Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Trispast
07.16.2012 , 03:08 PM | #21
My operative is a PvE healer
1. How do you think your Operative spec is perceived by other classes?
Operative healers are viewed primarily as support healers, fine in flashpoints but not the most sought after in raids. I often get major props for having the patience to level one up. The story was great, but the leveling experience was poor.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I enjoy healing on my operative, but it is also the only raid viable spec for the class. Allowing operatives a ranged dps option would help. When comparing my sorceror healer vs my operative I find the sorceror has many dps abilities that can be used during the luls between healing. My operative on the other hand needs to be close to the target(taking more damage), and using abilities which use large amounts of energy to do the same. The scaling energy regen mechanic really limits operatives ability to switch between roles midfight. I would like to see additons to the cover system for operatives, making ranged dps an option with the healing/lethality tree. Healing yourself while waiting for your companion to kill something is not fun for dailies.

A kolto probe refresher, or improved raid/party display of buffs/debuffs(those that actually matter as opposed to everything) would really help with healing, during a group aoe damage phase it is difficult to keep kolto probe on the tank as well as maintain safe levels of health on the party and decent energy levels. I enjoy the complexity of operative healing, but feel the penalties are too severe for mistakes vs soceror healing.

mechunter
07.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #22
Was heal spec'd pre-1.2 (ended up re-rolling since it got dull). Also, tried medicine/lethality for a little and lethality for 1 hard mode flashpoint

Healing: From what I get on the boards, people seem to like it more than pre-1.2. Some people think it's borderline OP in PVP - they need to learn to interrupt Kolto Injection

Damage: From what I get on the boards, people consider it a joke.

Healing: I didn't go back to since what was done was merely put a band-aid on a broken spec. The real problem w/ the spec is that it's absolutely boring and the abilities don't work together whatsoever. You're stuck in Kolto Injection -> Surgical Probe as a rotation to keep yourself energy neutral. This (+ HOTs on the tank) are functional, but not fun. It requires way too much setup and you have no way of refreshing the HOTs other than using Kolto Probe. The UI doesn't facilitate this well as it is pretty terrible in figuring out when your HOTs are about to expire. What it needs is for the HOTs to allow special reactions to occur w/ each of the various heals (like Kolto Infusion on a target w/ a HOT giving it increased armor). Speaking of Kolto Infusion, right now it's useless (same as pre-1.2) - it costs way too much for the healing it provides. Leveling w/ this is pretty awkward at times - your Interrupt is close range along w/ most of your damage + CC's - which doesn't quite feel right for the spec (unless you make special close range heals). The tiny bit of raiding + hardmode flashpoints I did felt awkward, like all I was doing was playing a game of wack-a-mole and couldn't handle it if everyone was getting hit at the same time (the improvement to Recuperative Nanotech may have improved this, but it needs to hit 8 targets or 4 targets w/ smart healing to be useful in a raiding situation). Finally, if Stim Boost doesn't provide extra effects, just make it passive - it's kind of annoying and I could get away w/ not actually having it on at times.

Healing/Lethality Hybrid: The immediate energy regen from stim boost was nice as it meant I could get off extra Kolto Injections if needed, but other than that it was a weaker healer w/ not a huge damage gain.

Lethality: Clunky as heck and hated it. This is completely broken. There needs to be a better way to generate TA's than shiv (like poison crits and overload shot) along w/ some sort of identity to it - the DOTs are 30m, Cull and Weakening Blast are 10m and Shiv is 4m (which means that you're forced to go 4m).

Concealment: What tiny bit of interaction I had in a warzone w/ it, it seemed annoying, but weak. I'd get stunlocked for a while (which wasn't fun), but I don't recall it doing a huge amount of damage to me (under 50 warzone).

Fionah
07.16.2012 , 03:29 PM | #23
[QUOTE=CommunitySupport;4860883][COLOR=#f9d648]Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1, Lethality - worthless dps
2. same

cidtheslayer
07.16.2012 , 03:43 PM | #24

1. Underpowered compared to snipers. Not as good healers as sorcerers, not as good stealth as assassins, not as good dps as snipers.
2. I love the stealth but wish that you got a bonus to damage on exiting stealth. (Like a backstab bonus. ) A little healing is nice but won't keep you alive long. Needs more focus on hit and run abilities?
\.o. \.o. \.o.MASSASSI REBORN.o./ .o./ .o./
ịΞΞΞ||«»{███████████████████████████}

nezitx
07.16.2012 , 03:48 PM | #25
Healer (PVE)
1. I think we are viewed as fairly competent healers in the raid environment, with average raid healing (aoe) and above average single target healing.
2. So far I enjoy healing Operations, and I like the balance of Tactical Advantages, how I gain them, and what I use them on. I feel like my AOE healing is slow, but that's okay.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

z-monty
07.16.2012 , 03:52 PM | #26
I've got a healing Op, and I mainly do PvE but also toss in a bit of PvP to keep things interesting.

Healing- For PvP, they're seen as one of the best, if not the best, but survivability can really be an issue, especially if you get focused on by the other team. For PvE, seen as good healers, probably a close second to Sorc heals. Definitely more mobile all around.

DPS- Probably underpreforming and a bit of a liability more than an asset. Weak when you could have a Sent/Marauder instead.

Healing- Perfect. Dont need to change anything. Right where they need to be in terms of balance. Not as high healing numbers as Sorcs, but we make up for it allowing much more mobility and flexibility.

DPS- Misunderstood. I admit I haven't tried it yet, but feel it has a bad reputation to begin with. Feel people need to adapt better at learning how to use the dps side of the class, since it involves much more thought and planning, but class definitely has its problems. Weak survivability is hard to deal with, and while having a lot of interrupts and stuns are great for PvP, they can be a liability in Endgame runs because a lot of bosses have an immunity to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

VtTethias
07.16.2012 , 03:58 PM | #27
Concealment Ops spec

Very weak post 1.2, especially compared to ranged classes such as Pyro Powertech, and the other stealth class assassin. Assassins get vastly more utility and passive tanking abilities (taunt off GCD, AoE taunt from stealth); all concealment heals are cast time and actively detracts from dps. Revitalizers from stim boost is a passive heal but it is not nearly enough to counter incoming damage.

Lacking in utility and gap closers which other dps classes have - grapple/leap.
* Stealthing should be our gap closer, but cloaking screen is on a long cooldown, and most classes have AoE abilities/scan they know to use immediately afterwards, so it is mostly a wasted effort to use it, unless in a huge melee scrum.
* Also have to save Evasion to pair with it since if you are dotted it up, you will be revealed again by the dot.

Our one trick pony is burst and that is largely countered by active use of snares (auto-applying ones that and other CCs which prevent the spec from being viable in rateds.

Matki
07.16.2012 , 04:00 PM | #28
30-point Healer spec.

Raiding viewpoint

1. many people still see operatives as sub-par healers.
2. i feel after playing all the healers that in the right hands Operative healing is one of the best. Its not as easy as you have to be proactive and not as strong of AOE heals Sorc, however it is great mobile healer and great for raids.

Izorii
07.16.2012 , 04:08 PM | #29
I dont PvP with my Op but I suspect people seem them as annoying due to stelath with what seems very high DPS. In PvE stealth means leaving others to die, mixture of ranged and dps attacks makes cover difficult to use to less use that a sniper or a DPS speced BH.
Good suvival in PvE. Nice to have heals and dps, stealth to get out of battles when it all goes wrong. A nice class for solo game play although as a dps/healer its hard to get into a group. Personaly while I thought I would like cover due to all the back stabs and shiv attacks I spend much of the game just crouched next to an enemy which looks stupid.

Sicious
07.16.2012 , 04:36 PM | #30
These opinions are based off of PvP only as I have yet to play this character in PvE content.

Healing: Perceived as Overpowered, extremely hard to kill.

Concealment: A wasted spot on a warzone roster, an annoyance / easy kill for any semi-geared casual pvper, yet dangerous to under geared / unskilled pvper's.

Concealment: I really enjoy this class as it a major underdog and takes more skill to be successful at in it's current state. The abilities are lackluster, we lack survivability, utility , and sustained dps compared to the other stealth class and are completely laughed at when forced out of stealth. Our higher end PvP gear doesn't support the stats we need and the set bonuses are laughable. Our defensive abilities are useless against most classes, we have no viable gap closer, our cloaking ability has too long of a cool down even when talented and most of the time breaks for no reason. The only positive to this spec right now is that there's so many fresh pvper's on recently merged servers that we can actually do well in some regular warzones.
Sicious / Sicnis - Erebus - Drooga's Pleasure Barge