Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Burtlebe
07.16.2012 , 02:53 PM | #21
lvl 50 Gunnery Commando PvE only

1) others tend to look at the commando as being week or less than others. What pvp I did we are the easy kill and yep its true.

2) while my commando lags behind on my personal parsering of my other lvl 50 dps classes (except poor scoundrel) I feel that they are extremely useful in ops. The individual fight in EV is a great place to see which class is weakest for dps as the commandos are usually last. I feel the recent changes have helped somewhat. Due to us having some heals and can fill in for many roles in a op if someone dies then I am not sure what could be done that doesnt then make folks think we are op. A very slight bump in dps I think is still needed.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

venomlash
07.16.2012 , 02:54 PM | #22
I play a Gunnery Commando as my main.
1. I feel the Gunnery Commando to be perceived as a stationary turret by the community, fine for PvE but often looked down on in PvP.
2. I consider the Gunnery Commando to be a versatile, hard-hitting damage dealer, with heavy damage and good survivability making up for limited mobility and the lack of an interrupt. I can switch easily between burst AoE and sustained single-target damage.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Musezy
07.16.2012 , 02:57 PM | #23
Combat Medic

1. How do you think your Commando spec is perceived by other classes?
The Combat Medic is currently considered by most players to be the the weakest healer. They were strong healers prior to the nerf (but not excessively OP'd) and did not deserve such a severe nerf.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I find the healing on my Combat Medic, post nerf, to be sub par. Hammer Shot is a particularly sore spot with me for two reasons: A. I can't use it to heal myself and B. it is a huge target marker in warzones. Mobility also continues to be a big concern of mine for warzones (particularly Huttball) and the lack of a snare or interrupt ability is a real handicap. Sadly, I have found more enjoyment out of playing a Sawbones Scoundrel, which provides greater mobility, more get-out-of-jail-free cards, stealth, snares, AoE instant CC... and it can heal just as well as a Combat Medic (if not better).
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝
SIGN THIS PETITION TO HAVE HAMMER SHOT'S LASER BEAM OF DEATH REMOVED FROM PVP.

zeshakha
07.16.2012 , 03:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Hi everyone,

Gunnery spec commando, PvE experience.

1) Ranged dps so that cancels out some of the lower dps pulled by the majority of commando dps players. Brings a little utility, but nothing that other classes don't. No interrupt, so don't rely on them to do anything but dps.

2) Ammo management is.. interesting to say the least. Can get a little burst dps, but sustained is quite a bit less than other classes. The offhealing can be ok, but only if you don't plan to dps when you're healing or you will be out of ammo and doing nothing.
Jung Ma <Night's Radiance>
Hirse- Sage healer | Zeshakha- Vanguard tank
Joleer- Scoundrel healer | Ortamek- Sentinel
Zaia- Shadow tank

Darka
07.16.2012 , 03:26 PM | #25
I have run into occasions where my Combat medic has been told they want a better healer, "like a sage"
Despite the fact that I am fully specced in it just to heal.
Might just have been bad luck but seems Combat Medic isnt considered a good healing option

Fionah
07.16.2012 , 03:28 PM | #26
[QUOTE=CommunitySupport;4860869][COLOR=#f9d648]Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. Gunnery Spec - worthless in pvp and pve - pure lack of dps
2. Same

Sipah
07.16.2012 , 03:35 PM | #27

I only play a combat medic:
PVE - Due to resource management issues, the last choice to bring to an Operation, especially HM.
PVP - Again, due to resource management issues, the last choice to bring to a pre-made or ranked WZ. Also useless against most 1v1 (post 1.2) and requires assistance from another team mate just to survive.

I really feel underpowered in PVE/PVP due to resources being so unforgiving (compared to other healers). The fact that I get interrupted/stunned so much in WZs is the only way I can have enough resources to heal, and by then my team mates are mostly dead since their healer was shut down. Reactive shield should protect against stuns too and not just interrupts.

BobTheG
07.16.2012 , 03:50 PM | #28
Commando healing spec, PVP

Others seem to love my survivability, but are dissappointed with the amount of heals i can provide.

I love that i'm a tank. I can selfheal and stay alive through practically anything. The amount of healing I can give is a lot lower than scoundrels, or sages, but that's balanced by my survivability. I suggest increasing the heal of kolto bomb a bit to allow for more AOE healing. Or possibly lowering Medical probe and advanced medical probe a smidge. .2-.5 seconds.

Deewe
07.16.2012 , 04:38 PM | #29
Playing a gunnery PvP:

• People think, for a reason, we are the most easy class to kill

• Not mobile enough considering we have to build damage and can't avoid melee closing on us.
  • Seldom win a 1vs1 fight with same gear
  • What I enjoy the most: KD, slowing, rooting others, and AoE prevent caping. That's the most helpful thing we have.

Finally AoE DPS can bring big DPS numbers but in most PvP encouters it does not really help. Because while you damage many you don't really help killing others. You leave them half dead but they are still alive while you and your friends are dead. PvP needs focused fire.

LeonHawkeye
07.16.2012 , 05:02 PM | #30

I have played both Commando DPS Specs in high end competitive solo, group and rated play and hope my feedback will be useful when it comes to end game PvP.

As Gunnery: Easy to shut down stationary turret and a quick kill. A joke when it comes to PvP but stellar to decent when it comes to PvE.

As Assault: Slightly less easy to shut down but still a quick kill and a crippled version of a Vanguard/Powertech speced into the Assault/Pyrotech tree. Not a significant threat, like the sting of a bee, it's annoying and uncomfortable but not often lethal.

As Gunnery: Preposterously, awkwardly and insufferably vulnerable to any kind of harass due to reliance on Grav Round and remaining stationary. Overly vulnerable to melee, interrupts and incredibly easy to shut down and lock down completely. This spec is supposed to be the bread and butter when it comes to this Advanced Class's DPS options but even when left completely alone, Gunnery's damage manages to be decent but nothing spectacular and quickly runs into Ammo problems.

As Assault: If played masterfully it is extremely difficult for an opponent to deal with but I feel the Commando skills/talent tree lack the cohesion and synergy the Vanguard Assault tree has, leaving the Commando's damage and rated/competitive potential far lower than that of an equally geared and skilled Assault Vanguard. The Commando's need to plant and cast less powerful 30m damaging attacks than that of the Vanguard's instant cast 4m-10m to proc Ionic Accelerator breaks the tree synergy the Vanguard has and leaves it in a somewhat dark and lonely shadow. I feel our Advanced class is completely overshadowed by the Vanguard Assault Spec. Why take a broken liability like a DPS Commando when you can take a fully versatile and able DPS Vanguard?

In closing, as a DPS Commando I feel I offer very little when it comes to Rated/Competitive and/or Huttball play as I do not have a speed boost, leap, pull, non-RNG based and readily usable snare or anything in which could help the objective of scoring a goal in huttball or saving an ally; in a DPS Spec the healing is not quick or significant enough to tilt the outcome of an evenly matched confrontation of 2 or more. Even in full Augmented War Hero the spec struggles to keep up with more versatile and PvP friendly specs/classes in lesser gear. Although I can knock opponents off the ledges in huttball and prevent a cap if the opponent is careless and ignores the fact that I am standing there, it requires that I first travel and root/turret myself to that point as well as my opponent being careless enough to allow for me come within range to complete the push (Concussion Charge, Talented StockStrike). Not nearly as readily useable, useful or versatile as other key abilities in huttball and/or rated play.