Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Faction Imbalance!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Faction Imbalance!

Feycat
12.13.2011 , 03:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorgouge View Post
My question is, where can we go to see the numbers regarding server faction ratios? I'm talking relatively accurate numbers, not people guessing.
Go to the guild pages and click on a server. It will show all the guilds that are pre-registered to those servers, and yes, it shows a fairly massive imbalance.
FEYCAT
Officer of Alliance Strike Team
"I've got your back."

barkzor
12.13.2011 , 03:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarfy View Post
2:1 ... I Like my odds. It just means Republic players will be that much better in 1:1

Better bring your zerg!
word! Jedi Consular everyday, anyday of the week

jayderyu
12.13.2011 , 03:23 PM | #23
Internet forumers will have a leaning towards the Dark Side. Where as I'm pretty sure that we will see that the non-preorders will lean towards teh light side. Most gamers are inherently good guys.

However unlike WoW I'm pretty sure we won't see the massive server Alliance to Horde split. Personally I think that was mostly to do with that most Horde Races look ugly to the general perspective.

Muglor
12.13.2011 , 03:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentFalcon View Post
In WoW... alliance almost always grosly outnumber horde on servers... yet hordes mostly pwn alliance easily. Not that I think that will be the case here, but that aside.

For most pvp it will just mean that you'll have longer queue's as empire. So not neccesarilly an imbalance.

In my experience, the Horde outnumber the Alliance. And the only reason why Horde beats down Alliance is due to Blizz's love for that faction: Giving all the best pvp race traits to the Horde; humans get perception and the orcs get rage???? Are you kidding me? Who doesn't see the imbalance there?

Gigginfierce
12.13.2011 , 03:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Muglor View Post
In my experience, the Horde outnumber the Alliance. And the only reason why Horde beats down Alliance is due to Blizz's love for that faction: Giving all the best pvp race traits to the Horde; humans get perception and the orcs get rage???? Are you kidding me? Who doesn't see the imbalance there?
You are a little behind the times it seems... PvP racials are still in favor of the horde, but not near the wild disparity seen during BC/WotLK these days.

In relation to the OP, I personally am re-rolling with the friends I am playing with on veela due to the massive rep:imp imballance (which seems to just be an outlier in the mix of things). I was tunneled into playing alliance for my time in WoW off and on since release (due to friends, and their decisions), and I've made it clear to them we are playing empire this time around. The fact that they can allign themselves however they want to regardless of faction helped smooth things out on that end!

Trooperzero
12.13.2011 , 03:39 PM | #26
what a dumb post. try back in 4 weeks. good lord.

Redru
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #27
No empire player can ever complain about this. You chose empire knowing this would happen. Yet you hope 'others' would instead switch but you.

Think about it...
I have no worries about anyone picking my surname. None at all. Why? Because it's not going to be Legolas.

Gigginfierce
12.13.2011 , 03:54 PM | #28
It was best stated in another thread, wait until christmas hits and the republic numbers will jump ahead. This is early release... you can be certain this game will see far more box sales past its pre order/early release phase. Also, Mythic is taking a active hand in the development of this game and implementation of their ideas with BW leading the charge.

If none of you played WAR you may not be able to relate or understand, WAR was killed moments after it was released/servers opened:

Sure, some may argue their move away from world PvP/RvR lakes, and focus on scenarios killed the game. However, this is incorrect, the fact that they released 50 some odd servers, and could only actually fill about 30-40% of them completely was where the problems arose. Servers outright died and turned into ghost towns a week after release... PvP imballances were rampant and the game pretty much turned into a ****pile at that point. Like I said, with mythic around in the background I would be very shocked to see BW foul up and not put some type of server ballancing into effect before it became far too late.

Have faith, the game hasn't even officially been released yet to the masses...

Zolaz
12.13.2011 , 04:06 PM | #29
If you think you are a real pvper and rolled Empire you are deluding yourself. Knowing that you had at least a 2 to 1 advantage and you still went Sith? What you are is a roleplayer and wanted the storyline and the red light saber.

evevale
12.13.2011 , 04:14 PM | #30
People want to be Darth Vader, they will roll Empire, they will be the grossly overpopulated faction for along time.

Move along now.