Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Hadlis
07.16.2012 , 02:02 PM | #21
1. pvp...aresonal spec. I feel we are seen as the easy kill and the least sought after spec for any sort of pvp.

2. Havning played the aresonal spec from launch till about 2 months ago I notice a steady decline in our damage and utility once other people learned to use interupts to make our class almost useless. The damage nerf wasn't needed and further hurt our gimped class.
Mercenary Bounty Hunter coming to a PvP server near you

Guild= FoE "Fist of the Empire"
Join here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=271844

metaldragen
07.16.2012 , 02:12 PM | #22
Bodyguard perspective.

1. How do you think your Mercenary spec is perceived by other classes?

In PvP - free kill if they know the class, otherwise I'm damn near unstoppable. In PvE, I get groups just fine as a healer and haven't ever heard of a group denying a merc healer.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

In PvP the only thing we're missing is an interrupt and a maybe a root on knockback. In PvE we're doing pretty well - heat management can be a little rough in certain encounters, but I still maintain that we're the best single-target healers in the game. Would like to see a buff to Kolto Missile though (either more targets or smart targeting) and re-evaluation of the purpose of SCG now that it vents practically no heat.
Roving Guns Jedi Covenant PvE
Texa - 50 Marksmanship Sniper | Lexah - 50 Bodyguard Mercenary | Rexah - 50 Immortal Juggernaut

Swalsugmass
07.16.2012 , 02:56 PM | #23
PVE is good and welcome to groups.

PVE arsenal less standing and casting more mobility, and please let us have a worth while jet pack skill.
Imperial Remanent

Obscuritas Illaina :: Bounty Hunter :: Mercenary

Paokzu
07.16.2012 , 03:04 PM | #24
ARSENAL MERC

1. I wont speak for others as I don't put much stock in what most of them think anyway.
2. In spite of 1., Wykedsynn nailed it with his post and so I quote: " the most balenced they ever were was right after 1.2 when tracers dmg was nerfed but heatseeker did 50% extra dmg rather then 25%, im fine with tracer not doing any dmg, but when my main hitters (heaseeker, and railshot) are hitting people with recruit gear for 2k on a crit, something doesnt sound right " This is with 5 tracer locks and heat sigs, granted they do MORE dmg but still c'mon now. But I wouldnt accept tracers doing NO dmg.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

Akam
07.16.2012 , 03:17 PM | #25
I think a majority of the playerbase views Arsenal as really good DPS (when played properly) in PvE. In PvP, it's pretty much accepted that when we are ignored we are are pretty good. However, it's gotten to the point that if anyone sees a merc, they are instantly focused down. /Freekill.
2. How do you perceive your own spec? Again, mercs do competitive damage in PvE when played properly but are a liability in PvP. All in all, they are a fun class to play but are a little complex, which is what I like about it.
hmd MAGENTA
5/5 NiM TFB | 5/5 NiM S&V | 5/5 NiM DF | 5/5 NiM DP

From Beyond | Dragonslayer | Gatecrasher

Twickers
07.16.2012 , 03:21 PM | #26
BODYGUARD

I was a healing merc till the 1.2 nerforama and then I gave up on it after trying to heal and finding myself constantly overheating despite watching what I was doing, it's just too frustrating to me to try and heal when I'm completely useless after about 10 seconds of sustained healing during oh crap moments.

ARSENAL

I like it and it's my current spec but it desperately needs some mobility to help it out, I think something that would help is perhaps allowing the unload proc to let unload be used while moving so as to give us some much needed mobility, it would also help to find ways to let other abilities be used while moving so we aren't as much of a turret.

I have no experience with pyro so I cant comment on it.

EDIT: Oh one more thing

GIVE US AN INTERRUPT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Hxxr
07.16.2012 , 03:33 PM | #27
My main character is a Mercenary, usually Arsenal spec but not exclusively.

