Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Nassik
10.24.2012 , 10:55 PM | #131
1. How do you think your Mercenary spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

1. My mercenary spec (arsenal) is a joke in PVP. I solo everything in PVE and have plenty of ability to succeed at it. But in PVP I'm dead meat. I can't escape a fight and I can't really offer much of a defense. Opposing players know this. Once I'm spotted in a war zone, I get jumped and slaughtered. As an arsenal mercenary, I'm not wanted in PVP teams.

2. I adore playing the mercenary and I like its abilities. The storyline is a lot of fun. I am thrilled with the PVE experience. Once I hit a war zone, though, the game does a turn-around. I know that I'm going to get killed over and over again and that the opposing team will be hunting for me in particular for the easy kill. I'm useless in PVP but I keep going in for the rewards. It's not fun, but I do it anyway.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

Onymus
10.25.2012 , 08:52 AM | #132
[Pyro Spec]
1. Other classes percieve me, I am a quick kill for them in PvP. About six seconds is all that is needed to burn me down. Don't leave me alone or I will kill you quickly and lock down your healers.

2. I do a LOT of damage. I feel good about that. I have a lot of damage dealing abilities. When I look at my quickbar it is full of damage skills. There isn't much else. PVE I have some stuns which are awesome. I wish I had some of those cool powertech abilities to mix things up PvP and PVE. I would trade some damage for those abilities.

DkSharktooth
10.25.2012 , 09:57 AM | #133
I voted a 1/5 for this thread because that is my class feedback.

Demonsong
10.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #134

In PVP I am preceived as food for the sharks.

I am tasty baked, broiled or fried.

I go well with virtually any type of side dish and beverage.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
You must be new here. BioWare doesn't provide feedback to its customers.

Henu
10.25.2012 , 07:17 PM | #135

I dont think BW will be reading this but here goes anyway..

1: weak. In PVP if we are cough by a Jugg/guardian we can be dead very quickly.... why they are immune to all stuns, knock backs or CC's, so a few good hits on out Heavy? armor and we are down. Merc is classed as a range class but our best ranged attacks are interrupted too much due to the longest cast time in game.

2: Ive stopped playing merc due to the new changes, once we had a small fighting chance but now i cant seem to get any distance on anyone. BW you have really lost the plot on this class. Really needs work over ANY other class. and FFS go back to the last resolve setup.. too many CC, stuns in this game.
Kripty / Snips

Kovage
10.25.2012 , 07:36 PM | #136
Perceived as a class that is very limited in abilities and not much of a threat. (Merc can't escape a fight like other classes) Can be beat one on one by other classes if given equal footing on the terrain and gear.

No interesting abilities that make this class unique. Other classes has force speed, stealth, leaps and pulls. Mercenary class has nothing except one push back which other classes also posses. Everyone says the Merc class is suppose to use the terrain, so give us an ability that allows us to use terrain. (An escape would be nice... or just give us back the old knock back to rocket punch as the new root is junk.)

Markisha
10.28.2012 , 08:09 PM | #137
I've played all specs so I'll say a bit about all of them (PvP player talking)

1. Arsenal - amazing damage until we don't get interrupted. Can't kill anyone except another merc 1v1. Very easy to shutdown. Haven't seen any respected team take it to ranked.

2. Pyrotech - Better mobility than arsenal, still need to cast in order to do great damage. Our damage suffers a lot if the opposing team know they can cleanse my dots and does it. Again, easily killed by any other class 1v1. Noone takes it to ranked..

3. Bodyguard (I think that's the name, healing spec) - Not that it's bad, but since in 1.4 sorcerer healers got a huge buff (lesser cooldown on force sprint, stun bubble, new self heal etc.) and operative healers were always best, we're on the bottom again. With only 5 healing abbilites and no utility why would anyone want us in ranked? You devs think that only because we have heavy armor we can survive as much as other healers. Guess what, we can't. We need mobility. We're heavily dependant on using cooldowns to survive.

All in all, Merc are the worst dps class for PvP, and the worst healing class in PvP imo. I don't see any good ranked team running with a mercenary, EVER!

In PvE tho we're more than fine
The Gragole legacy
Most amazing player world
Gragole - Sirmarkisha - Njok - Wwhewlpw - Bica