Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First Day As A Smuggler....(Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
First Day As A Smuggler....(Spoilers)

Malles
07.18.2012 , 08:12 PM | #1
I got all my Empire classes all ready (Powertech, Juggernaut, Sniper, Sorcerer), so now I'm diving into the Republic. My first Republic toon is Banik the Scoundrel.

HOLY CRAP.

I love the story. I played through four storyline and not a one of them had a guy in it that ticked me off quicker than Skavak did. But I went from ready to shoot everyone to laughing my head off at Banik's lines and antics. Memorizing a bird watching textbook to learn a code, tricking Mantellian separatists into giving me stims, or convincing a batty old man in a cave to part with what I have no doubt in my mind was the Star Wars equivalent of crystal meth.

Also, I freaking love Corso, though from what my buddies have been telling me, I'm the only male in the game that does. The guy's my clone, down to the haircut. Copyright lawsuit incoming.

Then I get to Coruscant and it gets better! Sabacc, conning bounty hunters, hitting on every female in sight, this is exactly what I wanted out of my Smuggler and I got it. Banik truly lives up to the Scoundrel class. Had to work for my ship every inch of the way (The Works!) but worth it. Gonna miss my Sullustan buddy, though.

Only issue I had was that Cracker Jack is a way, way better name than Ace.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

PanikSpreder
07.18.2012 , 09:46 PM | #2
Chapter 2 was my favorite part - just got that good 'ol Star Wars episode 4-6 feeling somehow!

Haggardbr
07.19.2012 , 05:45 AM | #3
Well, as everyone say and I can guarantee that the smuggler's storyline is one of the best in the game just as the imperial agents one.

I have a 50 gunslinger that i'm still gearing with black hole items and another smuggler to roll as scoundrel just waiting me in a cantina on Ord Mantell.

Here's my 50 gunslinger, Mr. Qo'dex Haggard!
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...9-17-07-70.jpg

Now I'm playing both a sniper (level 35) and an operative (level 12).

Those two are the only classes I play in this game, I tried jedis and didn't like them, I tried troopers and didn't like them also so I just sticked to the classes I was more fond of.

If you're loving the storyline until now, just wait until you start chapter 2 and roll all the way to the end of chapter 3, you gonna love it!

On that note, the end of chapter 1 is really cool, there are lots of steps to be done but you get really excited to do them and see the "end".

Also, I don't want to spoil anything, but at the end of chapter one, give "Torchy" back to Corso, you'll have a great surprise later (check the spoiler in my hand if you wanna a preview).

And talking about Corso, I love that guy, he's so fun and stuff, he makes me laugh every time!

"Now you're dumb, ugly and dead!"
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

Malles
07.19.2012 , 06:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
Well, as everyone say and I can guarantee that the smuggler's storyline is one of the best in the game just as the imperial agents one.

I have a 50 gunslinger that i'm still gearing with black hole items and another smuggler to roll as scoundrel just waiting me in a cantina on Ord Mantell.

Here's my 50 gunslinger, Mr. Qo'dex Haggard!
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...9-17-07-70.jpg

Now I'm playing both a sniper (level 35) and an operative (level 12).

Those two are the only classes I play in this game, I tried jedis and didn't like them, I tried troopers and didn't like them also so I just sticked to the classes I was more fond of.

If you're loving the storyline until now, just wait until you start chapter 2 and roll all the way to the end of chapter 3, you gonna love it!

On that note, the end of chapter 1 is really cool, there are lots of steps to be done but you get really excited to do them and see the "end".

Also, I don't want to spoil anything, but at the end of chapter one, give "Torchy" back to Corso, you'll have a great surprise later (check the spoiler in my hand if you wanna a preview).

And talking about Corso, I love that guy, he's so fun and stuff, he makes me laugh every time!

"Now you're dumb, ugly and dead!"
I feel for the guy, especially when he told me how he got Torchy.

He really is my clone, though. We're both military, we're both from the country, we have the same love for weapons (and name them; my knife is called Badger and my rifle is named Rachel), and we'll raise all kinds of hell when we see a female in trouble.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

jedip_enguin
07.19.2012 , 03:50 PM | #5
I've enjoyed my Smugglers story immensely it's great to play a slightly more neutral good guy after the giant boy scout I was on my Trooper.

And the ladies love me
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh