Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] PVE Scoundrel Healing

Baynard
01.12.2014 , 12:54 AM | #121
I just wanted to bump this post.

It is the best guide on Scoundrel/Operative healing I have found to date and it is still very relevant.
ZippityzeebopRock-it'sauceMadong
Exit Area
The Shadowlands

Elbmuh
02.26.2014 , 05:08 PM | #122
WARNING: This guide is very outdated and I've learned a lot about healing since it was written. There have also been several changes with the inclusion of new relics and new boss mechanics. I suggest you read another guide, while some of this information is still useful, Classicks's guide is very good and some of the other guides in this forum.

chibiseira
02.27.2014 , 03:06 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Elbmuh View Post
WARNING: This guide is very outdated and I've learned a lot about healing since it was written. There have also been several changes with the inclusion of new relics and new boss mechanics. I suggest you read another guide, while some of this information is still useful, Classicks's guide is very good and some of the other guides in this forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=716417 is the one by Classicks. I use a little of both. I learned from this guide, but Classicks has good points as well (though I use UWM significantly less and run higher crit). Good to read over both guides and see what works for you.
<GAF> <Dark Eclipse>
Jasma'n 55 Combat Medic Etara 55 Sawbones
Snohe 55 Balance Sage Thr 55 Assault Vanguard

Kryndell 55 Bodyguard Mercenary Seiyra 55 Medicine Operative

Elbmuh
03.06.2014 , 10:44 AM | #124
I decided to update the guide. Surprise!
BAYANI from Jedi Covenant
Sawbones Scoundrel | PVE scoundrel healing guide

Malaka_Blue
03.06.2014 , 11:50 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
I just wanted to bump this post.

It is the best guide on Scoundrel/Operative healing I have found to date and it is still very relevant.
This. Proud to have this guy on our team.
Shadow Tank Extraordinaire | The Malakai Legacy | Jedi Covenant
"Team #Poundsign" - eXile | Warrior of No Name Guild
REGULATORS | Stuff JMD Says
My Twitch.tv Channel

Elbmuh
03.30.2014 , 07:56 PM | #126
Made a few changes to the guide including changing the wording on some things and adding notes from learning more as I go along. I also removed a lot of references to parsing because I have decided that parsing is a poor way of measuring healing ability.

Elbmuh
04.05.2014 , 01:57 PM | #127
Added some information where I used Inovisible's spreadsheet model to prove that 462 critical rating is ideal if you have 470 surge.

BolFerris
04.29.2014 , 05:47 PM | #128
As a new smuggler and first time healer, thanks man!

Baynard
05.03.2014 , 02:42 PM | #129
I wrote a little post about gearing in Dread master gear. thought you guys might want to take a look at it.

Operative healer Dread Master gearing
ZippityzeebopRock-it'sauceMadong
Exit Area
The Shadowlands

Orderken
06.20.2014 , 05:17 PM | #130
I've released a model for PVE Scoundrel healing (link in my signature). It confirms the recommendations of the OP regarding stats. For example, it shows that optimal Critical is 400+ for a typical PVE Scoundrel healer with high-end gear, and that having less is fine.

My model is more advanced than, and has two significant advantages over, Inovisible's.
  1. By personalizing the data on worksheet "Boss Fights", you can tailor stats for your healing. Not every Scoundrel has the same rotation, assignment, or co-healer.
  2. My model analyzes the effect of gear on your EHPS rather than on a single, fixed rotation's HPS. Since having 100% effectiveness is rare, and maintaining a single, fixed rotation is rare, my model is more practical and less academic.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five
Guides for Healing - Sorcerer / Sage
Models for PVE Healing - Sorcerer or Sage / Mercenary or Commando / Operative or Scoundrel