Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The problem with endgame PvE after columi


jumay's Avatar


jumay
07.20.2012 , 01:54 PM | #21
Maybe I missed it in one of your post, but have you built a friends list of competent players from your pugs? I think that it is very very difficult to run HM Ops with random pugs. you have already come across the greedy factor, but the varying degrees of skill also is a problem. find some players that you know can run, befriend them, set a raid schedule with them thru chat, and you are good to go.

lemonade can only be made with lemons. don't fret about the problem when a solution is easily found.

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
07.22.2012 , 05:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jumay View Post
Maybe I missed it in one of your post, but have you built a friends list of competent players from your pugs? I think that it is very very difficult to run HM Ops with random pugs. you have already come across the greedy factor, but the varying degrees of skill also is a problem. find some players that you know can run, befriend them, set a raid schedule with them thru chat, and you are good to go.

lemonade can only be made with lemons. don't fret about the problem when a solution is easily found.
What and actually get seven of those competent PuG's online at the same time that are not busy or haven't already done it? This is what guilds in this game are supposed to do so you can progress through the content together, and I don't see a friends list of pugs respecting a lockout.

Anyway this is my last day subbed I believe, until they open up the game more so I can actually group up and play the content I was paying for without having to jump through loops on third party sites then BW won't be getting another penny from me, I got Diablo 3 and battlefield to keep me busy in the mean time.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Masqirage's Avatar


Masqirage
07.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #23
I'm surprised that this thread went 3 pages for a man who fiercely does not want a solution. If you do not like the common guild process with applications and do not like to pug...well you found your solution. Unsubscribe, go find a game that does have not any of these very severe and insurmountable obstacles to get you out of columni gear.

I mean the sheer audacity of anyone suggesting you fill out an application! On a third party website no less! Who has heard of such a thing. It is extremely monstrous to ask someone who will be part of your social environment and part of your hobby to spend 2 minutes to fill out meaningless questions!

Why would anyone suggest that you be a fill in for a regular guild group, or even worse develop the necessary social skills needed to start a weekly raid group of other random players. What sort of insensitive person would come up with such a social paradigm? In an MMO of all places!
M.E.R.C.S.|MERCScast|Recruitment
Sith-PVE-Hardcore-Raiding
Raid Leader 2006-Present

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
07.22.2012 , 01:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
What and actually get seven of those competent PuG's online at the same time that are not busy or haven't already done it? This is what guilds in this game are supposed to do so you can progress through the content together, and I don't see a friends list of pugs respecting a lockout.

Anyway this is my last day subbed I believe, until they open up the game more so I can actually group up and play the content I was paying for without having to jump through loops on third party sites then BW won't be getting another penny from me, I got Diablo 3 and battlefield to keep me busy in the mean time.
Wow dude, you really have a poor outlook on life. People are here offering suggestions to you and all you do is shoot them down. Do you really want suggestions or do you just want to go about your solo life and be miserable?

The game is opened up plenty for people to be able to see any content that you want to see. If you dont try to see it then its your fault, not the games. Have fun in D3 and battlefield. You will never find an MMO that suits you because you are too close minded and lazy.

uniz's Avatar


uniz
07.22.2012 , 01:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
The problem I see is progressing onto HM ops for rakata and above gear is basically not PUG-able, even with well geared players you always run into problems such as people dropping out half way through leaving you with half the lockouts or people being too greedy on gear like needing on all classes of gear making the whole thing a waste of time.

Now the obvious idea would be to join a guild and share the lockouts or have fairer loot rules in place, but here's the problem and where I've hit a wall. Most guilds require you to sign up to external sites and apply for the guild before even being accepted to apply for a raid or even 'like' facebook pages, something I find unacceptable just to play the better content of this game with people I was paying the same monthly fee for.

Ideally there should be in-game guild blogs and raid calendars for this purpose, nobody should be forced to communicate with people externally through poorly managed websites just to play the harder endgame content, it is also a security and privacy risk which can also leave you open to compromised email or out of game harassment.

