Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

PresBMK
07.16.2012 , 05:46 PM | #21
Sawbones

1) Perceived as equal to Sage in PvE, best healing class in PvP.

2) I feel I can hold my own as a healer in all PvE content and in PvP. The Kolto Pack ability is so rarely useful that I do not have it on my toolbar.

Scrapper

1) Perceived as weak DPS in PvE, good burst but nothing sustained in PvP and easiest class to counter with roots, stuns, etc.

2) I feel this spec greatly underperforms as an endgame PvE DPS, particularly where positioning is difficult and/or knockbacks are prevalent. In PvP I feel like I can kill any target I want, as long as they have terrible gear or are below 50% health - therefore I stick to Sawbones.

Heezdedjim
07.16.2012 , 06:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PresBMK View Post
2) I feel I can hold my own as a healer in all PvE content and in PvP. The Kolto Pack ability is so rarely useful that I do not have it on my toolbar.
Kolto Pack is probably the least appreciated ability in the game. You have to really look at the numbers on it to realize that you only get your peak HP/second burst healing by chaining UM->KP->EMP. And it only really comes into its own once you get the 4/5 set bonus that buffs the crit up on it. At that point it regularly heals MORE than UM, assuming you have a good amount of crit stacked in your setup.

Early on, every time I casted it, I just thought, "Wow, that was a waste of a CD." But very late in the game, it becomes one of your core abilities, and it's essential to keeping your energy recovery up during burst healing cycles. It almost feels like it's so gimped at early levels, and without all the talents and set bonuses that buff it, that it should have been the 31 point talent, rather than the second heal we get.

FrankyMcShanky
07.16.2012 , 06:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Kolto Pack is probably the least appreciated ability in the game. You have to really look at the numbers on it to realize that you only get your peak HP/second burst healing by chaining UM->KP->EMP. And it only really comes into its own once you get the 4/5 set bonus that buffs the crit up on it. At that point it regularly heals MORE than UM, assuming you have a good amount of crit stacked in your setup.

Early on, every time I casted it, I just thought, "Wow, that was a waste of a CD." But very late in the game, it becomes one of your core abilities, and it's essential to keeping your energy recovery up during burst healing cycles. It almost feels like it's so gimped at early levels, and without all the talents and set bonuses that buff it, that it should have been the 31 point talent, rather than the second heal we get.
This is not the thread for this discussion but I agree, it's the best 1.5 second heal in the game.
Skyporker.

Darieltis
07.16.2012 , 06:56 PM | #24
Level 50 Sawbones:

1) People see the HPS that can be put out by a Sawbones and call it overpowered. People do not see that when it comes to healing, numbers are all Sawbones has...there is no HEALING utility. The only utility remotely related to healing is our ability to vanish and Rez people after they're all dead...though the monsters reset.

2) There are serious synergy problems in the Sawbones tree, with some abilities rarely seeing use as there is almost always a better choice (1.5 second heal). The animations make me unhappy - especially EMP on others (a.k.a. zip line). The idea of a stealth healer is awesome...but stealth doesn't help me heal at all - in fact, it prevents it.
No, try not! Do, or do not. There is no try!
~Yoda

LagunaD
07.16.2012 , 06:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

1. How do you think your Scoundrel spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?
1. Scrapper spec is perceived as being terrible as a PvE damage spec, incapable of competing with others in operations, and having zero utility. Despite being well-geared, I have been denied DPS spots in operations groups because the spec is considered to be useless.

2. I agree with the above. It is a fun spec to play, apart from the feeling that you are not able to contribute at the level of Sages, Gunslingers, Commandos or Sentinels.
Dagoreth/Shadow - Martina/Sentinel - Sandrine/Commando - Silmara/Scoundrel
Belechannas/Sage - Knox/Vanguard

Vixxa/Marauder - Niobe/Sorceror
The Harbinger

Haystak
07.16.2012 , 08:24 PM | #26
1: Below average DPS in both PvE and PvP, with little use in current Game content, average PvE Healer, and best PvP Healer

2: DPS specs feel clunky, and it just feels like whack a mole with ability selection, UH bonus is too low to consider keeping up and just gets consumed by an ability. Our PvP burst DPS was brought down to a dull roar, but without compensation for loss of burst the class feels like it doesnt have a place as a DPS role in a PvP setting.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

TheLoneDruid
07.17.2012 , 12:55 AM | #27
Sawbones Scoundrel (Healer)

1. How do you think your Scoundrel spec is perceived by other classes?.
In PvP, the best healing class due to it's ability to keep moving and still put out a decent amount of heals and amount of cc/defensive abilities to stay alive. In PvE, a decent healer but sage is still tops in output. More a tank healer than a full raid healer.

