Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

CommunitySupport
07.16.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Operative spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

Ntranced
07.16.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2

Healing: Hard to kill but not great heal output.

Concealment: Mostly an annoyance, not much of a threat any more.

Healing: Good, best heal class for PVP.

Concealment: OK sub-50 but nerfed too hard and too often, changes to adrenals etc and consistent nerfs mean lack of burst unless/until you have min maxed BIS gear. Even then class has limited role and other classes can (and do) achieve more.

WaldoA
07.16.2012 , 11:21 AM | #3
Concealment: Can be deadly pre-50, but after 50 it's pretty awful, the high-damage abilitys rely on you attacking from stealth or from behind, if it's a long fight you're in, you can't stealth attack, and attacking from behind can be difficult if you're solo and using a healer companion.

Concealment: Again, good before 50 but not so good afterwards as it's only use is in PvP, and even then it's very poor damage (especially with relic/adrenal removal) and not everyone's cup of tea.

Lethality: Can provide great damage in certain circumstances, but lacks ways in which to achieve Tactical Advantage, Shared tree with sniper but requires you to go very close range to use rifle firing abilitys which seems rather odd.

Amien
07.16.2012 , 11:27 AM | #4
1.) Healing is perceived to just heal. The tools you give me also make it easier for me to heal in PvP.

People perceive damage is to burst folks down.

2.) I perceive healing to help my team capture points.

Damage, I have to make myself an annoyance to the team, since other classes off better damage in WZ's. To do that, Lethality is my preferred spec. One issue with the Operative Lethality is that there isn't much synergy in the tree, compared to snipers. We also have to use more energy to get a Cull off (Shiv+Cull=34 energy), along with having to stay in thick of things in melee range. It feels like the TA mechanic was just thrown on Cull at the last minute so the tree uses TA's and that it's different from the sniper version. At least decrease the energy cost of cull so our Shiv+Cull= 25 energy.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

Elvirorr
07.16.2012 , 11:50 AM | #5
Concealment Operative

Pre 50 - An annoyance and dangerous
Post 50 - A laughable annoyance that can only kill you if they catch you at less than 50% health
Generally Concealment Operatives seem a bit of a joke right now.

I picked the class because i like to play solo while helping the team.
I relished the idea of trying to solo cap or defend nodes and assasinating key enemy players.
In reality I cant really do any of these things well unless I play out of my skin which is fairly hard for me as I have limited skills. Other classes fufill the roll better with less effort.

Aikiyc
07.16.2012 , 12:15 PM | #6
Healer specced Operative since launch. Primarily PvPer.

Ridiculously OP, virtually unkillable (especially with Guard), does everything better than Mercs and Sorcs in every scenario. Too mobile, too high of a healing thoroughput, and has stealth and a vanish mechanic.

On par with skilled players at the skill cap of Mercs and Sorcs. Not OP, easy to kill with basic understanding of our rotation and how HoTs work. Fills the 8-man raid healer niche, with great sustain via Nanotech and Kolto Probe, and low burst comparatively speaking (i.e. great at keeping a big group alive through assorted damage and moderate AoE, but weak single and double target healing).
The Teltae Legacy
There's no escape from the mind.

Sorenia
07.16.2012 , 12:20 PM | #7

Healing: The healing spec in PvP is perceived as slightly overpowered with it's ability to constantly run around healing itself. Other healers see it as what they should be able to do.

DPS: This spec is still seen as annoying because it can still pummel people with cooldowns. At this point though everyone knows it's not actually all that useful.

metalgearyoda
07.16.2012 , 12:22 PM | #8
Backstab having a 12 second cool down really makes the concealment tree feel clunky.

I feel like I am overload shoting and basic attacking too often.

I mainly heal but if I were to switch to dps it would be to lethality.

Concealment just feels wrong now.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Kuroyo
07.16.2012 , 12:23 PM | #9

Concealment / Leathality: PVE liability. Mediocre DPS output in PVE encounters -- positional requirements for dps on boss fights and other melee classes who do more damage make them less desirable. PVE operative in my raid group switched to PT and another unsubbed because of the state of the class.

Medic now has decent healing output and the class has great synergy when paired with a sorc.

PVE: After a rocky start Operatives are good healers after the 1.2 rebalance. Kolto Infusion is still need of love.

DPS operatives were unfairly punished for being an OP PVP class early on and were nerfed too far into the ground. Both DPS specs could use an overhaul in terms of rotation as well. Acid Blade is a "meh" end-of-tree ability would prefer it to be an actual attack.

diaho
07.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

• Heal spec - Considered one of the best in PVP
  • DPS spec - Considered mediocre to laughable in both PVP and PVE

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

I started out with the Concealment spec as I wanted to try out a DPS character. I was disappointed with the actual damage put out by the character. It seemed like I would need to spec all the way to Acid Blade to get some good numbers out, but the general consensus I read on the forums was that Operatives weren't the best DPS option anyway. My first character was a Jedi Sage (Seer) so I went fell back on what was familiar and switched to the heal spec.

I'm definitely enjoying the heal spec. It's offers a lot more mobility than the Seer as I have more abilities that I can cast on the run. The extra mobility and two additional defensive CDs make survivalibility better. The healing output isn't as good as the Seer, but having Shield Probe costing no energy and procing TA makes the spec viable.