My current subscription ends in a couple of days, because of this and the difficulty getting into post columi end-game content I will not be re-subscribing until I at I either see some changes or find a guild who don't do none of the things above.
guild websites have been around since and before eq1. ( eq1 was before wow for those of you that think wow was the first mmo) you log onto the the guilds site as a guest, fill out a application and wait in game for a response or email sometimes. there is nothing inherently unsafe about it. it is more unsafe to go to all of these new unproven off mmo sites for tips, gear and etc than a guilds website.

having a feature only in game for raid times is rather stupid. because those that are in game know already about the times. these can be put into the motto and there is no need for a feature.. what is needed is for people for various reasons to get guild information out of game when they are not at home or on their gaming computer.

guild websites keep track of dkp, allow you to sign up or inform fellow players your availability or lack of. they have the loot rules, rules to guild conduct and expectations of yourself in a raid. there are tips, specs and gear recommendations with a opportunity for discussion of these for each class. you would learn a lot from a properly run guild with nice helpful members. the trick is finding the right people.

as far as you not re subbing i personally don't care. it isn't biowares nor the games fault but rather yours. now that you know what a mmo end game is i wish you luck in finding one that fits your needs. being in a guild to complete end game content to get gear has been generic to mmos for some time. to change this for solo players isn't needed as that is what pvp is for.

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
07.22.2012 , 01:46 PM | #26
If you dont like the cake, you cant just go off eating all the icing.

HappyGilmore's Avatar


HappyGilmore
07.22.2012 , 01:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Sometimes guild runs lack a player and advertise that on general chat. Volunteer yourself for one of those and if you like the guys involved/do well in the ops you might get an invite..
Exactly, just put yourself out there and you can find some really cool people from pugging guild runs/alt runs and have a lot of fun while doing it!

Moriganno's Avatar


Moriganno
07.22.2012 , 08:21 PM | #28
Tbh guys. IIt's pretty obvious OP is a baddie who's constantly getting rejected by the operation grps in the various guilds he joins. Finds another guild and face the same issue. He likely also joins PuG runs with players in 15k health and wipes a lot. I also won't be surprised he would be the DPS/healer constantly standing in red circles in Torn and Zorn, and complaining why he isn't getting heals and died.
You're probably ignoring to help such players in-game, why so many of you do so in forum baffles me

Vankris's Avatar


Vankris
07.22.2012 , 09:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Masqirage View Post
I'm surprised that this thread went 3 pages for a man who fiercely does not want a solution. If you do not like the common guild process with applications and do not like to pug...well you found your solution. Unsubscribe, go find a game that does have not any of these very severe and insurmountable obstacles to get you out of columni gear.

I mean the sheer audacity of anyone suggesting you fill out an application! On a third party website no less! Who has heard of such a thing. It is extremely monstrous to ask someone who will be part of your social environment and part of your hobby to spend 2 minutes to fill out meaningless questions!

Why would anyone suggest that you be a fill in for a regular guild group, or even worse develop the necessary social skills needed to start a weekly raid group of other random players. What sort of insensitive person would come up with such a social paradigm? In an MMO of all places!
i enjoyed this.

cynical sense of humor ftw
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

ChickenWangs's Avatar


ChickenWangs
07.23.2012 , 02:15 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
What and actually get seven of those competent PuG's online at the same time that are not busy or haven't already done it? This is what guilds in this game are supposed to do so you can progress through the content together, and I don't see a friends list of pugs respecting a lockout.

Anyway this is my last day subbed I believe, until they open up the game more so I can actually group up and play the content I was paying for without having to jump through loops on third party sites then BW won't be getting another penny from me, I got Diablo 3 and battlefield to keep me busy in the mean time.
This thread is a joke, 0/10, right? I mean no one would actually complain about typing information into a website so they can get into a guild, right? No one would actually complain about a third party site which is very useful for setting up consistent raid groups and times right? No one would actually have a major problem with typing LFG HM EV/KP/EC, right?

Forums you give me hours of entertainment.