1. Everyone dislikes the fact that I can't interrupt, no one understands this really.
My healers appreciate me being able to dispel myself and having a good sense when to use my two defensive cooldowns. Something I adressed recently, so everyone can be more aware on how to mitigate damage apart from not standing in the red circles.
I am the person who's asked about what spec to chose or what stats you should have in my operation ... I just like numbers and know my way around finding information quickly on the internet. While not being the raid leader nor wanting to be my vote in things concerning gear, encounters and similar is usually strongly tanking under advisement.
Usually I rank first in damage with an exception being Toth and Zorn where I sometimes am out-dps'd by our Marauder. Our group is equally geared and all DDs are full Q61 with my main-hand being an exception, which leads to some respect with my group despite the fact that being great at DPS'ing is hardly a useful life-skill and hardly hard at all.

2. I don't understand why I do that great in the meters, since I trust that other classes (eg. Annahilation Marauders) have a higher potential. While not unhappy I don't think Merc is a good damage dealer but that in some way others could improve their rotation (and most importantly use of CDs) and easily pull ahead.
I can't interrupt. Don't understand it. Don't like it.
My Merc has every good looking armor piece that's available - yes I'm a fashionist and a number cruncher - and Bounty Hunters have a loot of good looking gear available (Hydra Set, RD-15A Assault, TT-16 Powertech, etc). I like the rockets, especially since the animation of Tracer Missile was changed. The Legacy jet boost is awesome and I bought it fully upgraded just to finally use the jet pack more frequently.
A character with a lot of style and it's a well rounded aesthetic experience playing it.

Now for the bad part ... not performance but gameplay gives me some issues:
Arsenal is extremely one sided ... spamming TMs isn't good gameplay. Easy fix is to lower RS and HSM cooldowns. This would buff the damage output as a side effect, but it might just put our potential right where the top tier specs are right now. Anyway it would effectively decrease the number of Tracer Missiles by at least a small amount.
Pyrotech is a totally different beast and while it can be on par with Arsenal it is two things: luck dependant and clunky. And both reasons come from the same - imho not very well informed - decision to give the RS proc an 6 second internal cooldown. Due to unstable heat venting you rapid shot a lot sometimes and sometimes almost not at all. Also the fact that the cylinder has a rather low chance to ignite your target is sometimes a bit of an issue - espcially since I know the other Bounty Hunter AC doesn't have this particular problem.
Everything that makes Pyrotech well rounded for Powertechs is lacking when playing the spec as a mercenary.

/edit:
Almost forgot ... PvP ... no movment skill ... and as with the interrupt the only class that lacks this!
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Canis_Anubis
07.16.2012 , 03:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

I'm Pyro, I almost exclusively play PVE. My raid teammates don't seem to have any problems with my ability to execute, damage wise.

Quote:
Pyro is pretty good. It's certainly the most enjoyable DPS spec I've played of any SWTOR class. It's got good mobility, good range, a nice tempo, and the Prototype Particle Accelerator gives the rotation the fun shakeup it needs to keep from becoming overly predictable. If Pyro has a weakness, it's that it's not very good at keeping the range open. The ranged snare is based on a pretty unlikely proc, and the only ways to get back out to range are Jet Boost and Electro-dart.

ZionHalcyon
07.16.2012 , 03:44 PM | #29
Mercenary, Arsenal, Raider (I don't PvP)

1) Perceived as Most consistent DPS in game for raids. My guild prefers there be at least 2 Arsenal Mercs in 8 man raids, because it makes downing bosses in HMs and EC easier. Only Sniper is as preferred for ranged DPS in our guild.
2)Arsenal Spec for Merc is PERFECT. Has its tradeoffs (no interrept for instance) in exchange for consistant DPS, and is incredible fun without being overpowered. Please do not change Arsenal Spec for Merc as far as PvE goes.

Matki
07.16.2012 , 03:53 PM | #30
For raiding they are the worst healers. The more Alacrity you stack (which is all over high end gear) the worse they get as all it does is make them run out of heat to fast.