Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Lost Island HM in Columi?

oredith
07.17.2012 , 11:21 AM | #11
doable, but expect to get booted by the other 3 people once they see your gear, especially if you're sporting BM gear.

it is doable if you have a good healer and 2 very good dps.

the instance requires a good tank that can position the bosses correctly. having the gear is only the entry ticket, if you know the stuff, and exactly what to do, you can mitigate a lot of the damage.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

magi_melcior
07.17.2012 , 04:50 PM | #12
I'm one of 2 lvl 50 Tanks in our guild and we have done LI HM in Columi, mixed with a little War Hero and 1 piece of Rakata (the ear piece in my case). As I think everyone has already said this Flashpoint, more than any other, requires a good team. You need a healer who can keep you alive, and Tank who can keep the Bosses distracted (mainly from the Healer) and DPS that can burn down the bosses and their spawns quickly and efficiently. In all the other Hardmodes you can cope (just about) with 1 player being less than skilled but not in Lost Island
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website

theblaznee
07.18.2012 , 03:04 AM | #13
You will fail Lost Island with a group in full Campaign gear if people don't know the fights.. You can carry at least 1 guy in greens if people know the fights..

It's about the people, not too much about the gear.. Last run I did with a mixed-bag Shadow tank with everything from Tionese to Rakata, a Sentinel in "I just hit 50" gear, sentinel in Rakata/columi/black hole and me as Scoundrel in the same..

We did wipe a few times, but the fresh 50 had never been there before, so it was quite ok.. We had progress at each try..
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

Griad
07.18.2012 , 03:05 AM | #14
If you just interupt first boss casts then no problem. rest is cake walk
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Mordekaizer
07.18.2012 , 07:35 AM | #15
It's easy as long as you have 2 DPS thats geared enough and a geared + good healare. As they say, as long as you get pass the droid boss everything will be easy. i did it with a random group.

Tank = Full Tionese
Healer = Rakata/Columi
DPS (including me as an assault vanguard) (gunnery commando) = Commando is at Rakata/Columi ||| Vanguard which is me, MIX of BH and WH gears.

All of us knows the fight.

Our tank only has 18k HP if i remember it right.
VALENCORE

YeknomStun
07.18.2012 , 10:25 AM | #16
You're good, just make sure you read up on the fights. The dps requirement is probably the only real limiting factor for this FP, I've had a few pugs who can follow the mechanics but just couldnt put out enough damage to beat enrages.

Suzina
07.18.2012 , 03:52 PM | #17
My guild group did Lost Island with 3 of us in non-augmented rakata and our tank in non-agumented columi. We spent 4 hours on the first boss, but we got through it. I encourage you to try Lost Island HM, it's a fun instance. Just be aware that it is the hardest of all hard mode flashpoints.
Member of Bane Fleet

Radzkie
07.18.2012 , 04:51 PM | #18
I have done LI a bunch of times, as healer, with tanks that had a mix of Tioese, Columi, Rakata, BH and Campaign and have ONLY failed when the tank was not competent or the DPS was severely lacking. Moral of the story: play smart and you can get through with almost any type of gear.

Of course, that why I prefer going there with guildmates instead of random people from Group Finder. There are some really horrible players that sign up for it.

SnipeAlott
07.18.2012 , 06:05 PM | #19
MY PT had full columi when I first did LI HM, the thing is if you have a good healer and 2 good ranged DPS u can do it in tionese.

If you have a melee and a slightly worse healer .. ur gonna want better gear urself.

Alterin
07.18.2012 , 07:52 PM | #20
So here's my experience.. As a Guardian tank, I just got my 6th columi the other day. Champion relics, bm shield/saber, and mixed everything else. The first group I was in informed me that I needed a few pieces of rakata and kicked me. About ten minutes later, they were on the fleet(failing to find another tank) whining about under geared people queuing for LI.

A few minutes later, I was in a new group. Scoundrel healer with worst gear than me, a well geared sentinel, and a dps vanguard(about my tier of gear). The Sentinel, as the only one to complete, explained every fight. We wiped twice on the robot. Wiped twice on the savra-whatever guy(graphical glitch with his leap, we were all in the target). And had no problems at all with Lorrick.

It's not just the gear. It's getting in a group with people who aren't idiots. I'd say anyone who is at least in full tionese(which you should have at least 3-4 columi of by then anyways) is perfectly fine if they are competent. Fail groups will be fail groups.