Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Operations Urgently Needed

Clown_Envy
07.26.2012 , 01:03 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
Honestly? All BioWare needs to do to retain me as a paying customer once my sub expires in August is COMMUNICATE WITH US.

It looks bad when you hide where you're at on upcoming content. It makes people think you're hiding something. BE OPEN AND TRANSPARENT like you claimed you would be. Have someone write up a blog twice a month detailing where the team is at on the road to upcoming content. Tease us with some screenshots. Release a few tidbits to get people salivating.

Silence is as good as death in this realm of the gaming universe.
This is the answer...it's not always the speed of the release as much as building the correct amount of anticipation...Like good foreplay lol

Fossman
07.26.2012 , 02:33 PM | #42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvbSc...layer_embedded

this page pretty much sums the major issues.

feefty
07.28.2012 , 07:59 AM | #43
3/4 of these comments are pure laughable. Swtor puts out more major updates than any game I've seen to date. For those wanting pure nightmare raids try the original Everquest. Think of being the number two tank in the number one guild of your server and banging your head on ONE raid for 3-6 months... Think of this raid as being only a tier 2 raid of four tiers. You want hard?? I done it for over 5 years. Yes some expansions w ere borefest we would clear all 13 raids in less than four months due to the fact we could only key 3-4 ppl per tier per week. You want some chit like that go for it. I play a game to have fun I don't need a second job again. So good job bioware. Just fix the bugs.

PariahMessiah
07.28.2012 , 08:03 AM | #44
Ignore the TC. The super hardcore will plow through this stuff and scream for MOAR no matter what. No matter how fast you shovel content out for these types its never enough.

alifaraaz
07.28.2012 , 12:04 PM | #45
As others said, to be honest it's all about keeping people interested by talking with us. I know they're going through tough times at BW Austin, thanks to EA. Personally I really do blame EA for like 70-80% of the game's shortcomings. It's difficult to blame the community because theyre gonna be there in every game. There's gonna be hardcore peeps, casuals, the in the middle people, the whiners and the fanboys.

You can look at certain aspects of the game that have been changed based on feedback from the playerbase (from beta too) and say damn, BW should have just taken charge and led through with some of their ideas instead of trying to please everyone. Attempting to make a more classic style MMO similar to the old WoW without bringing some of the convenience from new-WoW, yet still trying to cater to the casual crowd that bring in the money.

But all that aside in terms of raids, we do need more to keep us going, things like acheivements, ones which are a bit more tricky than the speeder ones or just the time trial ones.
I cant comment on TBC WoW era, because allthough I cleared all content with my semi-hardcore guild, we started late hitting SSC when MH was released, always playing catch up. This was kinda great because we had a set ladder and we never ran out on content right until the end, and then WotLK hit.

With WoTLK it was a little different. Being semi-hardcore, we cleared everything, but at our own pace. We would kill things, and then we worked on the acheivements which was imo the most fun I had. Working on Sartharion with 3 drakes up and trying to 8man Malygos. Then Ulduar had it's hard alternatives too with acheivements for doing so, and it was fantastic.

It was such that we cleared everything. After clearing we hit the acheivements, now usually we were at the kind of pace where as we got all the big acheivments done we only had like 2 weeks before the next raid was released. Dont get me wrong, Im sure there were plenty of hardcore guilds that had to wait much much longer, but we all know they make up a small minority, and they dont always mind waiting a while. But this truly is a long time, not inbetween releases but in between clearing everything and waiting for the next.

It's because of the little achievements that I consider WotLK raiding to be more fun that TBC, despite the quality of TBC raids being better. It gives you something to do, to chase after, to enjoy. As they say variety is the spice of life. We dont want to be doing our very dull farm raids. Everyone goes into a sort of robotic mode of just wanting to clear everything asap, just to get it over and done with the for week.
Sure we could spice things up ourselves, but lets be reasonable here. People do things for fun and reward, something as small as filling an acheivement system or earning a title is all we need to add some life into raids.

Beyond that, yeah we need to be teased more about the new Ops. It might be a long way away, so maybe they dont want to build excitment too early, but they mention how theyve been working really hard on the new Op, and I get the feeling that and Nightmare EC will be released at the same time.
If so, just show us a bit of this hard work, screenshots, an opening cinematic maybe, heck even just a blog about the story behind it along with some of the ideas flowing and challenges faced when designing the new content.

I recently returned to WoW after quitting at the end of WoTLK. Never played Cata, heard I missed out on the best part of it, being the early heroic dungeons and raids. Going there now, where its just 1 8 boss raid on farm for months on end, and the general bad taste people seem to hold, I can truly see SWToR having a very successful raiding scene if given the time to grow.

