Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Select Environment? Why?

Blackavaar
07.16.2012 , 01:20 PM | #1
What is with this new extra step added in the launcher? There is only one thing to choose, so why make us click it to go to the next page? Are you planning on merging this game with other EA games or something? Is this the beginning of what will become some kind of F2P model? Give us some info BioWare. Unless you have plans for this Select Environment page, please remove it. It's just annoying. And if you do have plans, let us know what they are, please.

Thank you.
Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

DPCummerbund
07.16.2012 , 01:23 PM | #2
It must have a reason, or they wouldn't have added it. So, they're certainly planning on other services. Or, alternately, if you subscribe to other BW services, you may already see them there.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Alavastre
07.16.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3
When I first saw it, it had two options. The Test Server and the normal game. After that first time however, it's only the swtor environment.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

ReverendAnderson
07.16.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4
Apparently its a bug. There's a super *****y thread about it already. Reading that you'd think clicking an extra time was the worst thing in the world.
I imagine its something Bioware uses that players aren't supposed to see. They know about it, so it'll get fixed ... soon.
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

mavsynchroid
07.16.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
Didn't bother reading the whole thread so sorry if it's been said already, but maybe it's for a seperate environment for those who are playing free to play up to lvl 15?

Ipea
07.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #6
I know its only 1 extra click to log in but yes this is pretty annoying

DrElementary
07.16.2012 , 01:39 PM | #7
It's just a bug.
If you're on the test server that's where you'd pick test or live.

Or maybe it's a massive conspiracy to cover up nefarious and evil intentions that are bubbling beneath the surface and have been planned from the start to disenfranchise and debase the player base because *FillInTheBlank*

But, yeah, it's just a bug.

jarjarloves
07.16.2012 , 01:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
What is with this new extra step added in the launcher? There is only one thing to choose, so why make us click it to go to the next page? Are you planning on merging this game with other EA games or something? Is this the beginning of what will become some kind of F2P model? Give us some info BioWare. Unless you have plans for this Select Environment page, please remove it. It's just annoying. And if you do have plans, let us know what they are, please.

Thank you.
How did you jump to that conclusion. Name one F2P mmo that does that.

Also it's a bug if you looked you would have seen the thread on it already.

E-Zekiel
07.16.2012 , 01:48 PM | #9
I don't understand why this is so hard to figure out. To me this suggests that there is another MMO in the works by EA that will use a consolidated launcher, and that will be the step in which you pick which one you want to play.

Gokkus
07.16.2012 , 01:50 PM | #10
Yeah no, Im gonna go with bug.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!