Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

_Corth_
09.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #91
Dirty Fighting Scoundrel

1. How do you think your Scoundrel spec is perceived by other classes?
It is perceived as a strange spec leaving people wondering why even bother with it. No one seems to feel too threatened by it in pvp.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
Unique. I really enjoy that it is a different playstyle for scoundrels. Without trying to be gunslingers, I am glad there is an option to be a close+medium range scoundrel rather than completely stuck to melee. Please keep this idea. I would like to see less reliance on blasterwhip for our UH proc. I would like to see less emphasis on shoot first and backblast to make up for our lack of burst as these abilities don't seem to fit as well thematically with DF

thank you
Corporal Corth
ALPHA COMPANY, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion
End of the beta mass suicide jump on Coruscant. 12/4/11. Darth Malak Never forget

Joajoa
09.04.2012 , 05:22 PM | #92
I spec both Scrapper and Sawbones.

Scrapper

-PVE: perceived by others as a very, very weak DPS role.Their inability to sustain reliable DPS makes them the least appealing of classes to fill the DPS role in a group.They also lack much of the buffs that many other DPS roles can provide.

-I agree with others.Although soloing a Scrapper Scoundrel is quite fun pve,end-game PVE we are shunned from any self respecting OPS.

PVP: Perceived by others as "Mostly Harmless". Effective against weak,undergeared ,isolated players,but useless is a long drawn out fight,or any class with decent hitpoints/defenses. They are effective in the under 49 Warzones,but in the over 50 Wz's their damage doesn't scale up as well.

-I agree with others on most these points,but I personally feel that a Scrapper Scoundrel can be a productive member of a PVP group if they back up heal and remove debuffs from teammates once in a while.I also feel that Scrapper Scoundrels have to be a lot more picky about which targets they go after,and have to assist other players on a weakened target rather than try to go off and solo someone.

Sawbones

PVE and PVP

Generally perceived as a very viable and capable healer,but only at later levels.(Over 40).Which means goings through much of the game's content underpowered.Noone wants a Scoundrel healer if they are doing a level 24 Flashpoint.

I agree with the general perception.

On a side note--I am increasingly annoyed with the constant nerfs that Scoundrel DPS has received since this game has launched.For months after launch the real issue had always been the ridiculous Crit/Surge rates that could be achieved by stacking Stims/Adrenals ,yet not till recent patches have those items been balanced.

Yet,the whole time,the Scoundrel/Operative class have been blamed and their damage reduced! Our damage has constantly gone down,yet the amount of hitpoints that a level 50 character can have have steadly gone up.

To summarize:

Scrapper damage issues are at level 50.
Sawbones healing issues are under 40.

oaceen
09.13.2012 , 06:51 AM | #93
scrapper: PVE

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

1. How do you think your Scoundrel spec is perceived by other classes?
utterly useless and underperforms nearly all other dps classes and specs. no one in my guild wants to run with him, and they all say i should respec to dirty fighting or just go healing. everyone thinks i'm an idiot for even leveling a scoundrel that doesn't heal.
Quote:
2. How do you perceive your own spec?
i find it a fun challenge compared to my commando, which i find easy to play. i have hit some decent numbers on ops dummies and HM FPs, but he's never allowed on raids, so i can't really say how good he stacks up in that environment. i feel that because of his perceptions by others, he's completely useless since no one will give him a chance.

oaceen
09.13.2012 , 06:52 AM | #94
scrapper: PVE

impressions by other: everyone in my guild has told me to respec, and people think i'm an idiot for playing a scrapper in PVE (or a dps scoundrel at all when i 'should just heal'). he has a hard time finding slots in raids when i have a commando with much more dps potential

impressions from self: other than flashpoints and the occasional SM ops, i haven't had a chance to see how he stacks up. i really like the playstyle, but the perception is so negative, i don't get a chance to see what he can do.

pqgarvis
09.13.2012 , 10:59 AM | #95
Played since launch: Scrapper spec (PvP, I don't PVE)

Outside Perception:

When played right you can absolutely destroy someone in a 1 v 1 situation. Scrappers opening on a lone target is a kin to a scary movie when everyone sees it coming except the victim. Highly hated in the right hands, and smarter groups will attempt to nullify with focus fire.

When played wrong, laughable and easily countered.

My perception:

While I feel the damage out put and utility are fine, the scrapper rotation needs some gap filler and energy management can leave you auto shooting a target. As it stands right now I feel fine when attacking a solo player however (minus open gaps in rotation) when stuck in combat and in groups (after bursting a target) energy becomes a major issue for sustained combat. Now granted if I don't use all my tools (sabotage charge, flash bang, etc) and only use flechette round,shoot first, back blast, sucker punch and pistol whip this may not be the case. However our best defense is a strong offense, so when utilizing all my tools I find myself low on energy in sustained combat.

Sustained energy and holes in our rotation are flaws that should be addressed.

Luckeyduckey
09.27.2012 , 10:45 AM | #96
Extremely dangerous while in stealth, and should avoided 1v1. Easily taken 2v1 when ready. Out of stealth easy kill.

2. Low sustained, high burst. Even with this buff, the class is still wanky. Needs a buff to UH, whether easier to get, or Sucker punch deals more damage. Hard to manage energy after burst is done.
Sawed-off needs a big buff. 4% damage is nothing. Maybe make it 10%+, or revamp it to reduce CD time of Back Blast
Expløit
Ønslaught
Eradicate