Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Operations Urgently Needed

AshlaBoga
07.31.2012 , 04:33 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Mynden View Post
I don't even want nightmare denova anymore. I'm sick of Denova. We cleared it on 16 hard in less than a month (more like 3 weeks, except he got broken right as we got to him) I've been farming it for 3 months. Nightmare isn't going to change the fact that I'm tired of going in there.
I know right?

There's 3 ops in game right now. I've done all them on every difficulty with 8 man and 16 man and I NEED a 4th op.

It reminds me of how happy I was when the Denova WZ came out - finally I can PvP again without getting bored! And then the fresh new paint wore off as the months passed.

Story Terror from Beyond would be nice. Why? Because it's not about the gear, it's about the extremely limited PvE endgame. I feel like I'm back in DA2 here with the same dungeon map every single time.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

borowmir
07.31.2012 , 07:46 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by PanzerJagdhund View Post
Most people don't think about it, but most guilds haven't even cleared HM EC. If you want more content, just be PATIENT. Its not like their is some lame game studio is making SWTOR. Bioware Austin has had several members laid off, which means that is less people to work on the game. Plus, with 1.4 dropping and maybe 1.5 as well this year, there will be a lot of content, to keep players busy.
I don't think it's fair to tell people to be patient at all. People come to modern MMOs now with an expectation of content delivery (and I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation). Just because Bioware has had to make redundancies (and I genuinely feel for the staff involved in that), doesn't mean the customer base should suffer so much. We pay a part of our subscription price for them to develop new content, no new content = overpriced subscriptions.

If it was a F2P game, fair enough - tell people to be patient because your not paying for development constantly, but in a sub-game it's simply unacceptable.

I do understand that guilds haven't cleared EC Hard Mode yet, the point is though that the majority of guilds will have cleared EC Story Mode - the reality is hard mode really isn't that different to story mode once your in other than tactics changes. It's not a new boss encounter or new sets of trash - it's the same stuff a little more difficult and the feeling of it being 'new' wears off after about the third raid.

On the Everquest points - it's my favourite MMO of all time. I loved taking months to level to max, then having to build AA points after that. PoP was a fun expansion with its progression structure (I think more games should take this on), where you have to kill one tier of bosses to get access to the next tier.

Unfortunately a game like Everquest wouldn't be 'successful' in the current market - back then MMOs were for a minority audience in comparison to now where MMOs have become common-place in a good proportion of people growing up. I would love to see a game come out with that style of levelling and progression and i'd play it, unfortunately not many would stay in it now. Would we all really play with the lag we used to get in PoK and The Bazaar ? Or accept mid-raid breaks to allow peoples 56K connections to reset at a convenient time rather than the 2 hour forced reset ? ^^ Even when the servers were down, everyone was on EQChat until they were back up (It really was a different era of gaming )

There's a few other reasons that MMOs struggle now compared to EQ and I think one reason is that there's just so much choice in MMOs to play now, especially with how many have gone F2P.

When I played everquest, there wasn't really another MMO to play - quit and you quit MMOs. Now if your playing an MMO, there's a constant comparison to other MMOs. If you quit one MMO, you can pick up a different one or go back to one you've played before and with the split of players amongst them, there's always someone in another game you'll be relatively familiar with or gamed with before.

Regards,
Thermal
Elite Gaming
www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

Wugan
07.31.2012 , 04:14 PM | #93
So we have now heard that we can expect new content coming in August, and we have heard that the new Operation Terror From Beyond will be "coming soon." Will Terror From Beyond be part of the content releasing in August? Will Nightmare EC be coming out instead, or at the same time? When can we expect to get on the PTS to start testing one or both of these? Hopefully it will be with the next week or so if there is going to be sufficient time to test and tune before a late August release.

If not, we're still waiting for more clarity on what "coming soon" means while GW2 and Mists of Pandaria launch dates are quickly approaching.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

pure_laced
07.31.2012 , 05:19 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugan View Post
So we have now heard that we can expect new content coming in August, and we have heard that the new Operation Terror From Beyond will be "coming soon." Will Terror From Beyond be part of the content releasing in August? Will Nightmare EC be coming out instead, or at the same time? When can we expect to get on the PTS to start testing one or both of these? Hopefully it will be with the next week or so if there is going to be sufficient time to test and tune before a late August release.

If not, we're still waiting for more clarity on what "coming soon" means while GW2 and Mists of Pandaria launch dates are quickly approaching.
Denova had what, a 3 weeks PTS or 4 total before release? So PTS needs to be released this Thursday to match those same timelines. From a personal standpoint only (not the guild's) I don't have much faith in BW at this point. Their definition of new content could be a whole whopping 1 flashpoint and 5 new daily quests.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Anysao
07.31.2012 , 05:29 PM | #95
writing operations is harder then designing them.

you need a good story going on with it, if you got any good ideas for them, suggest it on forums.

i agree entirely, we need more. 3 isnt enough right now. a 4th is coming, but then we will wait for a 5th...then a 6th...etc.
will we ever be satisfied?

PS- i am a little sick of the "Dread master" theme all 3 (and Terror from beyond) is having.. i want something new.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Jazra
07.31.2012 , 05:39 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugan View Post

My opinion is that they'll release Nightmare mode for EC as well as the revamped Nightmare Modes that they said they were doing for EV and KP as a package deal for the August content. Then 1.4 will be the first F2P patch with Terror from Beyond because it is advertised under the F2P page.

My two cents.
Cali Killed Nox
World Progression Raiding

Thrills - Operative Healer
Website Stream

alifaraaz
07.31.2012 , 06:05 PM | #97
I guess well have to wait and see what said New content is. Anything raid related is good, I'd be over the moon with revamped Nightmare mode for all 3 ops as it'd be something new to sink our teeth into even if its 90% still the same ops.

Whenever the new stuff hits PTS will be the only real indicator of roughly when well get it though. But as you said for it to be in August it must be on PTS within like 2 weeks. Somehow I suspect that may not be the case though. Surely if New ops are to be tested new copies of our live chars with up to date gear will be needed, which they should inform us how to do so ahead of time.

If it wernt for your suggestion about the content advertised with f2p being Terror plus HK and new dailies, I might have guessed the new content for August to be HK and new dailies :P
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Theodulus
08.01.2012 , 04:08 AM | #98
The reason we haven't gotten any new ops and flashpoints is because BW has been busy spending all your sub money on adding cash shops to the game. I doubt the code for the cartel coins was already added at release.

The-Vortex
08.01.2012 , 09:48 AM | #99
After reading that interview with the new lead it seems like the "content" this month will be a world event, whether or not this means we'll get Nightmare EC or Terror remains to be seen but at the moment its not looking good, especially seeing at stuff like this usually needs extensive PTS testing.

Link to interview: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...This-Fall.html
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

borowmir
08.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
The reason we haven't gotten any new ops and flashpoints is because BW has been busy spending all your sub money on adding cash shops to the game. I doubt the code for the cartel coins was already added at release.
This may well be the case by the looks of things.....