Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Revealed

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AceKillsome
07.18.2012 , 08:34 AM | #201
Wait, so I have to have 2 characters (1 being a 50 and 1 being a 25) damn it! I haven't been playing as much as I thought due to school at first and work now. You can't just go on this mission at any level with a single character?

danpen
07.18.2012 , 09:01 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by AceKillsome View Post
Wait, so I have to have 2 characters (1 being a 50 and 1 being a 25) damn it! I haven't been playing as much as I thought due to school at first and work now. You can't just go on this mission at any level with a single character?
Why are you not able to do that then mate.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

LordRichardEW
07.18.2012 , 09:08 AM | #203
Ive been thinking about something what if the reason you need imp alt and a rep alt is because of the fp what have HK 47 in them. What if BW adds something to the lot drop for those fights that is need for the HK-51, like say memory cores or assassination subroutines. Mean that you comp is really hk-47 in an hk-51 body.... think about it reps fight him at level 50 and imps mid levels.

EcrirTwyLar
07.18.2012 , 12:33 PM | #204
First I'd like to say that this was a pretty cool cinematic. However, I just don't get the draw of HK-51. Yes, I've played KOTOR... But he was probably my least favorite companion. But, I guess if THAT many people really liked him, there is nothing wrong with bringing him into this game.

Ranadiel_Marius
07.18.2012 , 01:01 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRichardEW View Post
Ive been thinking about something what if the reason you need imp alt and a rep alt is because of the fp what have HK 47 in them. What if BW adds something to the lot drop for those fights that is need for the HK-51, like say memory cores or assassination subroutines. Mean that you comp is really hk-47 in an hk-51 body.... think about it reps fight him at level 50 and imps mid levels.
HK-51 is not HK-47. I really wonder how many times I have said that at this point. >.>

Ignoring that fact, the idea doesn't work because from what we know right now as the current info points to you being able to get HK-51 with a mid level Republic character and a level 50 Imperial. Since Pubs can't fight HK-47 at mid levels, the idea sort of falls apart.

Based off of what info I can still gather in game and from data rips, the most likely reasoning for the breakdown is that there will be a step to getting HK-51 that will require completing a quest in a new daily area(aka level 50) on Belsavis that should be in the next content patch and then you'll likely have to complete a quest for both factions on Hoth at the Fatality(the part that requires a ahcracter from the opposite faction) to actually get HK-51.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

JediMasterRevan
07.18.2012 , 01:02 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
Apparently, you need at least two characters - one on the Republic, one on the Empire. One of the two must be max level, the other relatively high in level. Acquiring the companion involves the Legacy system somehow.
Don't think so.
(}H|||||H(|[ █████████████████████████████████████) When Darkness Falls...We Are Reborn Fix Green sabers!!!

lafr
07.18.2012 , 01:11 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterRevan View Post
Don't think so.
That was what we know so far:

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012#a

irishfino
07.18.2012 , 01:11 PM | #208
Don't think so.
They've said as much in news releases about HK-51. Someone has reposted the exact conversation in this very thread.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

JediMasterRevan
07.18.2012 , 01:51 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by lafr View Post
That was what we know so far:

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012#a
Well that's another failure to keep the community happy. There's a huge amount of ppl and myself included who will NEVER make a Sith or even ppl that just want to stick with 1 character that shouldn't be "forced" into making something they don't want in order to get a new companion.
(}H|||||H(|[ █████████████████████████████████████) When Darkness Falls...We Are Reborn Fix Green sabers!!!

Lionflash
07.18.2012 , 02:03 PM | #210
Well that's another failure to keep the community happy. There's a huge amount of ppl and myself included who will NEVER make a Sith or even ppl that just want to stick with 1 character that shouldn't be "forced" into making something they don't want in order to get a new companion.
The type of people you're describing have done that to themselves already...

If someone only plays 1 faction or worse...1 character they are misssing out between 20 and 35 companions.

HK-51 is (1) ONE additional companion, and there are 40 in the game. Why is everyone freaking out about it? No one is forcing you to play a 'Sith', but hey... you aren't complaining "I want to have Vette as a companion! But I don't want to make a SW! Why is BW 'forcing me to play something in order to get this companion!"

What's the difference?