Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Lightning_
07.17.2012 , 12:44 AM | #21
Dirty Fighting

1. How do you think your Gunslinger spec is perceived by other classes?
In PvP it's considered a good spec for pure damage output, however overshadowed by the obvious leader - Assault Vanguard. This means we have less chance of getting into Ranked team because we don't have any utility (like guarding objectives, scoring in Huttball, etc.) and are supposed to bring maximum DPS, in which we cannot surpass the Vanguards. In PvE it's considered on par with most other classes.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
It's the best PvP spec for Gunslinger at the moment because the other choice - Sharpshooter - is easier to counter by other classes (although it generates similar numbers). In PvE all specs are viable.

SajPl
07.17.2012 , 05:33 AM | #22
1. Annoing.
2. The best range in the whole game shouldn't have such high damage. Resource managment is too easy as well. Root, rooting knockback+3k snipe while you can't even get close. Wounding shot's absolutely melting people and dots that take 6-10k hp themselves.

Srkious
07.17.2012 , 06:56 AM | #23
Dirty Fighter spec:

-- In PVP, well liked by friend and foe alike. Friends like it because of the damage I can deal, and foes like it for the damage they can deal to me and probably consider me easy kill (rightfully so).
-- In PVE just fine. I am welcome to any group and content. Due to being DF they don't protest about my mobility.

-- PVP -- I gladly PVP on this char. The spec has a long setup (3-4 skills) so my target often dies before I reach full damage potential. That is DPS lost, so often I'm not much help when focusing targets.
-- PVE -- I like the damage I can bring to the group. I''m happy with the spec.

PlagaNerezza
07.17.2012 , 08:06 AM | #24

Sharpshooter Descent DPS for pvp but lacks survivability. Rather take an operative in pvp or maurder.

If Cover was useful I would still play it. I have tremendous diffcultly staying at range against opponents who can leap/pull at 30m and I need to be at 30 meters to do dps. Needs way more survivability.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Felli
07.17.2012 , 09:42 AM | #25
I'm one of the very few active PvP gunslingers on my server. I play an almost pure sharpshooter spec which works well for me.

1. How are we perceived by others?
PvP first:
By powertechs, assassins and marauders: Lunch. An easy kill. Of course, I'm a bit more skilled than most so I take out a fair amount of these but I've nothing to counter the dots of these classes. Eventually they will burn me down. Of course, this regens my energy and I come back and harass them again.
By juggernauts: An annoying gnat that keeps pushing me away. I'll burn them down but not before they get a dps to assist in beating me.
By sorcerors: WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? I can burn down a sorc, even a healer, in short order. Sure they'll dot me up and I'll die eventually cause I have nothing to counter that but I will take them with me every time.
By Operatives: An easy kill. I get targetted by ops all the time. They learn quickly this is a mistake, but they just keep trying to do the very same thing with the very same result over and over again.

By rated groups: _____

Gunslingers are not welcome or wanted in rated overall in rated warzones.

PvE:
This is where we shine. A well-played gunslinger sharpshooter will tear apart bosses and trash in raids. We can hold our own against mindless adds. We aren't needy or paper like sages. We're solid and stable. But there are so few of us. I know maybe 10 on my entire server. Something MUST be wrong.

2. How do I perceive my own spec?
Now that I'm in pretty much pure augmented rakata, I'm very happy with my spec. I really wish that you'd stop messing around with the top two tiers in the SS spec. It wasn't broke, why did you "fix" it? BW claimed it was for playability reasons but now we have to activate everything. It isn't a bad thing, its just bloody annoying. I'm already watching my procs, the debuffs and dots I've placed on my enemies and my ability cooldowns... having to watch for rapid shots, illegal mods and lucky shots on top of this makes the game even less fun. These things should be procs not activated skills. Then again, watching for procs is why I don't play a DPS sage....

I love my spec in PvE content. I'm doing heaps of DPS and have great dots. My activated skills, despite my complaints, are useful. My raid boss loves it when I say I'll come along. He knows I'm great for the group. I feel like I'm doing great damage. My parses tell me I'm doing very solid numbers, although I don't trust them. I feel like I do better damage than MOX says I am. And honestly, the numbers MOX gives me are good. I just feel that I'm actually doing better than it says.

I have to say that playing a gunslinger is not the most fun experience that it could be. Cover is very limited and "take cover" is broken badly. Cover does not work around corners, it only works horizontally. We are limited in our movement by our skills. Coming out of crouch takes time that we do not have in ops boss fights. Our skills are either slow casts if not procced or channeled. Our gear is silly looking. I don't want to be a space pimp, thank you very much. And even the war hero set has such a distinctive, ugly color that its not worth wearing. It is an even bigger "kill me now" sign than the green beam of healing from commandos. Seriously, that heal beam NEEDS to be removed already. I feel bad for my commando healer friends.

I love my 'slinger, but she is far from perfect. Our skill set is fantastic but clunky. Our gear is horribly designed. Our survivability is low. You really need to be skilled to succeed as a 'slinger.

