Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

CommunitySupport
07.16.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

vincent-
07.16.2012 , 11:04 AM | #2
1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes? Someone to jump in and absorb their damage and to keep the healer from taking too much heat.
2. How do you perceive your own spec? As it stands I should be seeing attacks that grab attention as well as causing problems for enemy players by lowering there attack or something else while having to keep people alive or an individual. What I see right now at the moment is something broken and useless as I feel like I can't even hold the damage that is sent my way as well as just mindlessly beating a player while trying to juggle moves that are supposed to lower the damage or threat of enemies.
"Bang bang, shootin' blanks every day."*chk chk chk*
Well, I tried.

Lord_Karsk
07.16.2012 , 12:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

!
Great class were every tree is viable and fun both pvp/pve.

Play a really fun anf strong spec that not many players play LINKFor PvP this is a really strong spec dualing/teamplay.
But i do feel that playing pyro tree with the 90% armor penetration is to much.The 60% armor penatration should be changed or moved higher up in Advanced prototype so 31 spec pyros cannot get 90%.

LordExozone
07.16.2012 , 12:39 PM | #4

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. I believe it is generally perceived as an asset to the team (be it PvP or PvE). The Pyrotech tree is miss-perceived as being too powerful due to its high burst damage in PvP, but I think people fail to realize that the Pyrotech spec sacrifices a lot of survivability in exchange.

2. The Pyrotech tree performs well but is very fragile. But I'd like the Advanced Prototype tree to be more viable than it currently is especially in PvP so it becomes a worthwhile alternative to the Pyrotech tree: Retractable Blade is a joke doing far too little damage, and Prototype Flamethrower isn't reliable in dynamic PvP environments (and doesn't do enough damage when you finally do manage to hit some people with it.)

Also, Powertechs need to be able to use blaster rifles like Boba Fett. Through a legacy unlock, special limited reward, whatever. Make it so!
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Malles
07.16.2012 , 01:00 PM | #5
I've played tank spec and DPS spec.

1. As a tank, I'm really popular, moreso than the Sith tanks. I think that has more to do with player choice than class mechanics; in my experience, most bad tanks I've seen were Sith players. As a DPS, so, so much burst. Lots of burst.

2. I love my class. I feel powerful with all that armor and gear.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

clearsighted
07.16.2012 , 01:16 PM | #6

I think that Powertech is generally perceived as overpowered by other classes. This is unfortunate, because both Shield Tech and Advanced Prototypes are perfectly well balanced - but it is pyrotech that everyone talks about.

I feel that Shield Tech and Advanced Prototype are both perfectly well balanced and entertaining specs, with their own drawbacks and advantages. Although, I wish the Iron Fist build hadn't been nerfed, at the expense of trying to make tanking more like World of Warcraft. However, I feel that pyrotech's incredible synergy, (with its pulls, 90% armor penetration, and most of all, flame burst proccing insta-damaging DoTs, snares and rail shot at the same time) has made it overpowered. A lot of people have rerolled as pyrotechs for ranked PvP, and it shows.

Ntranced
07.16.2012 , 01:30 PM | #7

Pyro spec - most classes see us as totally overpowered in terms of DPS particularly in PVP. Probably true at end game PVP but class doesn't start to compete well IMHO till later levels.

Pyro Spec: Simple to play, only downside is heat management sometimes but that got much easier at higher levels. Awesome in PVP with burst, lots of instants on the move. Haven't done any PVE to comment on that side of things. There are few (if any) classes I fear if I'm aware enough of my surroundings and heavy armor is a bonus.

CBRGhostRider
07.16.2012 , 01:35 PM | #8
First off, thanks Bioware, for taking the initiative to gather feedback.

For my answers, I will restrict it ONLY to the pyro tree, because that is the only one I have played so far.

Most people think we are overpowered. We indeed have the best burst in the game, but that is balanced by how squishy we are in the pyro spec. Most people don't realize the latter, and are quick to call for nerfs. I do not know if you guys are thinking of nerfing us again, but if you do, I ask you not to make the class borderline useless because burst (and some situational grapple/taunt) is all we have.

I have three 50s (juggernaut, mercenary and powertech) and for pvp I like this guy the most. I love the mobility of the powertech, and with taunts and grapple I get good utility. Like I said, I think the excellent burst is balanced by the squishiness of the spec. Haven't PvE much with this toon, but when I do he usually gets the job done. Overall, excellent playstyle, and good balanced aspects.

Neamhan
07.16.2012 , 01:42 PM | #9
PvE: Arguably the best of the 3 tanks in Shield Tech spec
PvP: One of the two best damage dealing specs in the game as Pyrotech

Pyrotech is overpowered in PvP, plain and simple. I can put out so much damage in such a short amount of time that almost nothing can stand up to it, and most of that damage is either elemental or has the ridiculous 90% armor piercing. I would say my survivability is about average despite a lack of cooldowns due to my heavy armor and since I can dictate range with my perma-snare and grapple so I can kite melee or get in the face of most ranged.

Naasir
07.16.2012 , 01:44 PM | #10

Coming from a Shieldtech's perspective:

1. In PvE I feel as though Sith tanks seem envious of my survivability. Other classes seem to have low expectations of the spec, but often I hear my groups say, "Finally, someone who knows how to BH tank." In PvP, I seem to be treated as a nuisance as I am best suited for harassing the enemy, with my taunts almost magically drawing their attention.

2. I perceive my spec as a versatile defense machine with unprecedented ranged utilities compared to other tanks. I boast impressive mobility being able to switch between a ranged assault and a melee fist fight on the go. If my tools are well managed, I have an answer to most situations.

(Also, I what I'd like more than a blaster rifle, is a way to mount my pistol on my wrist, and free my fingers up to flip the enemy a double bird)
The Sith Empire: We have rules for breaking our rules.