Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Operations Urgently Needed

Coriolan_Martius
07.30.2012 , 12:29 PM | #81
It is sad to say but it is looking like Nightmare Mode EC is all we will get in 1.4. I kind of expected this when they said that the new OP would be on Makeb(sp). The devs also said they would alternate the release for story mode / hard mode and nightmare.

Beside, it really does not make sense to introduce the new planet in bits and pieces. So I predict we will see the new op when we say the level cap raised. That is not anytime soon ...

Journeyer
07.30.2012 , 12:47 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
I have 5 level 50s now 2 of which are geared out. I dont want to level more toons give us more content faster. Id really like to know why it takes them 3-4 months to put out content patches. I mean even little things like events help. at least give us new stuff to do or new places to explore. the game is going stale very very quickly now
You've burned out on the game. Simple as that. Take a month off, man.
(Do you ask WoW why it takes 2 years to release a new Raid? SW:TOR has pushed 3 Ops in 7 months...plus 15 Flashpoints, and the first major level expansion will be out this year...)

I know, that doesn't make it feel any better. But look around--there's tons of glitchy, buggy things, tons of long-standing feature requests...You say you'd really like to know why it takes 3-4 months, but I don't think you really want that answer. Seems silly to say this, but your pace of gaming is too fast for a game this size.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

feefty
07.30.2012 , 01:00 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Utania View Post
EQ was also a harder level grind with hell levels and gear was very much at the mercy of random number generator where you could be camping for multiple gaming sessions killing trash and hoping to spawn a named "boss" mob which then might drop what you were looking for. There was also a big step up in difficulty where you needed to farm the gear in order to take on harder content.

EQ content was longer lived cause it was evil to progress, not sure this would be successful now.
Lol took me (warrior) and a friend (sk) over a month to get one ac aug from sparkbolt in the exp SoF. Let him loot it first and never got my aug to drop. This was the normal for high end ac augs. They would be on the toughest sob's in the game and take forever to drop. Do not miss it but bio has a weird way of gearing. Later expansions we had tiers of gear we must get to receive the next set as not to skip to the last like you are able to do in swtor.

alifaraaz
07.30.2012 , 01:07 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Coriolan_Martius View Post
It is sad to say but it is looking like Nightmare Mode EC is all we will get in 1.4. I kind of expected this when they said that the new OP would be on Makeb(sp). The devs also said they would alternate the release for story mode / hard mode and nightmare.

Beside, it really does not make sense to introduce the new planet in bits and pieces. So I predict we will see the new op when we say the level cap raised. That is not anytime soon ...
Based on what BW have said about how hard they've been working on Terror from Beyond, I'm kind of expecting Story and HM Terror to be released alongside Nightmare EC. With either hard or story Terror dropping the same gear as Nightmare EC. However it would make sense to release Nightmare EC first regardless of which gear drops in Terror for the sole reason that its gonna be harder (most likely).

Either that, or its possible with the level cap.increase they'll be delaying Nightmare EC and making all the prev raid Nightmare difficulties tuned for lvl 55, but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I guess we just have to be ridiculously patient. I have no interest in GW2 and MoP might be okay, but if it follows the state of Cata, I can't see myself going back to WoW. tried it for a week and it just felt a bit dull, nice to try new content but it really is old now, and they've made the direction they're taking the game pretty clear.

My guess is still a September launch for 1.4, which ofcourse means it should be on the PTS during the second half of April. However with all the restructuring, I bet its been pushed further off schedule. Still despite what BW say, the gap between major patches has roughly been every quarter. So 1.4 might not come till like Oct.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

ImmortalAlien
07.30.2012 , 03:22 PM | #85
I think Terror's gear progression would be:
Story Mode Asation = Campaign token drops
Hard Mode Asation = New tier token drops
Nightmare Mode Denova = New tier token drops

That's pretty much what Denova was like when it was released. Story Mode matched Tier 1, while Hard Mode was the true new tier.

pure_laced
07.30.2012 , 04:15 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalAlien View Post
I think Terror's gear progression would be:
Story Mode Asation = Campaign token drops
Hard Mode Asation = New tier token drops
Nightmare Mode Denova = New tier token drops

That's pretty much what Denova was like when it was released. Story Mode matched Tier 1, while Hard Mode was the true new tier.
Bad idea. We don't need more candy-like gear drops. That is the problem that several of us touched on, but many glaze over it. It is entirely way too easy to gear in this game with the amount of blackhole comms we can get.

