Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

CommunitySupport
07.16.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Mercenary spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

WaldoA
07.16.2012 , 11:12 AM | #2
1. How do you think your Mercenary spec is perceived by other classes? [Arsenal] Can do alot of damage to other classes if left to attack enemys freely.
2. How do you perceive your own spec? [Arsenal] Again, I feel I can do alot of damage if I'm left alone to attack, but as soon as an enemy attacks me I become pretty useless as we have barely any defensive abilitys or hard hitting instant cast abilitys, I also seem to die a heck of alot faster than my Powertech.

WykedSynn
07.16.2012 , 11:25 AM | #3
1. PvP wise dmg is overall weak and lacking, heals are not what they used to be, i have heard they do decently better in PvE situations.
2. Overall dmg and healing are terrible in pvp, i cant even farm comms to even try to get warhero gear, ive been playing a merc since release and they used to be so much fun, in all honesty i think the most balenced they ever were was right after 1.2 when tracers dmg was nerfed but heatseeker did 50% extra dmg rather then 25%, im fine with tracer not doing any dmg, but when my main hitters (heaseeker, and railshot) are hitting people with recruit gear for 2k on a crit, something doesnt sound right
The Worldbreaker Legacy
Starshatter, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
Darth Brutelus, Emperor's Wrath
Dark Council Member Darth Syphiss

Jackalcrimson
07.16.2012 , 11:35 AM | #4
Bodyguard spec

1. Never played with anyone that didn't enjoy the mercs healing or having one in the group.

2. Personally for me is hands down the best class in the game, with 2.2k AIM and 1.9k Endurance I can easliy double as DPS if need be and be on par with other dps classes on top of healing. Bar none this class for me is the most fun to play.
Pride of the Empire
Casual group of people from all over the world just looking to get our lightsaber attacks on. Check us out if you're interested in joining.

Codek
07.16.2012 , 11:35 AM | #5
I'm a bodyguard merc so...

This can drastically range between the opposing player and class in terms of PvP. Some may consider a bodyguard as near un-killable with the instant heals and defensive abilities., while other may look to me as a free kill knowing the class flaws and how to shut them down. With PvE we are just viewed as tank healer that can easily be replaced with an Operative healer if need be.

The lack of utility with the class can make it very stressful in PvP when you notice something and lack the ability to do anything about it yourself. SCG should be looked at again, I loved the utility it gave before 1.2 came out but after that, it almost feels like there is no point to it. Overall, I'd liked to see the spec require more anticipation and long term planning with abilities rather then the strict limited amount of moves that can be played within a 6 second window.
~Codek

Fettucini
07.16.2012 , 11:58 AM | #6
[PvE Arsenal] Ranged damage class than can be replaced with any other ranged damage class.

[PvE Arsenal] It's fine. No complaints. If I could change anything, it would be less "stationary turret" and more instant-cast abilities. Perhaps something in the skill tree that reduces cast time to zero for certain skills.
BOUNTY HUNTER
MERCENARY

Bjorkus
07.16.2012 , 12:12 PM | #7
Most people look down on dps mercenary because they lack the damage output and utility of other classes.

I've played most classes. This is the one I'm currently leveling. A couple of months ago when I first made this toon, it felt overpowered. Now it feels much weaker. It also feels weaker than the other classes I've gotten to 50 so far (Gunslinger, Maurader, Sage, Operative). In pvp I do ok by the numbers, but try to avoid 1v1 on this class. I enjoy the play style of this class, but find myself doing 50 pvp on other toons instead of leveling this one, because it feels just a tad too weak for me to find the groove.

metalgearyoda
07.16.2012 , 12:19 PM | #8
Your healing toolkit feels empty till mid game.

It is really awkward and I almost felt like I was forced to go arsenal to level before level 30.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Werdan
07.16.2012 , 12:26 PM | #9
First off, I've played as all 3 specs since June beta of last year so I feel I should be able to comment on all 3. That said, I'm currently playing as Pyro spec 3/7/31.

PYRO
1-No matter the dps spec we're usually considered a non threat and even as pyro spec we're called Tracer spammers for some idiotic reason. Easily replaced by another ranged DPS, particulary a Pyro Powertech.

2-As Pyro we can do fairly well but not without it's faults that are inherent to the AC itself. Being the most mobile of the 3 specs means we can break LOS a lot easier to escape incoming damage. Even then, I think we lack the defenses/utility to compete with classes like Powertechs, Marauders, and Snipers who all can do much better DPS with some added functionality within a group. Needs an escape mechanic.

BODYGUARD
1-Excellent heals and survivability but easily replaced with Op or Sorc healer due to mobility/utility issues.

2-Same as above. Energy Shield is a bit OP when combined with Power Shield and 2 piece gear set, with a guard it is basically godmode. Lack of utility or escape mechanic.

ARSENAL
1-Generally considered the laughing stock of Mercenary. Easily shut down in PvP.

2-Same as above. Even when I play my Pyro I gun for Arsenal/Gunnery specs as they are by far easily killed. When I play my Assassin or Marauder I can basically guarantee myself an easy solo kill against them. The spec needs a drastic overhaul from it's current state by making Tracer Missile less of a central attack source for so many buffs/debuffs.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

Noreik
07.16.2012 , 12:29 PM | #10
1. Bodyguard specs are a challenging kill but others are straightforward, with tracer missile spammers getting a lot of attention as they are perceived as skill-less, despite needing to spam tracer missile for the arsenal spec.

2. Just respecced from arsenal to pyro and the difference is HUGE. Now loving the mobile DPS role with dual pistols - the kind of character I imagined the gunslinger should be. Probably not as good 1v1 as a pyro powertech, but can do most of my damage at 30m to compensate.