Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gear checker!


Rotsnhell's Avatar


Rotsnhell
07.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #1
Ok Please add a gear checker to your LFG tool for HM LI its gotten realy old queueing for that place only to get 3 people in Tionese gear or worse. They just dont have the stats to do there role effectively.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
07.19.2012 , 02:26 PM | #2
It's odd to me that people would even try.

I did Tier 1 HM flashpoints until they were easy, and only then started queueing for LI.

This gave me a) Better gear and b) Better skill at my class.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.19.2012 , 02:40 PM | #3
Really ? I'm hardly an expert but I believe that FP is more about group coordination than anything else.

The first time I did it was with another marauder (a guildie's alt) who was in PvP Recruit gear. Lucky sob ended up getting the columi mainhand and Rakata chest

Granted, it was a guild run and we were on voice chat, so that helped a lot. We wiped 2 times at the gorilla and once at Lorrick, but that had to do more with my being the first time in the instance than lack of gear.

A gear check would have prevented everybody getting the BH comms from the run. That would have sucked.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
07.19.2012 , 02:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Really ? I'm hardly an expert but I believe that FP is more about group coordination than anything else.
Died so many times to the robot last night :P First time we had done it with a Marauder, so we were trying to remember the melee tactics - ended up having the droid kited around the room while I swore. Naturally I was heals :P

You do need a bit of gear for it though, if only for the enrage timers.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.19.2012 , 02:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Died so many times to the robot last night :P First time we had done it with a Marauder, so we were trying to remember the melee tactics - ended up having the droid kited around the room while I swore. Naturally I was heals :P

You do need a bit of gear for it though, if only for the enrage timers.
lol, Don't ask me how, but we oneshotted that damn robot, so when we wiped twice with the gorilla we were like "wtflolsrsly?"
Perhaps an undergeared tank or healer is more critical than 1 dps. I was already with full rakata and 1 bh piece at that time, so maybe I was compensating. But still, a gear check could be trouble. How much is enough, exactly ?

pureeffinmetal's Avatar


pureeffinmetal
07.19.2012 , 03:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotsnhell View Post
Ok Please add a gear checker to your LFG tool for HM LI its gotten realy old queueing for that place only to get 3 people in Tionese gear or worse. They just dont have the stats to do there role effectively.
I've healed a Tionese tank with gear consisting of level 45-50 Epics through Lost Island. It was a guild group and we slaughtered it as usual.

The problem is not lack of gear.

The problem is lack of skill and coordination and in worse cases, common sense.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
07.19.2012 , 03:04 PM | #7
And gear level doesn't mean proper itemisation - I remember that from WoW Perhaps a minimum of main stat for all but tanks? Tanks obviously have different requirements.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
07.19.2012 , 03:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
I've healed a Tionese tank with gear consisting of level 45-50 Epics through Lost Island. It was a guild group and we slaughtered it as usual.

The problem is not lack of gear.

The problem is lack of skill and coordination and in worse cases, common sense.
I agree 100% that it's a skill / coordination check.

But I would hazard a guess that anyone making it through HM LI with level 45-50 epics had done that fight many times and knew exactly how to do it.

How about a fresh 50 on his/her first toon pugging HM LI in 45-50 gear? What chance would you give them?

Mind you, I'm against gear checks in the group finder, don't want them. I'm just saying that anyone attempting HM LI for the first time ever should have practiced on the T1 HMs already, which means they should have Columi gear and maybe even a piece of Black Hole from group finder rewards.

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
07.19.2012 , 04:20 PM | #9
No thanks. I dont need the gearscore elitists with terribly itemised gear rearing their ugly heads.

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
07.19.2012 , 04:22 PM | #10
On my Sorc, I was using a BM Helm, with the other four set bonus pieces filled with Columi+ (some of the armor skins where Tionese, but all the mods where switched out from my old DPS set) The rest of my stuff was all BM or a few Champion pieces that I still hadn't replaced. I was grouped with a couple of slightly over geared guildies, and we got a fresh lvl 50 in all recruit gear as a DPS. We wiped a few times, but we got it done, and it wasn't too bad. Granted I wouldn't want to do that again but, it was much better then the time before, earlier that same morning, when I was grouped with a bunch of other guys that had never run it before, and where all in columi gear.

One person needs to know what to do, and I would prefer everyone in Tionese armor, but if you feel someone is under geared you can always vote to kick them, or if the rest of your group is, drop group and que for a WZ while you wait.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo