Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] PVE Scoundrel Healing

Thorriin
07.19.2012 , 01:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by numore View Post

PS: i have seen that you went for cunning augments instead of power augments. Can you explain?
Scoundrel's get 9% more cunning from Bedside Manner, which makes the cunning augments better than power ones.... not every class needs to use power augments...

numore
07.19.2012 , 02:01 PM | #12
thats why i was asking, cause ive read that Crit Chance from Cunning got a DR as Critical Rating, if that was the case, its worth going for power. Otherwise its better going for cunning augment.

Thorriin
07.19.2012 , 02:08 PM | #13
thats why i was asking, cause ive read that Crit Chance from Cunning got a DR as Critical Rating, if that was the case, its worth going for power. Otherwise its better going for cunning augment.
Yeah it's pretty much impossible with current gear for power to become better

Elbmuh
07.19.2012 , 02:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-d35637dc8d6d

This is my eventual goal thoughts? Also which do you prefer the 2 War Hero relics or 1 War Hero one Campaign and why?
A couple of notes on your build: good luck finding the armoring for the bracers and belt. You can use Advanced Skill Armoring 25 instead and they will still be better than the unslotted bracers. Thank you though, I have edited the example and have added Advanced Skill Armoring 25 to the armoring section.

Also, switch out the enhancement in your leggings for Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 26.

I prefer to have 1 Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages and 1 War Hero o Relic of Boundless Ages so that I have the on-use ability to replace an adrenal. Adrenals are pretty expensive, and I'm not a biochemist so I don't have a reusable one.

However, the math will show that the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages will give you more HPS than the Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages.
BAYANI from Jedi Covenant
Sawbones Scoundrel | PVE scoundrel healing guide

Elbmuh
07.19.2012 , 02:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorriin View Post
Why not get the Battlemaster piece (with the set bonus already in the piece) and have more stats from general PvE armorings.... Expertiese = USELESS in PvE content.... so why have it...

Oh and another thing.... Blaster whip costs 15 energy... 15 WASTED energy to gain an upper hand that you're probably going to use for EM, so why waste it....
You are correct. Even the Advanced Skill Armoring 22 will yield more Cunning than the War Hero Armoring. However, consider the War Hero Armoring because many people want to customize their looks in endgame. If that is the case, the War Hero armoring is superior for the bonus. I have updated the post with your suggestion. Thanks!

Blaster Whip costs energy but Emergency Medpac does not. I only suggest this if you have 0 or 1 stack of upper hand and your team mate's health is critical. I will clarify this in the post.

Elbmuh
07.19.2012 , 02:49 PM | #16
I have 1 question regarding critical diminishing return.
As I could understand from your post, cunning crit chance has a different DR than the critical rating? So do you recommend to go for the 350 critical rating anyway? if I am for example in 40% crit. or do u recommend to stay there and start topping power instead?

Thanks for helping me

PS: i have seen that you went for cunning augments instead of power augments. Can you explain?
Go for the 350 critical rating anyway. Even if you critical chance is already at 40%, you an still stack more critical rating up to 350 without being hit too hard with diminishing returns because the diminishing returns on cunning's critical bonus isn't combined with that of critical rating's.

numore
07.19.2012 , 02:52 PM | #17
Where do you get Advanced Skill Armoring 26 or 25 for belts and bracers?

Thanks!

PS: I didnt understand the answer to why not using battlemaster armoring instead of War hero. If you can explain it again please

Elbmuh
07.19.2012 , 02:55 PM | #18
Where do you get Advanced Skill Armoring 26 or 25 for belts and bracers?

Thanks!

PS: I didnt understand the answer to why not using battlemaster armoring instead of War hero. If you can explain it again please
Soa and Karagga, both in hard mode, will drop Advanced Skill Armoring 25. You can sometimes find these being sold in the GTN. I haven't seen Advanced Skill Armoring 26 yet, except for the piece-specific ones you remove from the Black Hole pieces.

Battlemaster armoring doesn't carry the set bonus, but war hero armoring does. You can either choose to use the battlemaster shell combined with Advanced Skill Armoring 25 to get the bonus, or use any shell combined with the War Hero armoring to get the bonus.

numore
07.19.2012 , 02:58 PM | #19
Oh thank you very much

Apocrypha
07.19.2012 , 04:17 PM | #20
Advanced Skill 26 drop off Kephess HM and can be RE'd if your willing to take the risk there's a couple people on the Shadowlands who put them on the GTN