Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

silvershadez
07.16.2012 , 01:35 PM | #11
Dirty Fighter here:

Other people generally expect me to produce some insane dmg and in general i don't disappoint them neither in PvE or PvP.

I personally am happy, not just with this spec but also with all the other ones we currently have access to. They are all pretty viable and shine each one in certain scenarios. If I had to mention the worst thing about those specs it would be that the talent "Nice Try" gets you into combat everytime it procs (slowing you down or preventing you from regenerating).

DimeStax
07.16.2012 , 01:49 PM | #12
1. How do you think your Gunslinger spec is perceived by other classes?

I think my Dirty Fighting spec is perceived as a high damage class with lots of utility, great for both single target focus fire and area of effect damage support.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

I think the mobility that my Dirty Fighting spec provides allows me to be a "competitor" in a warzone match by giving me enough utility to play anywhere on the field, and well rounded offensive and defensive capabilities. I feel that lowbie Gunslingers hit way too hard in warzones with the Bolster buff applied. They hit for 4-5k Aimed Shots when the majority of people have 10-12k HP, and that's not realistic of what Gunslinger PvP is like at 50.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Thistlecairn
07.16.2012 , 03:36 PM | #13

Being an almost purely PVE player, most other players view Gunslingers as having high-damage output. Other players tend to view Gunslingers as a high difficulty class in part due the lack of healing, the cover mechanic (the need to actually think about set-up), and the abundance of widely varying types of abilities and approaches. I am Dirty Fighting, which is also perceived as having little or no burst, but a very high sustained DPS. Some people I know have referred to Gunslingers as glass cannons.

Dirty Fighting is a set-up spec with high mobility. I don't open with a 3k or 4k crit. The dots go up, then the high damage output begins. Even with most of my key abilities being instant and increasing mobility over SS, you still have to turret with two of our main attacks. All in all, Gunslinger has a wide variety of different types of abilities and approaches to the class. If I ever get bored with DF, both Sabateur and SS have great appeal. It is very difficult to lose interest with this class.

DFis also the hardest of the three specs to use in solo play. To maintain Energy levels, you have to use a strict rotation. This leads to loss of DPS compared to SS or Sab, and is my only real disappointment with the spec.

Also, 'glass cannon' is completely wrong. Gunslingers are masters of CC and have good defensive CDs with more options than anyother AC except maybe a Scoundrel.
[Corellian Run] Asst GM of <TheWompRats> and <Has a Bad Feeling About This>
Casual, No Drama, Slightly Dysfunctional "Play what you want!"
http://www.thewomprats.info

Smartie
07.16.2012 , 04:18 PM | #14
1.) Smuggler gunslingers are always welcome in any group and are perceived by the community as a strong dps class.
2.) The smuggler for me is a well balanced class and is exactly where I wish others lay. Its got a good mix of survivability aswell as constant dps if managed correctly. My only fear is the constant changes being implemented with sharpshooter will lead to this spec going badly just like arsenal spec for BH. It is important that Bioware has some responsibility in the changes they introduce especially as our advanced classes are set for life, remember you may have the option of chopping and changing we can only make an informed decision based on facts at the time.

Marlowe
07.16.2012 , 06:05 PM | #15
Sharpshooter tree.

1) Burst, good DPS, powerful AoE's, low mobility.

2) Pretty much the same. I like that I have enough tools to avoid damage.

InnerPieces
07.16.2012 , 06:39 PM | #16
I play a hybrid spec primarily for PvP but works well in PvE with the right companion. Itís close to this: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fef2ef8e3f2e3:

In PvP Iím a decent priority target. They know if they can keep me on the move I am far less effective. When theyíre capturing a node, Iím a high priority due to my ability to harass effectively with AoEs.

I see my gunslinger as the stranger from nowhere, run and gun, shoot from the hip and then empty your clips type of western hero. In reality, itís more like run and unpack the wagons, unload as the enemy approaches, pack up and move (or get knocked back) and unpack again. I would love to see greater on the move damage instead of greater cover damage and let cover be more for defense and moving for offense. Currently, it works great for the Sniper to buff up offense while in cover, but should be the opposite for Gunslinger.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

CarverX
07.16.2012 , 06:42 PM | #17
1) An obvious target thanks to the screen pointing the arrow at my head which is ridiculous to have in the first place since I shoot pistols not a rifle. Big damage but a quick easy kill if jumped on which is why there are so few.

2) Great class but I would trade some of the big damage for some defense any day. I also would prefer running and gunning to hiding behind a shield that really only a sniper should need in the first place.
The Shadowlands

Skallgrimson
07.16.2012 , 07:31 PM | #18
1. I believe we are welcomed in PVE, not so much in PvP due to limited mobility.

2. Similar to above I love it in PVE but no so much in PvP.
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise... seek what they sought. -Basho
Captain Egil Skallgrimson, SWG Veteran, /secretsmugglerhandshake
Owner/Operator of The Jester's Mask, Einjeriar

Icebergy
07.16.2012 , 07:34 PM | #19
1. They do a lot of damage and have a lot of defensive cooldowns making them invaluable in PvE and very tough to beat in PvP.
2. I don't like the lack of mobility, but the burst damage is very high.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Wesgile
07.16.2012 , 07:59 PM | #20
saboteur:

1. very few of them around, people are oblivious to what kind of abilities and damages they do. aoe aggro machine, pvp nuker.

2. superb aoe damage, still decent single target capabilities if aoes are included but will trail behind if no aoes are allowed/target moves around. pressures group pvp well and holds the ground, but still drops quickly under fire even if the spec is arguably the most resilient.
大丈夫だ、問題ない。