Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Operations Urgently Needed

Roxinius
07.24.2012 , 08:06 PM | #31
yes thats all they need right now a new opp for people to pile into and make it lag because they cant figure out how to fix it

borowmir
07.25.2012 , 03:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
yes thats all they need right now a new opp for people to pile into and make it lag because they cant figure out how to fix it
That's a whole different other issue we need them to fix. Lets not overwhelm them eh? The lag and bugs is actually playing in their favour in terms of content progression at the moment. There's been a few nights where we could have tkan a bigger chunk out of EC hard mode that lag, an add re-spawn or a boss fight bug has made us all just log off and try again a different day. Unfortunately this is also resulting in a huge loss of players from the frustration. We've had 2 of our 8 man team quit due to the bugs already...

However, your right - the lag fix is equally important to them giving us new content. Unfortunately we seem to see neither of those on the horizon.

Regards,
Thermal
Elite Gaming
www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

DiLune
07.25.2012 , 03:23 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
yes thats all they need right now a new opp for people to pile into and make it lag because they cant figure out they need to fix it
Fixed it for you.

borowmir
07.25.2012 , 03:41 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DiLune View Post
Fixed it for you.
Good work! In all seriousness though - the lack of communication from Bioware to customers is appalling (what we've come to expect with most MMOs I guess) but if there was simple honest communication of where the dev team are with working on content and implementing fixes - at least there would be something positive for people to look forward to.

Unfortunately when we are left in the dark, naturally we will think that nothing is being done to improve the game or fix bugs.

I think unfortunately their subscriber base will reflect these issues shortly as much as I hate to say that because SWTOR could be such a great game.

Thermal
Elite Gaming

Djhots
07.25.2012 , 06:32 PM | #35
As a hardcore raider and also an atlaholic (5 - 50's) I find both aspects of the game great. However, as part of a guild that that cleared HM EC one month ago and now having two grps doing it weekly, (mains & alts) I for one am rdy for some new content. Swtor has seen many issues arise, but this one sticks out the most for myself. All I am asking for is a three month timetable on new ops. That seems reasonable and what I have found to be the case in other MMOs. It's been very hard to maintain raiders in our guild due to this issue that we have gone from a 16 man raid team to an 8 man one. I enjoy multiple aspects of the game, but I would love to see more content for raiders cause that's what keeps ppl coming back, end game. Leveling alts goes only so far imo and if BW wants to right this ship end game, along with intresting side events, is solid place to start.

Vortuus
07.25.2012 , 07:40 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Djhots View Post
As a hardcore raider and ..... as part of a guild that that cleared HM EC one month ago
No, you're not a hardcore raider. But yes, this is part of the reason we don't have NiM or a new instance. Yet. Not that people aren't clearing it. It's just what it might show people who think they're hardcore. Not being mean, just honest.
Safeen - Sith Assassin
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | Space Slug Server

Fossman
07.25.2012 , 08:02 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Vortuus View Post
No, you're not a hardcore raider. But yes, this is part of the reason we don't have NiM or a new instance. Yet. Not that people aren't clearing it. It's just what it might show people who think they're hardcore. Not being mean, just honest.
I dont think its even possible for a hardcore raiding guild to exist in this game...there just isnt enough content to raid lol. but I guess its really a matter of opinion on how to define "Hardcore"

Kil-Gorbane
07.26.2012 , 09:12 AM | #38
To start off, Thermal, I love your videos. We liked raiding at first without guides, but now we often find ourselves looking up strategies, not because we are looking for short cuts, but because we have a hard time separating the fight mechanics and bugs. EC is not as bad as Soa (some patches caused that boss to do some serious bugging), but it's close. Your video series does a good job laying out the mechanics (and helps us sort out intended mechanics or bugs) for our raid leaders to explain them to the other members.

As a GM, I know how frustrating it is to keep a consistent raid group going and BW is not helping with bug/lag issues. I agree with most of your comments too. I think BW was on the right track with these new tiers of FP/OP content but the layoffs derailed the release progression. And unfortunately the bugs and lag mask the great mechanics in EC. I like raids because when we work together as a team the boss mechanics are fun. But BW, I can't stress how frustrating it is when our DPS are trying to kill bombers in Kephess and we get a few seconds of lag. It's also extremely frustrating having to re-clear trash mobs in EC because I accidentally rez'ed with the rest of the group, leaving no one to save our spot in the instance; or because we got de-populated.

Personally, I like both aspects of this game, PvP and PvE. I am a full War Hero geared PvP tank and have Full Rakata/BH tank and DPS PvE gear. I can tell everyone in here, it is not just the raiders who are getting bored. This boredom is felt by everyone. 1.2 should have had: a raid with 5 bosses (not 4) and full SM-HM-NiM modes, RWZ's, group finder (should have been launch), and Legacy Perks. Instead half of these things got pushed. When i first heard about Legacy Perks I assumed it was going to be for our Legacy... not perks for each individual character. If I had known that this "Legacy" system (or even any kind of Legacy system) was going to be the focus of patch 1.2 and 1.3 instead of PvE/PvP content I would have told BW how idiotic that idea was. Sadly, 400k+ subscribers did that for me.

If BW wants to save any face, its employee's need to start working serious over time hours. They need to use our 7+ months worth of subscription money and release new content. I mean real new content, not things that they tweaked from beta and sat on so they could call it new content. Real PvP/PvE content (Ilum, WZ, 5-boss OP, FP, week-events) not "Legacy" perks. But as of right now, it seems that they are consolidating their resources and milking their current subscribers for all that they can.
Olin Honos Cailleech Coolio | Draconis Nargal
<The Gray Order>

borowmir
07.26.2012 , 09:55 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kil-Gorbane View Post
To start off, Thermal, I love your videos. We liked raiding at first without guides, but now we often find ourselves looking up strategies, not because we are looking for short cuts, but because we have a hard time separating the fight mechanics and bugs. EC is not as bad as Soa (some patches caused that boss to do some serious bugging), but it's close. Your video series does a good job laying out the mechanics (and helps us sort out intended mechanics or bugs) for our raid leaders to explain them to the other members.
Thanks very much for the compliment and we're glad it's helped you and your guild mates - it's always great to hear that.

I agree with all of your points entirely. The games release should have been at 1.3 essentially rather than making everyone beta the game for a few months. That way, they would of had time to make new content and spend less time on bugs. Unfortunately it appears EAs grasp of Bioware has resulted in a quick release and as soon as the moneys been made back, cutting of staff then making the game as profitable as possible by doing the bare minimum.

If the devs don't do something fast - I really think there's going to be another huge drop of subs in the news

Thermal
Elite Gaming

AshlaBoga
07.26.2012 , 12:58 PM | #40
/signed
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption