Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sin tank! Power or Willpower


Blades_of_Afro's Avatar


Blades_of_Afro
07.18.2012 , 06:05 AM | #1
Ok!! I am a sin tank and today i saw another tank, with less willpower than me but did more damage. I was hoping that someone could explain the difference between willpower and power and tell me which one is more important?


Also should i ditch the augment willpower/end and go with power/defense rating?


Thanks for ur help!!!

Rhaphael's Avatar


Rhaphael
07.18.2012 , 06:25 AM | #2
Willpower increases damage by 0.21 per point (with buff) + a little bit of crit chance
Power increases damage by 0.23 per point with no additional crit chance

For a dps Willpower is the most important. But you are not a dps.

As a tank your main goal is not to do damage, but to survive. The damage is taken care of by the rest of the team. Hence you should not be using power/willpower augments, but instead should use defense/shield/absorb augments (my own favorite is absorb).

Blades_of_Afro's Avatar


Blades_of_Afro
07.18.2012 , 06:28 AM | #3
thanks so i will go with augment power and defense rating since it give off more dam for attack power and power. since it more important than willpower. r did i mix what u said up.

Rhaphael's Avatar


Rhaphael
07.18.2012 , 06:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Blades_of_Afro View Post
thanks so i will go with augment power and defense rating since it give off more dam for attack power and power. since it more important than willpower. r did i mix what u said up.
Power seems as if it's more important, because it adds (slightly) more damage, however Willpower also adds to crit chance. Thereby Willpower is better until you reach around 10.000 Willpower or so which is currently unreachable.

But all that is for a dps wanting to maximize his damage, as a tank you should not be concerned about damage at all. Not even while soloing, because you can use Ashara or Andro to do damage for you.

Blades_of_Afro's Avatar


Blades_of_Afro
07.18.2012 , 06:40 AM | #5
i understand that. I am a pvper not a pve. Power effect my force more than anything and i can throw lighten like crazy. so if power effects my damage with a saber and force more than will power i think i will most def have to go with the power and defense rating!! i will take what u said in and will try both of them out. i enjoy being able to survive 2 on 2 for a while but i want to put out damage and survive!!

Bpotux's Avatar


Bpotux
07.18.2012 , 07:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blades_of_Afro View Post
Ok!! I am a sin tank and today i saw another tank, with less willpower than me but did more damage. I was hoping that someone could explain the difference between willpower and power and tell me which one is more important?


Also should i ditch the augment willpower/end and go with power/defense rating?


Thanks for ur help!!!
I want to get something out way before I answered your question, did you spec darkness to dps or to actually tank?

If your answer is to dps, then you're not a tank, just a Darkness specced dps, in which case you should prioritize Power / Surge on mods and enhancements (lower will, higher power ones) and augment for Will - 18wp/12 end. In the end you want to end up with 1100+ exp, 550+ bonus damage, 75% Crit multiplier and 20-25% Crit.

If you specced darkness to tank, then stack expertise and endurance followed by defense and absorb. Aug for Absorb or Def + power.

Blades_of_Afro's Avatar


Blades_of_Afro
07.18.2012 , 07:14 AM | #7
i am fully tanked darkness with all the tank gear. i have 1252 exp 25 crit with 59 chance to land a critcal. i have 1894 end and 1314 willpower. i have no surge or any dps booast on me!


i just think that power would increase my damage alot more than willpower since my damage really comes from shock and ligthen, then i can do those skills back to back with no problem. am i wrong bout wanting to up my power so i can do that? then along with power augment i get the defensive rating up by 14. is defensive rating good?

Bpotux's Avatar


Bpotux
07.18.2012 , 07:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Blades_of_Afro View Post
i am fully tanked darkness with all the tank gear. i have 1252 exp 25 crit with 59 chance to land a critcal. i have 1894 end and 1314 willpower. i have no surge or any dps booast on me!


i just think that power would increase my damage alot more than willpower since my damage really comes from shock and ligthen, then i can do those skills back to back with no problem. am i wrong bout wanting to up my power so i can do that? then along with power augment i get the defensive rating up by 14. is defensive rating good?

Many will argue, but IMHO any Sin tank in pure tank gear is selling himself short. You would find that you aren't sacrificing much in terms of survivability & utility by going full DPS gear optimized for Power / Surge, in fact you'll actually start contributing to damage done in games and not just being 1/2 a wasted spot.

Maraxuss's Avatar


Maraxuss
07.18.2012 , 09:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bpotux View Post
Many will argue, but IMHO any Sin tank in pure tank gear is selling himself short. You would find that you aren't sacrificing much in terms of survivability & utility by going full DPS gear optimized for Power / Surge, in fact you'll actually start contributing to damage done in games and not just being 1/2 a wasted spot.
SO....what exactly do you say the role of a full 31 specced tank, in full tank gear is in PvP exactly?????
I Find Your Lack Of Win Disturbing...May The Fail Be With You...

Bpotux's Avatar


Bpotux
07.18.2012 , 03:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Maraxuss View Post
SO....what exactly do you say the role of a full 31 specced tank, in full tank gear is in PvP exactly?????
Follow healers around and be an annoyance to enemy team and soak the damage while having completely neutered damage output, all while surviving 1-3 seconds longer then the same Sin tank in dps gear that is top 3 damage evey game.