TfB is a new tier entirely, and the Nightmare gear for EC is already in the game. 63 lvl mods. Whopppdedooooo.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Reenox
07.30.2012 , 04:54 PM | #87
Yes I agree the game is desperate for some new raiding content. I am a member of a raiding guild which has cleared all content on both eight and sixteen man. At present the majority of our members need only one or two drops, in order to maximise there current gear to its full potential.

What you also have to take into account is that most of us, were playing on dying servers before the mergers took place, which also slowed our progress. Guilds this didn’t affect must have been geared ages ago, and have either un-subbed or are in the process of gearing their alts.

Patch 1.3 brought easier alternatives for players to obtain Black Hole commendation’s, thus allowing for faster progress to be made. Bioware would have to be very naïve to introduce this….. Should new content not be on the horizon. Personally I am not a massive fan of these shortcuts, should there not be enough content, This would have been better introduced once the new operation had landed.

With the three tier structure of raiding story mode, hard mode and nightmare, Bioware have to be very careful not to make the content to accessible to players straight away. Every player needs something to aim for whether they are a casual or hardcore player, by doing this it grants a sense of achievement and keep players returning for more. If not players will burn through the content and leave Bioware in a constant struggle of trying to pump out content, in order to keep the retention of player subscriptions.

I think vast improvements have been made to raiding since the Tier One content, and Bioware have shown they are learning quickly. Denova has some interesting and sometimes challenging trash pulls, and a vast improvement on difficulty for boss encounters. Kudos to Bioware keep challenging us and ramping up the difficulty.

For future content id like to see more of the same on the trash between fights, with clever use of crowd control a must for clearing. There is nothing worse then mindless trash to kill between boss fights, with no skill or coordination required. Maybe instead of trash it would be nice to have a gauntlet style obstacle course, for players to make there way through. Imagine being fired upon by shielded turrets whilst trying to negotiate you way through timed hazards and jumping sections, in order to reach the switches….. required to power down the turret shields, thus making them vulnerable.

As far as boss fights go more of the same please, I have really enjoyed all encounters so far….. and I think its nice to have a puzzle one, it has become a signature of SWTOR operations. It would be nice if we could have more then four bosses in future operations and keep making content harder…….challenge us and we will return for more…

Lymain
07.30.2012 , 05:09 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Question for all MMO veterans (I.E more than just one mmo).

Is the speed at which they release new content: World Events, Flashpoints and Operations
normal?

Or is this slower than most?

For example:

Did/do EQ and EQ2 release Dungeons and Raids more often than SWTOR?
Since about 1.3, TOR has had one hour of relevant raid content for my guild per week (EC HM).

When my guild quit EQ2 in mid-April this year, we had about 10 hours of relevant content to raid per week. And obviously EQ2 is pretty old nowadays...for years, it had 20+ hours of relevant raid content per week (few guilds finished the content before new stuff was released).

PanzerJagdhund
07.30.2012 , 06:06 PM | #89
Most people don't think about it, but most guilds haven't even cleared HM EC. If you want more content, just be PATIENT. Its not like their is some lame game studio is making SWTOR. Bioware Austin has had several members laid off, which means that is less people to work on the game. Plus, with 1.4 dropping and maybe 1.5 as well this year, there will be a lot of content, to keep players busy.

Mynden
07.30.2012 , 06:44 PM | #90
I don't even want nightmare denova anymore. I'm sick of Denova. We cleared it on 16 hard in less than a month (more like 3 weeks, except he got broken right as we got to him) I've been farming it for 3 months. Nightmare isn't going to change the fact that I'm tired of going in there.
http://www.swtorcatalyst.com

Catalyst- Hardcore results with casual commitment