In PvP I have learned enough to make myself exceptionally difficult to kill unless focused down by 3 or more dps at the same time. In PvE, the AoE is still a little weak in my opinion but it is decent enough that when used properly can be very useful. Otherwise the class does quite well with regards to healing both the full operation and tank focused healing. The true benefit of this class over other healers in my opinion is the tranq dart. I use it for every HM flashpoint and can speed through them by skipping a lot of the trash mobs.
Lohikäärme Legacy and owner of Moony-Prongs-Padfoot-Wormtail

Florion
07.17.2012 , 04:58 AM | #28
Scrapper and Dirty Fighting

1. I feel Scoundrel is not esteemed highly by others as a viable DPS class, both in PvP and PvE. They are a nuisance at most in PvP.

Scrapper
Relies too heavily on a single ability for damage (Shoot First). This is boring and it makes Scrapper too fragile: if someone breaks my stealth (which happens a lot with AoEs flying around), I am at a severe disadvantage. DoTs disrupting Disappearing Act make it not as useful as it seems and its CD is too long.

Dirty Fighting
Very inconsistent spec: DoTs are long range, abilities that interact with DoTs are medium range and one of those requires me to use Blaster Whip in melee. What's the point of having ranged abilities if I need to be in melee range anyway?

Overall: I feel Scoundrels have lots of redundant abilities that don't work well together. What's the use of cover and associated abilities for a class that's highly mobile and fights in medium to short range? It's an uncomfortable mix of long range and short range abilities. Only Scrapper really uses the Scattergun, for the other specs it's just a prop to boost stats.
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Sillensumbra
07.17.2012 , 05:08 AM | #29
Level 50 full war hero scoundrell sawbones

1. How do you think your Scoundrel spec is perceived by other classes?.
In pvp we are currently the best healers becouse mobility is key and we also have a lot of tools to survive so i think we are good healers , as dirty fighting we can also bring a bit of pressure to the table if played correctly, but as scrapper i think we are lacking, other classes when they see a scrapper getting out of cloack they think, urray free kill, if we dont burst down our target in the first 4 or 5 secconds then we have almost all our skills in colldown and must use the basic attack that´s just weird for a melle depending class, since other´s can outburst with no problem and have better survivability the problem is just not enough dps, of course if we get more dps then ppl will complain that they become stunlocked and killed again without beeing able to do anything, but we have to take in consideration that before the nerf we could stack stims+relics to burst even a full tank down, rigth now as things are we cant even burst down a healer, and in my opinion that should be our job, we have stealth so we can infiltrate enemies ranks and burst down healers or casters if they are not guarded, rigth now we dont have the dps for it and the cooldown of our skills it´s just to great, we bring nothing to the table that a sentinel cant really do with more dps and suvivability, also a shadow is a bit better becouse he doesnt have that mutch position requirements or skills that must be used out of cloack to get he´s main dps burst.

Scoundrell sawbones is fine as it is, maybe even a bit overpowered, the only think i can complain is that kolto pack consumes upper hand and doesnt heal that mutch, i prefeer to spend it on emergency medpac and only use it when i have more than 2 stacks of upper hand and my main heal underworld medecine is on colldown

Shoogli
07.17.2012 , 06:24 AM | #30
Scrapper

1) Taken as melee, PVE or PVP, only as last resort, when no other melee class is available.

2) Lost most the fun ever since the removal of the giggle. Otherwise, it used to have a nicer flow of combat when backblast wasn't on a so long CD, now it feels a little clunky. All in all, despite the fact I don't mind loosing dps here or there for balance and adjustment : those two changes made the scrapper much much less fun to play.
(the flow and general thrill of combat, not the numbers).

Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]