Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HK-51 Revealed

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
07.21.2012 , 12:01 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by faramirpss View Post
really? where would this ship be on hoth? casue they said it would be on Belsavis....
Fatality crash site, it is one of the zones at the northern most part of the third zone on Hoth(the one with the Ice Fortress in the middle). It is surrounded by White Maw pirates, and there is one instance near the center of the crash site which can not be entered. Additionally if you get close enough to the crash site(or at least the unenterable phase) you get a codex entry for the Fatality crash site which mentions that after the Republic and Imperials chased the White Maw Pirates out of the Fatality crash they discovered that the previously unknown cargo was a bunch of HK-51s.

In the original text dump there was a two quest chain on Hoth relating to the Fatality which resulted in recruiting HK-51. The first quest for each side requiring you to fight White Maw Pirates to get the ship's manifest and the second was to get the parts necessary to produce a spike to alter the HK-51's loyalty programing so that it would serve you. I persoanlly expect both of these quests to still be present as part of the recruitment process for him, with an additional step requiring you complete some quest in a new daily area on Belsavis(where there likely is a vault of HK-51s serving the Dread Masters). We'll just have to wait and see though.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Eraan's Avatar


Eraan
07.21.2012 , 01:09 PM | #252
****... I only have republic characters. I guess that I have to make imperial character then.

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
07.21.2012 , 01:20 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
These are HK-51 units. If you played Kotor II you'd remember that only HK-47 said "Meatbag." HK-51's say "Organics;" in Kotor II HK-47 even talks about the differences between his model and the 51's.
Mockery: If you played KotOR 2 you would know that you never encounter HK-51s. You only encounter HK-50s who are intent on killing everything.

Statement: I (HK-47) went to the HK factory on Telos IV, and uploaded my programming into the computer allowing the HK-51s to work properly. Therefore the "meatbag" phrase is part of their programming.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
07.21.2012 , 05:13 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Mockery: If you played KotOR 2 you would know that you never encounter HK-51s. You only encounter HK-50s who are intent on killing everything.

Statement: I (HK-47) went to the HK factory on Telos IV, and uploaded my programming into the computer allowing the HK-51s to work properly. Therefore the "meatbag" phrase is part of their programming.
*sigh* I realize that you are dedicated to your roleplaying, but could you stop spreading false information on this subject. It is getting old. As I said, all of HK-51's lines were datamined from the game months ago. In none of the files dedicated to his conversations does he use the term meatbag. Through ctrl+f, I have counted that he uses the term organic 11 times in Republic companion conversation, 10 times in Imperial companion conversations, 5 times in his Imperial recruitment(although oddly zero times for Republic recruitment), and twice in his battle cries.

And for good measure here are some random quotes from his dialogue files:

Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
07.21.2012 , 05:49 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
*sigh* I realize that you are dedicated to your roleplaying, but could you stop spreading false information on this subject. It is getting old. As I said, all of HK-51's lines were datamined from the game months ago. In none of the files dedicated to his conversations does he use the term meatbag. Through ctrl+f, I have counted that he uses the term organic 11 times in Republic companion conversation, 10 times in Imperial companion conversations, 5 times in his Imperial recruitment(although oddly zero times for Republic recruitment), and twice in his battle cries.

And for good measure here are some random quotes from his dialogue files:

Spoiler
Irritated Statement: I don't know where you're getting these lines from seeing as how there are no actual lines from HK-51 in any media except for this video and in the KotOR2 files, so I will simply insist that you are wrong.

Statement: My information comes from KotOR2 (the full version) itself and Wookieepedia. In the files of KotOR 2 the HK-50s were trying to construct the next generation of HK units (HK-51). However they failed in doing so because the HK-51s were prone to destroying all 50s. This was because they themselves lacked the restraint of not killing the master. Which besides killing themselves is a no no. The only way to fix this was for HK-47 to upload his programming into the factory computer. Then he activated it, took some of the new 51s to Malachor V to "deal" with G0-T0 so that G0-T0 wouldn't interfere with HK production and make any alterations. And please keep in mind, the HK-50 units were extremely biased.

Statement: You can find all of this in the KotOR2 files.

Conclusion: Therefore it's the only thing that makes sense. And because of his distaste for their lack of saying "meatbag" and the addition of the sinister looping hiss the background of their speech and the fact that the HK-51 in this video has (at this point) the hiss in his speech (which the HK-50s lacked) makes this even more relevant and correct.

Addendum: I (HK-47) also said "organic meatbags" on many occasions in KotOR1.

Unnecessary Addendum: It is also good to remember that anything data mined is highly privy to change in a developing game.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

Arlbo_Nabbins's Avatar


Arlbo_Nabbins
07.21.2012 , 06:39 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Irritated Statement: I don't know where you're getting these lines from seeing as how there are no actual lines from HK-51 in any media except for this video and in the KotOR2 files, so I will simply insist that you are wrong.
The lines were discovered in the SWTOR datafiles months ago, that's why we knew that HK-51 was a companion we might get in game although it was not available at the time.

He is right.

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
07.21.2012 , 07:10 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
The lines were discovered in the SWTOR datafiles months ago, that's why we knew that HK-51 was a companion we might get in game although it was not available at the time.

He is right.
Statement: Yes. I picked up on that. That is why I said:

Recitation: It is also good to remember that anything data mined is highly susceptible to change in a developing game. Especially when found months ago.

Clarification: By saying that the meatbag was wrong was in reference to my telling lies and that HK-51 has no possibility of saying "meatbag".
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
07.21.2012 , 07:39 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Statement: Yes. I picked up on that. That is why I said:

Recitation: It is also good to remember that anything data mined is highly susceptible to change in a developing game. Especially when found months ago.

Clarification: By saying that the meatbag was wrong was in reference to my telling lies and that HK-51 has no possibility of saying "meatbag".
There were some changes to the HK-51 recruitment missions between the two datamines that have been performed on HK-51. Mostly there was the addition of some ties to the Dread Masters. However HK-51's lines were identical from what I recall(sadly I no longer have access to the second datamine as it has been taken down and I didn't save a copy). Everything from that datarip appears to be coming in the next patch from the op to the Belsavis daily area to HK-51.

While info obtained from datarips might be subject to change, ther is no indication that there has been any change in the 6 months+ since the initial datarip to HK-51(and I will point out that his lines were already recorded). And there certainly is no evidence to suggest that it was changed to make meatbag lovers happy.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
07.21.2012 , 08:16 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
There were some changes to the HK-51 recruitment missions between the two datamines that have been performed on HK-51. Mostly there was the addition of some ties to the Dread Masters. However HK-51's lines were identical from what I recall(sadly I no longer have access to the second datamine as it has been taken down and I didn't save a copy). Everything from that datarip appears to be coming in the next patch from the op to the Belsavis daily area to HK-51.

While info obtained from datarips might be subject to change, ther is no indication that there has been any change in the 6 months+ since the initial datarip to HK-51(and I will point out that his lines were already recorded). And there certainly is no evidence to suggest that it was changed to make meatbag lovers happy.
Agreement: This is true. However it also does not discount that all the requests for such has made them change it either. Since there is no set date for releasing HK-51 they have time to change it.

Statement: I never trust data rips or leaked information as final fact until official word is made.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

KillerPlague's Avatar


KillerPlague
07.21.2012 , 08:33 PM | #260
NYAAA!!! EPIC!