Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Grimoir
07.16.2012 , 01:54 PM | #11
1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes?
PvE: Starting to get more recognition in PvE for being viable thanks to the AC's mobility as a whole.
PvP: I currently run a hybrid spec that has slightly less burst than pure AS/Pyro. Other players see me as a threat and usually try to burst me down as fast as possible.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
PvP: My hybrid build(seen in my signiture as Terminal Velocity) is super fast-paced and incredibly fun to play. I love running in and bursting almost as hard as a AS/Pyro while retaining incredible mobility thanks to Hold the Line and/or Hydraulic Overrides. Its great to watch turret classes waste their knock-backs as I pummel them in melee range.
~The Jykoor Legacy of The Bastion(PvP)~
Anasì - Terminal Velocity[Hybrid] Powertech - Level: 55
Jerïcho - Tactics Vanguard - Level: 55

TomC
07.16.2012 , 01:54 PM | #12

1. Solid Tank in PvE. Weakest tank in PvP
2. I really enjoy PvE tanking with Powertech. I'd like to see an AoE snare and/or AoE mezz in the shield tech tree for PvP. It is a big loss to PvP utility compared to the other tanks. An addition to the flame surge talent could be a good place for it.

I PvP tanked a lot as a Guardian and I really miss the ability to effectively hybrid spec for PvP tanking. I think the tanking cylinder probably needs a buff to make PvP tanking more effective or some of the talents in the Shield tech tree need to be cheaper so that you can pick up more PvP AND PvE talents in that tree.
Dristig Stormwarden - Guardian

Hadlis
07.16.2012 , 02:13 PM | #13
I only pvp with Pyro spec so all my responses are from that perspective.

1. I feel we are seen as the OP class and frustrate players with our burst damage and ability to tear down healers.

2. I have really enjoyed playing this class. The burst damage is key to wining games. With out PT's I really don't see how teams could kill some of the healers in this game. With out the PT's burst it would take 3-4 players to kill a healer....but with my burst it only takes one more player to focus them to kill them. I can make them ineffective all on my own.
Mercenary Bounty Hunter coming to a PvP server near you

Guild= FoE "Fist of the Empire"
Join here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=271844

thrakkemarn
07.16.2012 , 02:42 PM | #14
Pyro is seens as one of the highest damage specs in PvP, and a great spec for PvE DPS. I also play Shield for PvE, which is seen as a great tanking spec with probably the highest DPS of the tanks and the best armor by far.

I love Pyro and think it is top-tier for both PvP and PvE. I also think shield is the best tank currently in the game, with the best aggro, especially for AoE tanking, and the best survivability for most boss fights.

cidtheslayer
07.16.2012 , 03:41 PM | #15

1. As a ranged tank that has a slight advantage in survivablity over melee classes but less dps in that spec than other classes.
2. As dps powertech I perceive powertech as a stabby flamey death machine. I don't pvp with my powertech and he doesn't seem to have as much surivability as the tanking spec (duh). PROCS could use some graphical clues as to when abilities have triggered.
\.o. \.o. \.o.MASSASSI REBORN.o./ .o./ .o./
ịΞΞΞ||«»{███████████████████████████}

Izorii
07.16.2012 , 04:03 PM | #16
Good alrounder, good DPS good Tanking. Not a over powered class or a high threat in PvP but a good all rounder. Nice mix of skills and a non too complex system for special moves.
I dislike the fact we have meele and ranged abilities. Many of the attacks turn us into a meele tank where it would be nice to be a ranged tank rather than being very similar to SW. I did think the BH was the most powerful class in PvE but I think this is only because he gets a healer compaion first.

Shredbull
07.16.2012 , 04:49 PM | #17

I only play PvP, and from a PvP perspective I know that powertechs have similar burst do annihilation marauders, but nearly no survivability whatsoever. The burst is fine, railshot gets modified by all armor and reduction, it is white damage. It misses whenever a shadow/assassin pops shroud, it misses when warriors pop their 50% dmg reduction cooldown, and it misses alot on covers and tanks. I think the burst should definately NOT be toned down. It is equal to many other classes burst, assassins, rauders, and smash juggs.

I think mostly unexperienced players think pyro powertechs are too powerfull because they just get melted by them, but later on you will notice they aren't an issue unless they get heavy heals.

