is the way to go. Sending companions out for node harvestable materials is a HUGE credit sink. Donig that is just paying for things you can get for free. Many of the planets have a location that is great for harvesting (archealogy) nodes (e.g., Balmorra on the far east, DK near the temple, etc.)

You'll need to send companions on Treasure hunting missions b/c there is no other way to get the materials, if you need them. However, you can level most crew crafting skills just fine without sending your companion out on many mission skills.

Also, pick a few recipes (I usually go 2-4 per level range) that you know will be useful to you and work on making and RE them. Buying all the recipes is a waste. You'll probably never make most of them while leveling, they almost all use the same materials, and even if you do make them you'll never be able to get all the higher teir schematics by RE them. Pick one, and go with it.