Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Names

Svensy
12.19.2011 , 02:09 AM | #1
Hi
Are Legacy names unique to the server? As in, can two different people have the same Legacy name?
Also, if I made a legacy on an empire character, will a republic character I have on the same server receive it as well?

Svensy
12.19.2011 , 05:48 AM | #2
Does anyone have any idea?

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.19.2011 , 06:25 AM | #3
It's my understanding Legacy names are faction based, so if you played a Republic & an Empire character on the same server they would differentiate.

Regarding Legacy names being unique, I can't help you. I recall reading speculation that it was, and also was not...so I don't know either. Let's hope that it is, in fact, unique.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Pwny_Express
12.19.2011 , 07:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IIII-IIII-IIII View Post
Let's hope that it is, in fact, unique.
Unless someone takes the one you had planned out and then you're stuck having to pick something lame as a second choice.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Better advice was never given.

Ashember
01.04.2012 , 01:20 PM | #5
Posted by: James Ohlen

“This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history.This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:

Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters on that server – so choose carefully!

Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player’s Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy’s family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.”

http://www.brianathomas.com/archives...-legacy-names/

Gráinne Ní O'Malley
Of the O'Malley Clan
Jung Ma

Fireblazer
01.04.2012 , 03:08 PM | #6
Is there a way to check how much legacy xp you have currently or what level legacy you are?

WolfGangFox
01.04.2012 , 03:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireblazer View Post
Is there a way to check how much legacy xp you have currently or what level legacy you are?
after you complete chapter 1 you get a blue/purple legacy exp bar below the green level bar.
~Confucius said "What does not kill you makes you stronger"
BUT
~Nietzsche's Nightmare said "What does not kill you may try again"

Owsley
01.04.2012 , 03:21 PM | #8
At what level does Chapter 1 end?

teamcanuck
01.04.2012 , 03:23 PM | #9
Act I is usually done at about Level 30.

Level 30-34 is pretty much the average.
[RIP] The Razor. Best Server Name Evar!
Shaedence - Gunslinger - The Shadowlands (US-PvE)

baskynn
01.04.2012 , 03:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Svensy View Post
Hi
Are Legacy names unique to the server? As in, can two different people have the same Legacy name?
Also, if I made a legacy on an empire character, will a republic character I have on the same server receive it as well?
Legacy names are unique to every character you make on every server. It's more of account bound than server bound. No, it's not faction bound either. If you have a republic and a sith they'll have the same legacy name.