Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Expensive?

Drekko
12.19.2011 , 02:15 AM | #1
Hi guys

Im currently a level 19 marauder

And Im a little worried I wont have enough cash for my speeder @ 25. Everyone else seems to have heaps of credits. But Im seem to be struggling a little. I currently have 10k at my level

Its all going to crafting. I have Artifice, Treasure Hunting, and Archealogy

I have 2 companions, and I keep sending them out to craft/gather to level up my skills, but its sinking all my credits..

Am I doing something wrong?

Some people have said, dont waste money on gathering u can just gather yourself. But I hardly find any Nodes to mine to do that

Dyrankor
12.19.2011 , 02:19 AM | #2
Agreed, gathering quests seem to be the way to go. Any time I see nodes "in the wild" they're picked over or are stuff I don't need.

I've bankrupted myself a couple times doing these same crew skills, and I'm only level 16. Warzones are what keep me afloat in a pinch, though a longer-term solution would be nice.
N'as Ponfalar of the Hidden Beks
Jaed & Neraiah
of the Disciples of Xoxaan
Jung Ma {RP-PVP}

smulx
12.19.2011 , 02:19 AM | #3
Could just take a break from crafting while you save up? I'm not sure. I took slicing and had enough credits for my speeder well before I hit level 20.

Isende
12.19.2011 , 02:24 AM | #4
thinks to think of regarding crafting:

ok, first of all, anyone notice you CAN NOT SEARCH on the forums atm?

crew skills need work, not least in the cost. a for-instance? my main has taken synthweaving, and studiously worked to keep her skill AT her level, in order to make gear. well, imagine my surprise when, at level 24, between the cost of the schematics, and the cost of skilling up per level, she ended up with only 13 cr to her name? guys, if you want us to do this, don't make it kill us, or take away from the exorbitantly high cost of our mount and training, to be a viable crafter.

next. if i send out my crew on crafting missions, some of them, as well as gathering missions, can have one or both companions gone for 30 or more minutes. how is my companion useful to me, a healer, if i have to send him out while i'm leveling, in order to level? the alternative? sit in a cantina somewhere and do nothing BUT craft, so i don't spend as much money on "death" damage?

lastly. the only way to "link" a "book" of abilities is to have someone right-click your portrait and view your schematics. for linking in gchat, or even pchat, we have single-item click-and-link in chat. sorry, guys, but that's ... well, to call it inconvenient is putting it MILDLY.

it's a novel approach, kudos for that. but please make it a bit more intuitive, and a bit LESS work to link, so that we can actually derive and give benefit? otherwise, might as well just take all gathering skills, and leave the crafting until end-game, when it's not useful to us anymore.

oh, and another gripe that's related? guys, your GTN model is horribly archaic. at the very LEAST give us a window we can enter an item description in WITHOUT having to figure whether it's armor, etc. half the time, when i've put in everything i need to put in, i still cannot enter anything in the description window, which means i have to take all the options available and scroll through them.

personally, i think leveling's too easy and too fast, so no, it's not that i am unwilling to work for what i want or need. but there is a point where it IS actually work, and not (for a game??) entertainment and usefulness. i believe crafting, and the GTN, has well exceeded this point.
I heal for you. You kill for me. Seems a workable solution.

Waztar
12.19.2011 , 02:47 AM | #5
I too have hit the crafting wall for my bank account. I'm trying to keep it on level and it's getting really expensive. I have to take time out of my play time to farm credits just to keep playing.

I don't even bother trying to get the blue and purple recipes from reverse engineering. That was a huge cred sink even in the early levels.

It's gotten to the point where I've just made an alt and power leveled him to level 10 just to pick up Slicing so I can make some credits just to play the game.

Imashark
12.19.2011 , 02:51 AM | #6
i see nothing wrong with it the way it is, you're asking for them to give you free gear, Your given many different ways to make money, such as warzone's, quests, and even just killing mobs. If your having money issues, then you just need to lay off the crew skills.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Bomfy
12.19.2011 , 02:52 AM | #7
I realized today that it can be pretty pricy. I burned through about 10-12K credits gaining a total of about 150-175 points across my 3 crew skills.

But, I will freely admit that I did buy some stuff, well a lot of mats and it could be a whole lot worse.

I enjoy it the way it is and kind of think the cost might be to keep everyone from maxing PDQ.
Even though it's after Christmas and it's a Saturday, Dec. 31st is the day. I was prettty damn close though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlom
TLDR for those who want it - Get off my lawn. Uphill both ways. Things are so easy these days.

Nerradain
12.19.2011 , 02:59 AM | #8
Look at it this way, the people that put the credits down at an early level will be the ones making the equipment for heaps at 50.

Arkhell
12.19.2011 , 03:11 AM | #9
took 3 gathering professions.

first i was near bankrupt all the time for missions (black market trading) bt kept on gathering with bio and scav.

after a while i had a decent amount of mat stacks i put them on the GTN now i got cash extras
my Lightsaber goes PZZZZZZZ stabbedy stab stab pzwwwb and you're dead

xandax
12.19.2011 , 03:12 AM | #10
Drop crafting, take slicing and get all the money you want.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.