Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Bouncy_Hunter
08.15.2012 , 03:09 PM | #61
1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes?
- I think my spec which has been mostly Advanced prototype has always been laughed at in PvE. I just switched to pyro to try it out.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
- I love advanced prototype, I love the moves the animations the fact i get to build up and use flamethrower.
as for Pyro apparently it does more damage but it doesnt even come near to the level of fun i have blowing things up with immolate and the advanced prototype spec.

SneiK
08.24.2012 , 04:53 AM | #62
Advanced Prototype (PvP)

1. In RWZ you will get lol'd for being AP, and generally are seen as not a threat, and weak.

2. Lots of mobility, and can actually be a threat indeed. Problem is, you can't control the threat, in other words, you only get to being a threat when the opponents play bad and gather up for your Flame Thrower and/or don't kite you at all. Adding a short root or a snare (2 second, so 0,5 activation time on PFT) that breaks on DMG to flame sweep f.e when you have full 5 stacks of PFT would give us control, because PFT is still lagging with DMG dealing and applying the slow to moving targets.

FeralPug
08.27.2012 , 06:21 AM | #63
As a 95+ valor powertech who only PVPs:

It's a crying shame that pyrotech is the only viable spec in ranked PVP. After gearing out for AP, and trying it in rated games I've found that there is simply no reason to stay specced in AP when I can roll as a pyrotech.

Flame thrower is a situational talent at best. Good players will stun you out of it every time. The damage comes on very slow, and I find the snare effect to be a little buggy. This might have to do with server latency. Add too many points spent in retractable blade talents for an ability with low damage, and short duration snare compared to other classes, and hydraulic overrides which only breaks/prevents roots and snares (not stuns) and you have a DPS spec that is lackluster in rated games.

While pyrotech is an enjoyable spec, it's unfortunate that every Powertech is expected to go pyrotech for competitve PVP. There isn't a single PT/Vanguard on my server that runs anything other than pyro in rated play. Even in unranked it is very rare to see a PT specced in anything other than pyro.

Andvanced Prototype has so many fantastic elements, and is a very rewarding spec. Unfortunately, a couple of nagging issues hold it back from being anything other than the spec you try when you're playing unranked games and are bored to tears with pyro.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Zekoisop
08.27.2012 , 08:03 AM | #64
Shield Tech 29/7/5

1. Spec percieved by other classes?

PVE group- It's good. Nice steady mitigation and not hard to heal. I think the group feels very safe with a Shield Tech
when we have to take on a lot of mobs at once but some might question the PT's ability to hold a powerful boss in a long fight due to our lack of more active cooldowns and our heat resource which is inferior to rage and force.

PVE solo - It's a tank spec and damage is too low to effectively level.

PVP - It's alright but subpar compared to pyro. Some healers love it.

2. My perception?

PVE group - I love it. I don't have a problem holding threat and I can still deal a good amount of damage despite being a tank. I feel safe taking on multiple mobs because of my great mitigation. Long fights with bosses are not really an issue and I can manage my heat well. I think it comes down to skill and effective rotations. There really isn't a difference with the 3 tanks that's very large but I do like the fact I have a Jugg's leap and a Sin's pull bundled up into one and I like the fact I have good AOEs and range to control a situation bettter.

PVE solo - It's not that bad. Damage is modest and with the right companion ( Torian or Gault) it's cake. True I can't one or two shot things like a pyro but it's not bad at all. I do miss my surge bonus to rocket punch. I PVE solo in my PvP gear since I have some crit and surge invested into those pieces. It's noticibly faster.

PVP - I love Shield Tech pvp. I honestly think its just as effective , if not , more effective , than Pyro. Of course you're not going to do nearly as much damage but you have a lot more utility as a trade. I like rolling with a premade healer at least. I have a handful of select healers I run with and some good DPS. They absolutely love what I bring to the table. Keeping the healer up via guard and taunts keeps the rest of us up. My damage isn't so bad either. Ignore me long enough and I become a viable threat and you will get forced to either fight me or avoid me which means avoiding my healer. I'm also a great delayer. I can hold a door or node for a ridiculously long time till my team comes and cleans up the threat. The thing with Shield vs Pyro is that you must be more a team player and you just can't rambo anything although when I hit my dps CDs I CAN put out enough damage to take out a medium/light armored target solo.
50 Vanguard - P5 ; 50 Powertech-Fatman , 42 Sentinel - P5, Thinking about making a Merc or Shadow. I hate healing. Give me tank or dps.

leegrisham
08.27.2012 , 03:09 PM | #65
Shield Tech
1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes?
PVE: As a somewhat viable tanking spec. As they understand it steady but lower damage. Able to guard and taunt like other tanks.

PVP: Able to guard and taunt. Poor damage. Ignored for the most part unless you make the other team mad.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
PVE: Tanking cool downs is worst of all the tanks. The powertech cool downs for tanking are pretty terrible. The 25% less damage shield is decent but the healing is awful, even when paired with the armor boost adrenal. Powertechs have no good cooldowns. Defense Rating is also the worst of all tanks, Powertechs can stack tons and tons of defense rating and not get close to a jug or sin, however a jug and sin can easily stack shield and absorb to match a PT. Passive mitigation is probably the best but on that point PT's main pluses armor and shielding are also completely ignored by almost every boss attack. So PT's are pretty good at tanking trash. If I had the choice in a raid team I'd pick a SIN and JUG.

PVP: I feel like I have pretty good control - more so than most people give PTs credit for. I can jump to targets and pull targets. When the enemies are stacked around me I can pump out good AoE DPS. I have a short AoE Stun that I use pretty much on cool down that adds a small bit of utility. Having said that - tanking in PVP sucks. Since almost every attack never sees my mitigation it makes tanking in PVP a nightmare. When I have somone guarded I am usually the first person to die and feel like I have no survival advantages over someone not tank specced. Less DPS, Low HP and poor survivability = WHY AM I HERE? I have to say pre 1.2 I enjoyed playing Shield tech in PVP because I had a really long lifespan and I could guard a healer and we could withstand the onslaught of an enemy team. Obviously we could never kill anyone but they couldn't take us down either and it was fun, now when I guard a healer we both die in a couple of seconds and it sucks. If I wasn't so heavily vested into war hero tanking gear now I'd probably roll a different spec in PVP.

iannbrown
09.03.2012 , 12:00 PM | #66
2 Things.

Jet Charge across all 3 specs, like the warrior has.

and for the love of god make retractable blade worth it!
Its such a cool ability and sound, only to hit like wet toilet paper.

Make it a finisher, below 30% hp it hits like a truck, similar to a warrior or assassins.
Problem solved.

P.S. Prototype flamethrower still needs some love. Having a highly mobile spec like Adv. Prototype only to have to stand still for 3 secs for your main damage ability in the tree...makes no sense.

TrumpetNut
09.04.2012 , 10:31 AM | #67
Everybody complains about our pyro spec but I have fought other pyros and they don't seem to be overpowered

af_raptura
09.19.2012 , 04:25 PM | #68
I play as a Shield Tech

PvE- Good solid tanking and AoE threat generation.

PvP- Not much utility. Useless shield capabilities. They would really rather that I switch to pyrotech for the damage.

PvE- Very fun and simple to play. I use almost all my abilities, though some more situationally than others.

PvP- I do well in a group setting, but there really isn't too much I can brag about as far as utility. I should have a bit more reliability on a slow as the one tied to my ion cylinder and rapid shots is mediocre and too short of a duration. Maybe a rework/buff to oil slick would help out the spec a lot.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.