Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Authenticating my account?

gscot
12.19.2011 , 02:08 AM | #1
There are certain vendors that when I try to access I get a message that I cannot access them until I "authenticate my account"? Does that mean I have to have my security questions, contact info, and have redeemed my "product registration code"? If so I have done the first two, but when I attempt to redeem my code it just tells me its already been used.

Amarinth
12.19.2011 , 02:59 AM | #2
Which vendor are you trying to access exactly?

There should only be two vendors in the game that you need special access for, the security key vendor and the CE vendor.

For the security key vendor you need to attach a security key authenticator (either the physical device or the mobile app) to your account. Possibly you also need to have put in your retail key already (not the preorder code but the actual product code from a full game copy) - I haven't tested whether the security key vendor works in early access with just an authenticator, but no retail code.

As for the CE vendor, you need a CE retail key (again not the preorder key but an actual full product code from the big CE box) to access that guy. If you have bought a VIP wristband on an account with a standard game key or if you've got a Digital Deluxe account, then you can get into the VIP lounge, but you won't be able to access the CE vendor.

If you have not received your retail copy yet, you'll have to wait until that arrives. If you have already received it and the key you found in the box isn't working (already redeemed error) or the piece of paper it should be on is missing or blank, then you need to contact support as in that case you're one of the unlucky ones whose products had a manufacturing fault (some retail copies got preorder codes put in, other just had codes missing, etc).

If you do not have an authenticator and will not be getting one as part of the CE, you can either download the mobile app from the website, or order a physical authenticator from Origin.
We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside...

SoupDeGrais
05.14.2014 , 05:08 PM | #3
How do you get the phone app?

TurboRicky
08.16.2015 , 03:53 PM | #4
I have the security key app on my phone, but the vendor doesn't work on the Imperial Fleet (the vendor's name is "Toth" if it helps). It says I need to authenticate when I attempt to access it, but I use a security when I log in.