How do I percieve my own spec, well, I play pyrotech, always have. I did not roll a PT when it was a 'hot' class. I have always played it, when railshot could proc from every attack. When the 6 second timer got added to railshot, the heat fills up faster, and we can't spam it anymore. We have ALOT less dps output since that change. Our survivability is on the edge. I say we don't need any changes to the class as of right now. It should just be changed if all classes get a major buff somehow.

Pyrotech has the potential for high burst, but I barely see any good powertechs around, even though it's an easy class. That said, their burst is avoidable by learning when they are going to railshot, and an operative healer that clears DoT's from people will make a powertech's burst almost nothing. Railshot hits between 3 and 4k on dps players (crit) and has a 6 second cooldown. I say this isn't anything to complain about. I think if the class would get nerfed it will become quite unplayable and may have a MAJOR impact on many rwz teams that need to find replacements and a major impact on unhappy subscribers. The game is at a fragile stage right now, bioware is finally going the right way with their patches, and I don't think it's wise to change any class dramatically or even slightly at this point. The subscriber base is growing and I think the big nerfs have to be on hold for a while.

Sure, I may find marauders annoying, and they **** me on my PT. Do I think they need a nerf? No. I just need to play better, and eventually, they will be no problem. They is no such thing as an OP class in this game right now. There is only bad players. Bioware has their classes balanced perfectly right now, and if I were them, I would keep it this way. Most of the QQ is gone, everyone seems happy.

Any good player will tell you that powertechs may be annoying, they're easy to kill and they can't burst down a healer alone.

I find it sad to see that some people think differently and want a class nerfed simply and only because they cannot and do not know how to counter a powertech, or are in a bad bad team.

I hope this information was usefull, and I hope it helped you

CarverX
07.16.2012 , 06:55 PM | #18
1) They should view it as the best pvp class in game bar none. Always my target in pvp when on the other side, and in my opinion the most fun class to play.

2) Easily my favorite class of all, perhaps a natural match. Loads of fun to PVE and PVP with and always topping the list with ease in any decent match.
The Shadowlands

Zunayson
07.16.2012 , 07:05 PM | #19
ShieldTech:

1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes? I usually see people referring to us as tanks that tank well, but don't do great damage.
2. How do you perceive your own spec? I think our survivability is better than the other two powertech specs, and our damage is definitely worse single-target. For multi-target damage, it's a little bit better due to the new 1.3 additions.

Advanced Prototype:

1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes? Most people I talk to look at advanced prototype as being bad because the moves that are focused on don't do a whole lot of damage. Especially when compared to Pyrotech, people think AP is the weak spec.
2. How do you perceive your own spec? Advanced Prototype is the sustained spec that sustains damage due to the fact that they have endless heat with the prototype vent thingies, free rocket punches, and immolate which is dirt cheap. I seem to be most useful in longer, multi-person fights, as long as I'm not targeted. AP seems more like the huge AoE disher as far as Flame Burst, Explosive Dart, DFA, and Flame Thrower is concerned, and I feel the most useful when people aren't paying attention to me. I feel very squishy when I'm targeted, and do someone mediocre single-target damage to make up for it.

Pyro:

1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes? The one shot kill overpowered goodness that they seek.
2. How do you perceive your own spec? I'm not too terribly geared, so I don't see these apparent mythical 5k and 6k Rail Shot crits, but chained rail shots do tons of damage. Also, Reflexive shield lowers the cooldown of Energy shield to a mere 40 seconds if said powertech is constantly being attacked. For a burst damage spec, they sure do have a lot of sustained survivability. I would give Pyros burst everything, which may mean just increasing damage reduction by maybe 10 or 20% while the shield is up.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

sithterror
07.16.2012 , 08:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Hi

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

Thank you!
1) I am percieved as too much burst and good sustained dps. I am chosen for rated warzones more than other classes for my mobility and instant cast abilities for melee range. Other powertechs will not agree as we have limited defenses and can be kited once our grapple is on cool down.

2) I see me as a balanced class. i have more 10m range abilities than 30m ones, i build up heat quick if i don't be carefull and can lose a fight against a marauder or ranged dps if he slows, snares and stuns me attempting to do the same to him. my burst is based off my rail shot which is got a 2nd timer for its dual role use and flame burst has to be within 10m to even hit.