One other thing, slightly offtopic, is how swtor said they might open the door to Addons. I sincerely hope something like Deadly Boss Mods never exists in SWToR. SWToR has plenty of audio and visual cues for all the important mechanics ingame, and it does mke a difference, as opposed to just watching the bars knowing exactly when a boss is about to cast his abilities etc ahead of time, takes some of the fun out of it.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Jayshames
07.28.2012 , 12:14 PM | #46
To be honest, I just feel like once you get geared at end-game, that's all there is to it.. there's no tradable drops from end-game that are worth a serious amount. There should be super rare drops that are very valuable so it's not just a case of completing end-game content to gear yourself and then hope for more content to upgrade again.. it feels like there's nothing to do once your geared.

dsapp
07.28.2012 , 12:26 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by feefty View Post
3/4 of these comments are pure laughable. Swtor puts out more major updates than any game I've seen to date. For those wanting pure nightmare raids try the original Everquest. Think of being the number two tank in the number one guild of your server and banging your head on ONE raid for 3-6 months... Think of this raid as being only a tier 2 raid of four tiers. You want hard?? I done it for over 5 years. Yes some expansions w ere borefest we would clear all 13 raids in less than four months due to the fact we could only key 3-4 ppl per tier per week. You want some chit like that go for it. I play a game to have fun I don't need a second job again. So good job bioware. Just fix the bugs.
Uh....perhaps you've never heard of Rift. It blows this game, and pretty much every other MMO, out of the water when it comes to massive content updates. This game? 1.1 was basically stuff that was supposed to be out at release outside of, maybe, Kaon. So that means 1.2 was really the first major content release patch. It took 3 more months before we saw another major patch which was just QoL things like Group Finder, Ranked WZs (which were supposed to be cross realm and aren't), and Augment Kits. No new content was added. That means it's been 8 months and there has only been 1 true major content patch. That's Blizzard type speed. Not exactly something to be proud of.

I think the video posted above was a very, very accurate view of SWTOR. I'm not asking the game to compete with games that have been around for nearly a decade. However, if you're going to hang your hat on the leveling process, it should have lasted longer. Then, if you're going to be an MMO, you have to put out a little more endgame than what has been released. The biggest problem? Making SM Ops a much more efficient way to gear up as opposed to HM FPs. Outside of HM Black Talon, I never even bothered running any other HMs before stepping into Eternity Vault. Didn't need to. That was an entire block of content made relatively useless.

But, back OT, we need new Ops. EC has gotten stale already. If you're going to make people wait 4+ months, push out an Op with more than 4-5 bosses.

pure_laced
07.28.2012 , 12:35 PM | #48
I was in Afterlife, so yes I remember all of that. However, that was also the most fun raiding experience I have also ever had. WoW comes a close second.

The problem is most guilds that raided NiM EV/KP skipped Story Mode altogether because it was a waste of time. That leaves 4 bosses (less bosses than the previous initial release, and KP integration) on one difficulty mode. This is supposed to fulfill us for 6 months? My alts run HM EC clears.

I actually likes the way they did KP initially. 1 boss, then the others a couple of weeks afterwards. They could do the same thing like WoW did with ToC/ICC if I remember correctly. They did a wing at a time to give people stuff to do, then it opened up another wing the week after or couple of weeks after. In the end though it was 8+ bosses. That is content.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

lexiekaboom
07.28.2012 , 01:18 PM | #49
TSW have been out for a month and has released 7 new quests (which, if you play TSW, is a big deal; quests are not "go kill monsters")

They also have a CLEAR break down of what's coming over the next 6 months, a raid, some instances, more quests, and some features. It's easily more content then SW:TOR put out in it's first 6 months.

Rifts puts out new content every month on a given date.

COH and STO both do monthly "episodes" where there is a new story and quest line every month to play though. COH's takes about 5 or 6 hours, STO is a little shorter.

Basically, you need to play more games. SW:TOR is not the clear winner in the current generation as to content release, it's not even close.

More importantly every MMO in the current generation has CLEAR time line and release schedulers and sticks to them. There is pretty much no MMO you could play today that is less then 5 years old other then SW:TOR where you wouldn't know EXACTLY what was coming next and when it was coming.

That's the real problem. I know exactly when to expect the first DLC for boarder lands 2, when it will be out, and what's coming after that and the GAME ITSELF HASN'T BEEN RELEASE YET, but I don't know when the MMO I'm paying $15 a month for is going to have anything new for me. That's just ... unforgivable.

And they publish a weekend FAQ telling us what ISN'T coming and how we shouldn't be expecting changes or additions we are asking for, which isn't helping.

dsapp
07.28.2012 , 01:50 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
And they publish a weekend FAQ telling us what ISN'T coming and how we shouldn't be expecting changes or additions we are asking for, which isn't helping.
To be honest, the FAQ is just a weekly ball washing festival. It doesn't really answer any real questions. It may as well not even exist. Each week it gets smaller and they handpick questions that are relatively unimportant to the overall aspect of the game itself. "Why wasn't this perk included?" Oooo. Mind-blowing material there. It's a joke. Despite the fact that most people can't stand him, at least Ghostcrawler comes out and tells people what's going on and what their plans are. He answers questions that are tough questions not just softballs tossed gently down the middle of the plate.

It makes me contemplate why I've defended this game and whether or not it's worth it for me to continue my subscription. I'd rather give my money to Trion. Hell, sometimes I'd rather give my money to Blizzard and I effing HATE what's happened to WoW.