Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else seeing ad links everywhere in posts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Anyone else seeing ad links everywhere in posts?

Leggomy
07.20.2012 , 04:13 AM | #1
Trying to figure out if my wife got some malware on my pc or what. i see links and pop up ads when you hover over on all posts now. I see no other threads about it worried it is only me.

Denyus
07.20.2012 , 04:17 AM | #2
Download and run Spybot Search & Destroy.
Captain Vincenth McKinley <Mutiny>
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU

Rafael_Peres
07.20.2012 , 04:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Trying to figure out if my wife got some malware on my pc or what. i see links and pop up ads when you hover over on all posts now. I see no other threads about it worried it is only me.
Yeah dude.
You ara infected with some kind of malware/adware cause theres no ads in the swtor forums.

Leggomy
07.20.2012 , 04:29 AM | #4
Ok ran that spybot thing it found like 5 different malware things installed on my pc. My wife says all she did was get on facebook lol. I told her facebook is where everyone gets viruses and malware.

Arekkusu-III
07.20.2012 , 04:30 AM | #5
She probably clicked an advertisement on google or something by accident, nothing to worry about just make sure to run your checks and you'll be fine ^^
Cheers,

Ten/Kirine.

Leggomy
07.20.2012 , 04:32 AM | #6
I dont get the whole facebook thing. Maybe cause Im in my 40s I dunno. Anyways at least I dont have ads popping up everywhere now heh.

Azure_Prower
07.20.2012 , 05:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I dont get the whole facebook thing. Maybe cause Im in my 40s I dunno. Anyways at least I dont have ads popping up everywhere now heh.
I'm in my 20s and I don't even get the whole facebook thing.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

Baphomet_x
07.20.2012 , 05:42 AM | #8
reminds m e of when i fixed a person`s computer for $30...

they said it wouldnt turn on,and when it did,shutdown random ly,lagged all over the place

so i go to fix it...the amount of spyware and toolbars all over the place couldve filled the library of congress...so i deleted all the stuff directly from the drive instead of uninstall stuff

and then i went to mission base (otherwise microsoft),and got the computer the microsoft malicious software removal tool,and then windows defender (i think it was xp btw)...ran both,cleared the remaining bits,and the comp was good as new

why oh why do people install toolbars or click on free smiley set offers,ill never know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1MsX0Qsao
post this link in your signature...use this link to help people understand where the future is going,why,and what to do about it
"Knights of the old republic-sub" since may 2012

pudim
07.20.2012 , 05:42 AM | #9
I had this problem, the only program that could get rid of it was RogueKiller

Elmillia
07.20.2012 , 06:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Baphomet_x View Post
reminds m e of when i fixed a person`s computer for $30...

they said it wouldnt turn on,and when it did,shutdown random ly,lagged all over the place

so i go to fix it...the amount of spyware and toolbars all over the place couldve filled the library of congress...so i deleted all the stuff directly from the drive instead of uninstall stuff

and then i went to mission base (otherwise microsoft),and got the computer the microsoft malicious software removal tool,and then windows defender (i think it was xp btw)...ran both,cleared the remaining bits,and the comp was good as new

why oh why do people install toolbars or click on free smiley set offers,ill never know
I'm guessing they think "Ohhh shiney" when they see it.

Facebook itself is safe. It's the apps and pages FB links to, and the "theme" sites.
SWTOR is a MORPG. Multiplayer online Roleplaying game.

There is nothing Massively about it.