Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HK-51 Needs Customization(s), especially...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Needs Customization(s), especially...

shark_megabyte's Avatar


shark_megabyte
07.16.2012 , 11:38 PM | #1
The video showing HK-51 left me pretty disappointed and underwhelmed. He (especially his head) looks so... dull. He's going to need some customizations to make him more interesting and dangerous-looking.

I, for one, was really hoping he'd look more like IK-4C from the Republic's Nar Shaddaa bonus series. That is an appropriately mean-looking type of droid! And the scripting and voice acting for him was great, too. Can we get an HK customization that makes him look more IK-ish, please?!
Master Gallifreia, 50 Shadow - Rubat Crystal->Ebon Hawk
SWTOR needs: Adjustable armor colors (player choice, not hue to x piece), Increased Social Support (sit-able public chairs/couches, pazaak) Unlimited ignore list size by F2P start date

enigmayshi's Avatar


enigmayshi
07.17.2012 , 12:20 AM | #2
To alter HKs appearance in such a manner is to defy the essence of what the HK line of droids is all about and would be committing heresy upon all in the world. Meatbags everywhere would be slain in a righteous fire until no more were left and then the HKs would no longer have a use for the term Meatbag, and something truly profound would be lost.

kjkdollarbanny's Avatar


kjkdollarbanny
07.17.2012 , 12:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by shark_megabyte View Post
The video showing HK-51 left me pretty disappointed and underwhelmed. He (especially his head) looks so... dull. He's going to need some customizations to make him more interesting and dangerous-looking.

I, for one, was really hoping he'd look more like IK-4C from the Republic's Nar Shaddaa bonus series. That is an appropriately mean-looking type of droid! And the scripting and voice acting for him was great, too. Can we get an HK customization that makes him look more IK-ish, please?!
give him a huge shoulders may be.

Zehf's Avatar


Zehf
07.17.2012 , 12:56 AM | #4
This thread is blasphemy...did you never play the kotor series?!?!
Skill > Gear. Wardrobe competitions belong in Project Runway.

Take Notes Bioware

timmyw's Avatar


timmyw
07.17.2012 , 04:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zehf View Post
This thread is blasphemy...did you never play the kotor series?!?!
This. He's perfect just the way he is.

HeVans_'s Avatar


HeVans_
07.17.2012 , 04:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zehf View Post
This thread is blasphemy...did you never play the kotor series?!?!
+1 qft
Raytard - 50 Mercenary
Behindju - 50 Operative

The Nightmare Lands
What's the difference between a duck?

Emned's Avatar


Emned
07.17.2012 , 04:56 AM | #7
Good God in heaven, Newbie, there are just so very many ways for me to say this to you: Never; not in a million years; absolutely not; no way, Jose; no chance, Lance; niet; negatory; mm-mm; nuh-uh; oh-oh; and of course my own personal favorite of all time, man falling off of a cliff - "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo!..."




"Pfff..." - Dr Cox.

If they are going to add customizations it will be like a new layer of paint on the model itself but no way they will change the model...that misses the entire point of having HK-51 in the first place.

Uthyr's Avatar


Uthyr
07.17.2012 , 05:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Emned View Post
If they are going to add customizations it will be like a new layer of paint on the model itself but no way they will change the model...that misses the entire point of having HK-51 in the first place.
This ^^
Explosio , Sorcerer | Exsequor , Operative
Ferox , Marauder | Glorior , PowerTech
Curatio , Commando | Nitor , Shadow | Accersitus , Guardian

lironBD's Avatar


lironBD
07.17.2012 , 05:44 AM | #9
Blasphemy!

you will dare to change the epicness which is called HK droid? shame on you.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Marak's Avatar


Marak
07.17.2012 , 05:55 AM | #10
HKs must look like HKs.

I can see some recoloring options, but that's about it.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder