Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear checker!

Fossman
07.19.2012 , 07:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
No thanks. I dont need the gearscore elitists with terribly itemised gear rearing their ugly heads.
We dont need anything like that. Just some way of filtering out the baddies. While I agree that you dont need full campaign gear or even full rakata. When you are pugging this instance through the group finder odds are your gona end up with a group that will lack the coordination you would get from a guild group or a premade. Odds are if someone has rakata gear they have at least some experience with raids which means they can follow instructions.

ImmortalAlien
07.20.2012 , 12:04 AM | #12
The standard minimum for HM LI in terms of gear is Tionese, yet gear is not the reason why HM LI is difficult. It might have been the fact that the Tier 1 HM's used to be blatant gear checks, but HM LI is all about knowing the fight mechanics and coordination. Also, because of the fact that Tier 2 is separated from Tier 1, people should logically not queue up for HM LI until they think they're ready.

pureeffinmetal
07.20.2012 , 12:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
How about a fresh 50 on his/her first toon pugging HM LI in 45-50 gear? What chance would you give them?
It would depend on the other 3 of course. But probably very little chance, but again not necessarily because of the gear but because "His/her first toon" and/or no experience with LI HM.

I've seen full Rakata people get slaughtered by Lost Island. They more than had the gear for it but failed due to skill/coordination issues.

The gear check wouldn't do anything in that case.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Griad
07.20.2012 , 12:22 AM | #14
No gear check please dont want some elitist noob telling me that i cant join because i dont have +20k health on my DPS toon, even though i will do a much better job than him having done the instance so many times on my other toons.

If you know the fight just explain it properly and it will be fine, i have tanked it on my main with a group of green/blues dps and heals, granted my main tank is full campaign so my experience and gear made up for the lack of theirs, but what it really takes is one person with decent gear and people in group listening. reading and understanding.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse