Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need new content, asap!

Norpsel
07.20.2012 , 12:14 AM | #1
I'll keep this short, we need new content fast. 1.2 was launched in April, that's almost 4 months without a Nightmare mode made available. This is one of the number one criticisms of the game, lack of endgame content. Stop focusing on legacy, you may think that players want this but we want more content. Leveling alts is fun and all but that isn't why I play, I like to raid. Running through the same HM EC every week gets old. Most of us have alts that are well geared at this point, some of us even have a 2nd alt in BH/Camp gear because we are so bored.
Get it together, at this rate you will release Nightmare when a whole new tier of content should be out (most games release new content within 6 months). Also, if you think that just releasing Nightmare EC at this point will give us enough to do, you are wrong. We need something new, not the same 4 bosses with maybe a few new mechanics. Let's see this increased rate of content release.
Quote: Originally Posted by EA Bioware
BioWare Austin is currently staffed to ensure the continued delivery of new, high quality game content for The Old Republic, and at a more frequent cadence.

Ghostius
07.20.2012 , 02:39 AM | #2
Its too early for new content, go check wow - there was no new content for 10 months. Enjoy what you have atm.....

Norpsel
07.20.2012 , 03:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghostius View Post
Its too early for new content, go check wow - there was no new content for 10 months. Enjoy what you have atm.....
WoW is ending an expansion, SWTOR is launching a game (~6.5months old). Another difference, the last content update for WoW the raid had 3 difficulty levels, SWTOR released EC with 2 difficulty levels with the assurance that Nightmare would soon follow. I'm sorry, 4 months is not soon.

Utania
07.20.2012 , 04:05 AM | #4
SW TOR definately could do with another zone like black hole, another flashpoint and another op or two.

Starting to get a little stale only having one op to progress in.

borowmir
07.20.2012 , 06:50 AM | #5
You can't compare WoW content releases to SWTOR for 2 reasons:

1 - WoW had way more bosses per content release - we're talking 4 bosses vs 10 here.

2 - WoW progression was much slower because with 10 bosses you can increase the difficulty much more than you can with 4 bosses.

4 Boss content releases (with 2 difficulty modes) need a lifespan of 8-10 weeks maximum, not 4 or 5 months....

Regards,
Thermal
Elite Gaming Raid Guides
www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

dipstik
07.20.2012 , 11:42 AM | #6
you are the minority, and as such, have to suffer because most guilds do not yet have echm on farm.

pure_laced
07.20.2012 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
you are the minority, and as such, have to suffer because most guilds do not yet have echm on farm.
This statement does nothing but fuel the fire. While you are right in saying "most guilds" do not have it on farm it is because "most guilds" do not care to have it on farm. There are thousands of guilds that do not care about Ops, some are just PvP, some are social, etc. Just because there are guilds that fall into that category, doesn't refute our argument about the lack of content.

My son has a toon, he isn't 50 and he is in a social guild. Does that mean we shouldn't get new content for those that cleared it months ago because of his status or many others like him? Of course not.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Capt_Beers
07.20.2012 , 01:21 PM | #8
A new operation was announced to released later this year when 1.2 was released.

Terror From Beyond Trailer

In the video they also mention raising the level cap and adding a planet. I don't when they are going to release it but it looks promising.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

Coriolan_Martius
07.20.2012 , 01:42 PM | #9
Although I don't think 1 new raid will solve anything at this point, I suspect that they will need to release it. Expectations have been set and quite a few people have 6 month(+1 month free) subscriptions coming up for renewal soon.

1.4 Must Have
1 FP
1 WZ
1 OP
1 Daily quest area

However, I am starting to get a bad feeling about this. I think there may not be a new OP except for nightmare mode EV. Why do I say this?

1. Devs mentioned that they will alternate between releasing story/hard mode ops and nightmare.
2.The New OP takes place on Makkab(sp).
3. That planet will bring level cap increase.
4. Level cap increase is supposed to come by the end of the year.

So I conclude that either:

1. The whole shebang is coming in 1.4 (unlikely due to the time frame)
2. We are getting only nightmare mode in 1.4(very likely).

I think they really should look into getting some mini-games put in. I would love to break up the grind and alt-leveling with some social gaming and friendly competition that does not involve combat. However, I doubt we will get that either.

Kavu
07.20.2012 , 01:51 PM | #10
um they JUST announced a whole new OP. HK-51 anyone?
Kritz'krieg 55 Commando Kapowy 50 guardian
Kalim' ti 50 Sentinel Kavu 55 Gunslinger
Desolation 50 Marauder