I love it.

Short version:
1. We're easily replaceable in pvp/pve. We are not wanted in rated warzones. We are too squishy and better replaced by dps vanguard.

2. Quality of life blows. Damage potential is intense but not user friendly. Gearing is horrible. Cover is broken. Movement is horrific. No one plays this class but me feeling is real.

Crixa
07.17.2012 , 10:30 AM | #26
Sharpshooter Gunslinger

PVE: I am highly valued in any ops due to the versatility owed to my high dps output at max range. I can maintain a high level of dps indefinitely or spike everything into a lethal burst (which drains my energy) if needed to get a target down quickly. Though mobility is always an issue, because of my high dps, my raid leader tends to take the time to develop strategies that allow me to remain stationary as long as possible. So far I haven't really encountered too many ops bosses where this weakness is prohibitively difficult. Hardest for this particular issue might be the last boss in HM Esseles.

PVP: My numbers w/ this spec are lower than I've experienced while Sab or DF/hybrid spec'd. As a result, I often get tells after matches from people saying I need to switch specs if I want to pvp, and this even with my war hero tag up. I think most people see the lower raw dps numbers and the immobility and toss this spec aside without much further thought.

PVE: I know I'm at the very high end of dps when it comes to PVE. This makes me a valuable asset to any group. I generally have every tool I need to deal with any situation so long as I am in a group. I do wish there was a better way of picking which cover position I would like to roll into though.

PVP: I stick with SS because I value the ability to burst down opponents if needed. I feel like it would be easier if I went with a different spec but even though my numbers would be better, I don't feel like I would be contributing as much by depending on dots and other teammates to finish people off, though I admit I've been avoiding pvp since 1.3 as our sustained dps has taken a hit (energy regen) and survivability seems to be as low as ever. Stealth opponents are almost always a death sentence due to the lack of mobility and limited number of distance creation abilities. I wish we had more of a counter in these cases. A stealth detection ability would give us more of a fighting chance.

ShepherdGunn
07.17.2012 , 02:36 PM | #27
I'm playing a Sharpshooter Spec. I think it's viewed as a decent DPS if used in a raid or Op by someone that's willing to learn how to do it.
It's a fun spec, but one that once you're done leveling and on End Game Content you need to be willing to learn how best to help out in Ops and such. Going from leveling to End Game does require a bit of a change of thought.
"It is said, man does not live by bread alone. This is truth. Likewise, blaster bolts and lightsabers are not the only means of killing a man."

- Shepherd Gunn 7:28

Bartes
07.17.2012 , 03:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

1. Sharpshooter Gunslinger specced here. I think other classes see us as highly immobile turret like class and highly dangerous if left alone. Point of focus fire at the start of every WZ. In PvE great addition to group DPS but can be a pain when mobility is needed. Most think of us as a squishy target without many or even no defensive CDs or escape mechanism.

2. In PvP mobility is not an issue for me unless fighting greater numbers of good geared players. Energy management in prolonged fights is an issue especially if I need to change position often. All in all I am very happy about my DPS and survability to some extent but I do feel a bit gimped in cramped spaces where I cannot take advantage of (or use even) my range or cover mechanic.
In PvE I do feel like a burden to my group when mobility is needed, cover mechanic makes it difficult to stay with/near people I want to be, be it for heals or support.
I also do miss some group utility because except for the group shield (which is super awesome btw) I cannot really aid my allies in any way. This leads to the problem of being able to only spec into 3 different pure DPS roles which makes certain content like "not designed" for Gunslingers.
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

Lan_West
07.17.2012 , 04:08 PM | #29
Utility, burst damage, one of highest sustained damage classes, lots of choice in skill trees
My gunslinger is too good. Compared to my commando in campaign, my gunslinger SS in rakata can out dps him by a moderate amount, even when I'm in saboteur I get the same dps as SS (slight decrease in 1v1 for a big bonus to 1vMany DPS). It's fun to play but a lot about him seems OP, which makes me kind of regret playing my other characters. They aren't penalized enough for all their benefits. We're given the best ranged dps sustained and burst (versus commandos, sages) the best utility (stun, aoe 8sec sleep, snare, high defense, moderate armor, low cooldown defensive abilities such as shield probe and dodge, and tons of options in our skill trees to increase our utility further) and the farthest range. The commando has 5% damage reduction and a full CC, other than that the gunslinger murders them in every other field. Sages have great longevity, good cooldowns, DPS, and good utility but still don't match gunslingers.
Squad367

PariahMessiah
07.17.2012 , 06:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

PVE Sharpshooter

1. Common misconception that we are lower than normal mobility. We're no less mobile than any other ranged class. Snapshot/Trickshot combo or toss a sab charge can be used when we have to reposition with minimal movement loss.

2. We handle Operations quite well. A little bursty on our opening since we have next to zero setup time but once the fight gets rolling we can pound out damage all day. Plus our 35 meter range lets us stand off a bit and be out of danger in some encounters making 1 less person for the healers to keep track of.