Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armoring Restrictions - Discriminating Droids?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Armoring Restrictions - Discriminating Droids?

Aelther
07.16.2012 , 10:54 PM | #1
This thread is old and outdated, pls just let it die and don't necro it. Here's an updated one: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628671

here's the original post if you Really wanna read it:
Spoiler

zappuslol
07.31.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
This thread raises a VERY important issue!

SHOW SUPPORT FOR DROIDS!!

p.s. Might have sounded sarcastic, but this matter is no joke. As HK will be my favorite companion, I hope bioware fixes this issue.
Everything that has a beginning, has an end.

thegreebler
11.20.2012 , 06:43 PM | #3
And.... 3 months later... and nothing.

Furthoremore nothing sounding to be in the works!
For everything we do, we are greebling.
For everything that is, that is the grobble.
Everything not at peace, is ungreebly.
When there is no greebling, that is the true grobble.

Aelther
12.03.2012 , 04:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by thegreebler View Post
And.... 3 months later... and nothing.

Furthoremore nothing sounding to be in the works!
Well to be fair they added 2 non-modifiable sets for droids: Tanking and DPS (first ever DPS set for droids). Both of them are mod level 65 (if they had mods) a.k.a 'Tier 6', so they are better than dread guard. Still not as good as adaptive armorings for droids like I suggested, but better than nothing I guess...

Wolfmane
12.03.2012 , 07:17 AM | #5
I strongly agree with the raised proposal. It would be way better to not to have to wait for special droid armor sets and be able to gear droids as easily as the humanoid companions pool.

Say NO to droid discrimination, the chiggers of the galaxy.
For the Republic!

MoobooMagoo
12.03.2012 , 08:43 AM | #6
I agree. Adding end game gear sets is a nice start, but it would be so much easier to just make droid gear compatible with mods.

I think the problem is that droids have two core, two parts, and two motor gear slots instead of all different.

The best way to change this is to change the gear slots to primary / secondary core / parts / motors (or some other distinction). That way you could easily have parallel gear slots (primary core - chest, secondary motor - boots, etc.)
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Whailor
02.14.2013 , 05:19 AM | #7
I agree, this is a stupid issue. I have some old operations armors I don't use but I could upgrade my droids on all of my chars, IF these dang armorings could be fitted. Yet another example of BW's "skilled coding"...
Been there, done that.

Chaosick
04.11.2013 , 01:49 PM | #8
i hate meatbags myself and would like to make R8 superior to ghoulboy, even without the weapon ive been able to boost R8 significantly, yeah mando and assassin set are nice, but i want a healing droid set!

i love that frail piece of scrap metal, and also, a pink custom for R8 would be more suitable to his non-combatant state

Rocketmanballs
04.11.2013 , 01:59 PM | #9
Yeah stop the discrimination!

BadOrb
04.11.2013 , 02:21 PM | #10
I was going to give M1-FX my old tionese armoring mods ( 2 of them ) and give 2 makeb armoring mods to my commando , so after taking them out and replacing them in my gloves and boots on my commando. I then couldn't place those 2 armoring mods into m1-fx and also couldn't even place in the 2 makeb armoring mods as I had placed them into the 2 empty slots on my commando. All 4 mods are now bound 2 to gloves and 2 to feet.

Please reconsider this.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12