Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BRB playing TSW

swtonewbie
07.20.2012 , 04:02 AM | #1
Hey everybody,

Stopping my sub, not because SWTOR sucks, but The Secret World (TSW) seems to be kinda cool. I resubbed to SWTOR about a month ago and i rerolled all new low levels and i was getting into it again. But while browsing the forums someone mentioned TSW. I looked up the trailers and some reviews and omg the trailer was cheesy, and the reviews were horribly written. But a few weeks later (which would be a week ago) i tried it out on a whim. So far its going pretty good, although there is currently no end game (more to come in the future) it has a lot of missions that require you to use your head. Another cool thing is with enough time you can learn all abilities in the game and use any weapon. But like in EVE online where you can only use 1 ship at a time, you can only have a few abilities active and only 2 weapons in use at any 1 time. What does that mean? if they nerf a spec that you are playing you dont have to reroll, just chose another spec. You dont have to worry about duel spec, because you can be any spec. I was there for SWTOR and D3 launch, and so far TSW has been pretty smooth...couple of glitches here and there but nothing game breaking.

If i had to describe it to someone thats never played it, I would say its a zombie apocalypse movie and you're in it. Anyways cancelling my sub here, but i may or may not be back. So BRB, AFK, LOL playing TSW KK BAI.
I'm not really a noob...

Lundli
07.20.2012 , 04:10 AM | #2
Good for you.. have fun with "funcom"

BenjaminminU
07.20.2012 , 04:10 AM | #3
Yeah this thread totally isn't going to get closed blaitantly advertising another game, if you love TSW so much why bother posting in the forums for SWTOR rather than go play it?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

swtonewbie
07.20.2012 , 04:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Yeah this thread totally isn't going to get closed blaitantly advertising another game, if you love TSW so much why bother posting in the forums for SWTOR rather than go play it?
oh really? this thread is gonna get locked? huh

But anyways, I know there are a lot of disgruntled people on here, maybe they will want to check it out. Also i dont necessarily love TSW so much that i want it to have my zombie babies, i just like it more then SWTOR atm.
I'm not really a noob...

Denyus
07.20.2012 , 04:16 AM | #5
I heard WoW is a great game!

No but seriously TSW might push BW to stop hide in the basement and come up with new things faster it's all about competition on the market.
Captain Vincenth McKinley <Mutiny>
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU

spectreclees
07.20.2012 , 04:29 AM | #6
I heard TSW was garbage and from what I've seen of it, it is. Have fun regardless.

Boufsa
07.20.2012 , 04:39 AM | #7
All what you said about TSW could have been said from SWTOR before it get launched. To sum it up, it is "promising, but with one or two big limitations which hopefully will get rid of in the future"

Quote: Originally Posted by swtonewbie View Post
if they nerf a spec that you are playing you dont have to reroll
This decredibilize you totally. It makes you look like the common whiner that just want to play the FOTM class. I personally never rerolled after a nerf. Keep playing, optimize yourself, that's what makes it interesting from my point of view

Shingara
07.20.2012 , 04:41 AM | #8
have fun going from ea to erm, ea.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Diktat
07.20.2012 , 04:41 AM | #9
TSW was not what I expected and I couldn't stand it. I played 1 beta event (I think the last one) just a few hours, enough to level up one character to levet 7 or 8 (i don't remeber exactly when I stopped) and just create other 2 chareacters of the other 2 factions (shame that tutorial quest is exactly the same for all 3 factions).
Despite I don't like the graphics, neither the unnatural movements of characters, things I can oversight if the game hooks me up, the game felt down on me when I entered in the portals hub and the first quests (after turorial area) were kill zombies.
Sorry, but for me TSW is another fantasy game with zombies, and its "original features" are not enough for me. A total fail in my case.
With all its flaws (and are a lot) SWTOR is way better game.
TSW is no longer in my HD.

LordRoth
07.20.2012 , 04:46 AM | #10
Tried it. Couldn't get into it. Not very fluid, combat is clunky. Great atmosphere and concept and music however.
Squadron 238

Naga Sadow

Library - Terrible Sorcerer