Combust ?

timewyrm

if you're gonna put points into charged gauntlets, you might as well put points into Hamstring, its the best part about Retractable Blade.

Combust (Seeing as it's only 5%) Isn't that great in PvP, but really in long PvE fights does it really matter. Small PvP battles make it rather irrelevant.

Take intimidation. Your Flame Burst will have a 20% bonus over the other's (5% HEC + 3% Prototype Cylinders, +6% Intimidation, +6% Hot Iron). It really makes a difference!

Thanks for your reply.

Lol, it sounds as if you're not a big fan of Charged Gauntlets, any reason ?

I guess I'll have to take a point out of Steely Resolve and put it into Hamstring, although I'd prefer not to lose any points from SR.

Hamstring is kinda pointless. It's only 6 seconds, but RB lasts 15 sec, and it's not like you want to spam it.

GC can be awesome but can not be. In your spec you're only using RS once per 15 seconds so it should always crit, just once per 15 seconds. I'm meh about that.

You know, I've just tried the skill calculator on Mr Robot, and alot of things make sense now, lol.

I didn't understand why Hamstring had been suggested, because according to Darth Hater's skill calculator, it only did damge for 1 second. Also according to Darth Hater, Hydrolic Overides only gave 1 second of immunity, and RB 1 second of internal damage :rolleyes:

@dardack: so your suggestion would be to take the 2 points from CG and Hamstring and put them into SR (8/31/2) ?

Edited by timewyrm

You know, I've just tried the skill calculator on Mr Robot, and alot of things make sense now, lol.

I didn't understand why Hamstring had been suggested, because according to Darth Hater's skill calculator, it only did damge for 1 second. Also according to Darth Hater, Hydrolic Overides only gave 1 second of immunity, and RB 1 second of internal damage :rolleyes:

@dardack: so your suggestion would be to take the 2 points from CG and Hamstring and put them into SR (8/31/2) ?

Well you can't if you want Max Damage. OK the question is, do you want max damage or NORSe build or what? Did you look at the sticky about AP in this forum? If you don't run in HEGC you pick up the CG/Hamstring by default, and the tibetan candle, I would take the 2 points out of shield tree and put into the slow on CGC proc, but that's me.

If you want max damage taht's how you run CGC, but if you want good heat management with more DPS then you go AP with the ST in HEGC, and if you want more Aoe/Survival/no heat issues you go NORSE.

I've run em all for a week-2 each. I've run full pyro. Iron fist, parakeet (before it was nerfed), ap/pyro hybrid. I run about 10-30 games a day when I'm on.

Pyro is awesome but boring. AP is awesome but seems to shine more in HB and it's burst is lower then full pyro, also if you want to maximize it's potential you have to run in CGC and the heat management part of that is insane, in PvP i didn't like it. NORSE is very fun in PvP, but it's burst is even lower (not by much) then Max DPS AP.

Personally right now I'm loving the AP/Pyro hybrid. Free RS's, Free RP's, spam FB, heat management with PPA and free RP's, still get PFT and it's huge unload in AOE situations. HO Shines like a mofo in HB. I just single handed won a HB this morning. Scoring all 3, and preventing them from scoring 4 times with Pulls into fire. Shorter CD on Grapple is good. It also shines in AOE, be on a healer, get your 5 stacks find a group of 2+ run there, pull healer, pop HO, PFT, sometimes carbonie before hand. Seeing ticks of 1.2-2.5 per is awesome and you really put preasure on the healer to decide who he/she is going to keep from dieing.

But that's just me. Play what you love, even if you gimp yourself by going PT Tank (weakest tank in PvP, but very strong in PVE). So if you love full AP look at the sticky uptop and go from there.