Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Han shot forts

Zeerko
07.18.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1
why si it such à big deal? It does not change the plot of the Movie or anything.
edit: first not forts, gosh darn overpriced pièce of junk
Fat'Moe - Mercenary - Battle Meditation (RP)
Biggy-Small - Operative - Prophecy of the Five (PvP)
Malckolm - Scoundrel - Tomb of Freedon Nad (PvP)

Kilikaa
07.18.2012 , 05:31 PM | #2
When did Han shoot a fort? What part of the movie did this occur? lol

I know you mean Han shot first. It's a big deal because that is what happened when the movie was made. Changing it for no reason other than to change it was just wrong. Han shot Greedo because that is who he was at that point in time. Han was not a goodguy/hero yet. Lucas changes things all the time. It is his right to do so as it is his creation, but many of those changes are wrong and plain stupid. Many fans refuse to accept some of these changes as canon. Case in point, "peaceful" Mandalorians. Terrible idea.

jtjohnson
07.18.2012 , 05:35 PM | #3
The main reason I don't like Gredo shooting first is because it was implemented poorly. I don't care how bad a shot you are, there is no way he should have missed by that wide of a margin from less than 3 feet away. Not to mention in the theatrical release of the special edition the blaster bolt comes out of Gredo's gun at an angle.

Eillack
07.18.2012 , 07:12 PM | #4
I'm assuming you aren't from around these parts with what I see in your post OP, but The First Shot is a big deal for the sake of consistancy. In the original, Han DID shoot first. Hell I still have the VHS Trilogy before the PT was even mention (Ep I). The first implementation made Han look like a dark character / "Go f#$% yourself" kind of guy. He took charge and knew how to deal with people like Greedo.

The fact that it was completely changed to make Han look like he was under attack annoyed a ton of people.

The whole argument is: The Original Version vs Changed Version. People didn't like Star Wars being changed back then than fans do now.

Captain_Zone
07.19.2012 , 09:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I'm assuming you aren't from around these parts with what I see in your post OP, but The First Shot is a big deal for the sake of consistancy. In the original, Han DID shoot first. Hell I still have the VHS Trilogy before the PT was even mention (Ep I). The first implementation made Han look like a dark character / "Go f#$% yourself" kind of guy. He took charge and knew how to deal with people like Greedo.

The fact that it was completely changed to make Han look like he was under attack annoyed a ton of people.

The whole argument is: The Original Version vs Changed Version. People didn't like Star Wars being changed back then than fans do now.
^This, and the fact that it showed the start of his journey from selfish and ruthless mercenary toward becoming a hero by the end of RotJ.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

kirorx
07.19.2012 , 01:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jtjohnson View Post
The main reason I don't like Gredo shooting first is because it was implemented poorly. I don't care how bad a shot you are, there is no way he should have missed by that wide of a margin from less than 3 feet away. Not to mention in the theatrical release of the special edition the blaster bolt comes out of Gredo's gun at an angle.
Exactly

Fyurii
07.19.2012 , 06:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Hell I still have the VHS Trilogy before the PT was even mention (Ep I). The first implementation made Han look like a dark character / "Go f#$% yourself" kind of guy. He took charge and knew how to deal with people like Greedo.
I never really saw him as a dark character before the change/awful CG job to Greedo firing and missing at point blank range. He did, after all, shoot in self defense. Someone was pointing a gun at him and had blatantly told Han he was going to kill him.
Then again, I grew up watching the Dollars trilogy and the Dirty Harry films.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Cleet_Xia
07.19.2012 , 09:18 PM | #8
If you were a kid in the 80's you saw that scene over and over until you memorized every frame of it. And it defined the character. Seeing the scene after it was changed, your automatic reaction is, "did I just enter the twilight zone?"

And then the Han gets up and calmly walks away after Greedo puts a shot into the wall around his head?

Yeah, it went from Han walking away daring someone else to step up... to Han walking away trying to mask the fact there is a duece in his pants.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

ZirusZero
07.19.2012 , 10:32 PM | #9
The sad this is, outside of youtube I will most likely never see the true digitally unedited scene.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

AntckLawin
07.20.2012 , 06:49 AM | #10
Han is a smuggler of course he shot first.