Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you like Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why do you like Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

DanteKardo
07.27.2012 , 03:20 PM | #21
We're talking about star wars here. WoW had a generally cartoonish feel since it's earliest conception and WC2 onwards, whereas SW always had a realistic touch in any of it's books, games and fiction UNTIL the Clone wars series came out. The Idea to introduce a 'cartoonish' style would've been far too outlandish for SW in that regard, with no regards whether WoW was cartoonish or not. Even if the Idea to make TOR like WoW in style sprung from the fact that WoW 'is' cartoonish, the fact that it's already been done through CW probably solidified the idea as something 'that can work'.

"Rhy'Nathar Nalcann" - Sorcerer
"Nycolas Nalcann" - Juggernaut

Eillack
07.27.2012 , 09:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HomicidalWhales View Post
WOW. I've been a Star Wars fan for years! I've watched all the movies and read and seen things outside of that canon.
That is scary then.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

HomicidalWhales
07.28.2012 , 05:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
That is scary then.
Whatever.

BrandonSM
07.28.2012 , 09:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
New to Star Wars?

Or just watched the movies and never touched anything outside of it?
Wow. Someone can't have their own opinioon?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

DarthJopeous
07.28.2012 , 10:34 AM | #25
I don't like the show.

It retconns all of Star Wars period. Its another TFU unleashed. Ashoka Tano is basically Starkiller: Two lightsabers, has more force powers and can beat her master Anakin. Basically its another medium to destory Vader's coolness further and make Anakin look like total wimp.

Show is dumb and boring for most episodes. They messed up bringing back Darth Maul and made a total wimp. They over powering Obi wan and making him the star. Give me a freaking break, Anakin was the chosen one and supposed to be the hero of the clone wars. Where is this hero we are supposed to see? All I see is Anakin being saved by Ashoka or Jar Jar Binks, big hero.

I am just glad Geroge Lucas is retiring and hopefully the writer of the prequels and clone wars retires as well. Bring back the original clone wars cartoons which were more serious.

The clones wars to me receives 4 stars out of 10 for a star wars series.

BrandonSM
07.28.2012 , 11:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJopeous View Post
I don't like the show.

It retconns all of Star Wars period. Its another TFU unleashed. Ashoka Tano is basically Starkiller: Two lightsabers, has more force powers and can beat her master Anakin. Basically its another medium to destory Vader's coolness further and make Anakin look like total wimp.

Show is dumb and boring for most episodes. They messed up bringing back Darth Maul and made a total wimp. They over powering Obi wan and making him the star. Give me a freaking break, Anakin was the chosen one and supposed to be the hero of the clone wars. Where is this hero we are supposed to see? All I see is Anakin being saved by Ashoka or Jar Jar Binks, big hero.

I am just glad Geroge Lucas is retiring and hopefully the writer of the prequels and clone wars retires as well. Bring back the original clone wars cartoons which were more serious.

How does she beat her master..?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aitix
07.29.2012 , 07:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJopeous View Post
I don't like the show.

First off, just because a Force-user uses the same lightsaber-style of another Force-user doesn't make him/her the same as that person or else a lot of the Jedi and Sith would be alike. What matters is that she has a personality distinct from him which makes her a different character. Also, it hasn't retconned all of Star Wars history. It hasn't even retconned the warrior Mandalorians we've all come to know. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing in the Clone Wars that says that there aren't Mandalorian mercs still about in the GFFA.

Also, Anakin was holding back when he was fighting with Ahsoka. You don't even explain why most of the episodes are "boring and dumb". Or explain how they messed up bring Maul back and making him a total wimp. How are they over-powering Obi-Wan? If you've watched the show, you'd know that he gets beaten up a lot in it. He even loses on his second duel with Darth Maul.

Also, the original micro-series was bad. The Jedi were WAAAYYY over-powered, some of the droids just stood there waiting to get sliced in half during the battle scenes, and characters like Asajj Ventress and Durge were introduced with nothing learned about them, not even their personalities. I'm not even sure why people like Durge. I'd say he's a good reason why people don't like the Yuuzhan Vong. Nick Jameson was Palpatine was just terrible. Plus, the micro-series didn't even feel like Star Wars. It felt more like "Samurai Jack in Space" or "Dragon Ball Z". On top of it, no plot variety.

On another note, guys, we aren't talking about why we hate the series. This is a thread for people that like it. If you want to, you can make a thread asking people what they hate about it.

Dootwa
07.29.2012 , 10:01 PM | #28
I hate the CW because not only did they give skywalker a padawan "when they stated in episode 3 they would not grant him the rank of MASTER" which padawans are reserved for jedi masters. Another reason is they screwed up the mandalorian culture which I was into greatly before the clone wars. All i can say is if this dave filoni starts screwing with the knights of the old republic time era i will personaly visit him myself. He already ruined the original movies for me and all related products of that era!

Chaac
07.29.2012 , 10:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dootwa View Post
I hate the CW because not only did they give skywalker a padawan "when they stated in episode 3 they would not grant him the rank of MASTER" which padawans are reserved for jedi masters. Another reason is they screwed up the mandalorian culture which I was into greatly before the clone wars. All i can say is if this dave filoni starts screwing with the knights of the old republic time era i will personaly visit him myself. He already ruined the original movies for me and all related products of that era!
Whilst I'm no big fan of the programme myself, you aren't required to be a master for a padawan. In fact you can't be a master until you've trained at least one padawan usually more, hence why Kenobi was able to take Skywalker as his padawan in episode 1.

We should keep this on topic though for reasons why we like the series. One of the things I do like is seeing more of the edi I like doing something other than sitting in a chair, such as Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon or Luminara ect
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

TheBentOne
07.30.2012 , 04:19 PM | #30
I dislike this show so much it is almost impossible to put into words, the show itself is decent, but its heartless trampling of canon is absolutely unforgiveable

-Ryloth
-Even Peill
-Hippie Mandalore
-Darth Maul
-Dengar
-the hounds tooth (Bossks Ship)
-Boba Fett (the destruction of Slave One, Jangos' Helmet, his whininess ect. also BOBA FETT STEPS DOWN WHEN CHILDREN ARE INVOLVED, THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF HIS CHARECTER!!!)
-The transformation of Grevious from: BA cyborg butcher with a terrific and tragic backstory to,: the dude that when we see him, is either A. Getting his butt kicked or B. retreating
-Ashokas existence

there are plenty more, but I think I'll stop there.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.