Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game hangs at Splash screen with rotating icon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game hangs at Splash screen with rotating icon
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lex_Icon
07.17.2012 , 02:20 PM | #1
My game has just patched itself to 1.3.3 but now I can't get past the splash screen.
http://www.ultimaaiera.com/wp-conten...sular_0001.jpg

Here is a copy of my latest launcher log:
http://pastebin.com/k2PVyHNs
I tried to put it in this post but it said my post was over 50000 chars or something. So I had to put it in pastebin. Is this normal?

A copy of my client_settings.ini:
Spoiler

I have tried the repair option from within the launcher.
I have tried running the fixlauncher program.
I have tried downloading from http://www.swtor.com/download.

Still, I cannot get past the splash screen.
I have seen in other threads that I should try deleting my Patch folder, but I cannot find it anywhere.
My installation is not on my OS hard drive as I have a 128GB SSD and it would take up too much room.

ZandrenVexx
07.17.2012 , 03:01 PM | #2
Yeah...I'm getting the same thing, with just a bit of difference...I can hit the spacebar (or any key really) and it forces the game to switch to the server selection page...BUT THERE ARE NO SERVERS!!! AGHHHH!

C'mon guys...what's the deal...every patch brings a new round of problems, and all your answers are to point at us and say we need to check OUR side??? I was fine yesterday. Patch today, and now I can't even play. If it was the first...or even second time this has happened, I might not be as frustrated...but this is turning into an "every patch day" thing.

Lex_Icon
07.18.2012 , 09:10 AM | #3
I have been asked via email to do 'CTRL+U+U twice to reset the UI.'.
They do not say where to do it though.

Ratae
07.18.2012 , 09:31 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
@Lex_Icon,

The suggestion to reset the UI applies to when your display is showing the splash screen.

Let us know if you are still unable to run the game properly.

@ZandrenVexx,

Please ensure that you have added firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe. Also please check that the required ports have been opened on your router. Also restarting your router and computer might help.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lex_Icon
07.18.2012 , 09:39 AM | #5
@Ratae, @Tirvaak,
Do you have the ability to look at Game Ticket# 5952991?
I sent a reply to it, could you reply to it at all?

Tirvaak
07.18.2012 , 09:54 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lex_Icon View Post
@Ratae, @Tirvaak,
Do you have the ability to look at Game Ticket# 5952991?
I sent a reply to it, could you reply to it at all?
Hi Lex_Icon,

It would be possible for me to forward on your ticket number to the relevant department but you would still need to wait for a reply from one of our in-game agents. If, like you said, you have replied to an open ticket then you should receive a response shortly.

While you are waiting on this, I would ask you to try the steps that Ratae and I have outlined in order to try and help with your issue.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Lex_Icon
07.18.2012 , 10:00 AM | #7
It's not possible for me to try them just yet, for reasons explained in my ticket.
I just need someone to look at my ticket and make a decision on what I wrote

Rettkar
07.18.2012 , 10:38 AM | #8
I have the same issue as the OP. Everything seemed to work right after Tuesday's patch, but something this morning seems to have messed things up.

I've tried the repair options, installed all the windows updates, the latest video card drivers, temporarily disabled Avast, and modified the launcher.ini to include the "RefreshRate = 60" line and changed the FullScreen mode to false. The game is not installed on the same drive as the OS is, so I couldn't find the patcher files to delete either, but since the patcher finishes exectution, and the fact that I was able to play last night, I expect this is not the problem.

Looking through the launcher log files shows that the launcher seems to have executed just fine, with the closing lines:

Spoiler

It's the Client logs (located in: .\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs) that are cutting short. This morning's client logs only show the first line of user login, and it never seems to get to the server connection stage of:

Spoiler

Ratae
07.18.2012 , 11:49 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Rettkar,

It might be worthwhile trying the following troubleshooting steps:
  • Make sure that your anti-virus software and firewall are not blocking the launcher by removing and then re-adding swtor.exe and launcher.exe as exceptions to both.
  • Please ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings. See this link:
    http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2015
  • Start both the launcher and the game in Windows XP compatibility mode Service Pack 2 for Vista and Service Pack 3 for Windows 7 Users.
Please let us know how you get on.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Rettkar
07.18.2012 , 02:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae View Post
Hello Rettkar,

It might be worthwhile trying the following troubleshooting steps:
  • Make sure that your anti-virus software and firewall are not blocking the launcher by removing and then re-adding swtor.exe and launcher.exe as exceptions to both.
  • Please ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings. See this link:
    http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2015
  • Start both the launcher and the game in Windows XP compatibility mode Service Pack 2 for Vista and Service Pack 3 for Windows 7 Users.
Please let us know how you get on.
Thank you for your response, unfortunately, none of the steps have helped, as I'm still getting the infinately spinning mouse cursor on the splash screen.

I have:
  • Added the whole SWTOR directory to Avast's File System Shield's exclusion list
  • Added the launcher.exe and swtor.exe to Avast's Behavior Shield's exclusion list
  • Removed and re-added launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the Windows Firewall exception list
  • Put my machine in DMZ to ensure every port was open
  • Changed the compatibility modes for both launcher.exe, and swtor.exe to Service Pack 3 compatibiilty (Windows 7 user)