Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you follow Ops leader orders?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Do you follow Ops leader orders?

troyh
07.20.2012 , 02:32 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
4/0/4 can be a very effective strat if everyone in your team knows what they're doing, but they usually don't so this leads to a quick loss since there's a huge amount of risk involved. People call all kinds of crazy strat, even in premades, because sometimes you do have to take the risk.
Its a horrible idea because the second they realize no one is mid the rest of the people mid will rotate immediately and instantly out number one of the sides. Anyone that runs this strat should probably not be pvping.

The only way this will work as stated before is if the other team is so bad that it doesnt matter what strat is being called. However, it makes the good team have to play much harder to win then was needed.
Jedi Covenant ~ Warlörd Legacy ~
<Unicorn Stampede> Troyy 50 Mara ~ T-roy 50 Merc ~ Xtecy 50 OP
Fatman ~ Warlörd Legacy ~ <Aftermath> Tröy 50 Sent
<Companion> Vette 50 Scoundrel ~ Makö 50 Sage ~ Troyy 50 Commando

Astarica
07.20.2012 , 02:40 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
Its a horrible idea because the second they realize no one is mid the rest of the people mid will rotate immediately and instantly out number one of the sides. Anyone that runs this strat should probably not be pvping.

The only way this will work as stated before is if the other team is so bad that it doesnt matter what strat is being called. However, it makes the good team have to play much harder to win then was needed.
Actually since 4 of the guys are in your own turret there's insufficient information for the other team to tell if you're doing say 4/0/4 or 2/0/6 or even 1/1/6 based on seeing no one in the middle (you could've stealthers there). Sure 99 out of 100 times that wouldn't matter but it's usually only a strat you call out if you're sure you can't fight the enemy straight up.

And here's where sometimes bad strats become good strat. If you call 4/0/4 it's normally a bad strat, but if your team happens to suck, you need something like 4/0/4 to avoid fighting the enemy head on. That's why you shouldn't argue against a bad strat, though you certainly should not expect it to work either.

vimm
07.20.2012 , 02:49 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
I don't follow any orders from someone less intelligent or experienced than myself.

And that is especially if they spout nonsense like it's gospel.
I don't agree with this. I really don't care how intelligent or experienced they are, nor if they're even the ops leader. What's important is that our team is on the same page. If there is only one person who wants to put forth the effort to get some team communication going, I'll listen.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

sauerkraut
07.20.2012 , 02:49 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
I don't follow any orders from someone less intelligent or experienced than myself.

And that is especially if they spout nonsense like it's gospel.
LOL! Nobody makes a post like this with the IQ of 1.5 and higher.

Dodgefella
07.20.2012 , 03:35 PM | #55
nope unless the person is in my guild...everybody goes and does what they want anyways

At an end your rule is, and not soon enough it was