Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

07.16.2012 , 04:35 PM | #21
1. How do you think your Assassin spec is perceived by other classes?

I play deception and everyone in my guild tells me i should respec to madness for better dps,i dont get excluded but thats because i'm in a nice guild, my burst is a joke as we use marauders to burst down single adds (trandoshian warriors in kephess battle) because its faster and a healer doesnt have to follow them.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

I feel i rely to much on critical hits and boosted CDs like recklessness and relic procs to actualy get real burst damage out.
I feel like i'm just giving out low substained dps and feel happy when i can crit a discharge and shock without recklessness because i actually did some damage.
Even in full blackhole/campaign gear with augments i do not match the power/willpower of a sorc or marauder (strenghtwise).

07.16.2012 , 04:40 PM | #22
I played Darkness 31/0/10 and hybrid 23/1/17 mostly on pvp

1 - Most people regard Darkness to be the best spec for pvp since Deception and Madness dont really have the survivabilty or the damage that other DPS classes have (marauder, operative).

2 - I really like the Darkness assassin and the fact that you can hybridize it a bit with Madness if you want extra damage at the cost of more tanking abilities. I see darkness as a bruiser more than a tank because it deals very good damage and has good surviabilty but is not really tanky like a juggernaut is.

07.16.2012 , 04:41 PM | #23

I play multiple other classes, and I view people in my spec on the assassin as either "yay! free kill!" or "sigh, Assassin DPS? Can we boot him for a Mara?" Neither is good.

Fun to play, lackluster in performance. Deception Assassins lack overall DPS due to force starvation and long CDs on key spells. Other attacks have extremely limited useful. Let's take maul for example. Where is exactly is the "back" of a raid boss? Because for too often I get the "must be behind target" error when I'm clearly standing where it looks like the "back" should be. There is also no advantage to using this attack unless it criticals, which I have no control over. Some sort of crit proc on or for maul would go a long ways to improving the spec, as well as the removal of the saber conduit cool down.
There's no QQing in baseball.

07.16.2012 , 05:16 PM | #24

I play deception, or used to I have since retired this character,
Deception is largely perceived as an easy kill. That really is all there is to it, I have heard people say it all the time, its a free kill.

We do decent burst damage but not so much that we can take out a target before we are _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ( insert here- Interrupted, taunted, stuned, target healed) and generally do not have to force regen to sustain more damage and thus are forced to abandon to try again later or die. In addition we are insanely squishy, with a slow vanish cool down. Making us very unsuited for team pvp in a game where our only option is team pvp.

No reason at all to take a deception assassin over any other dps right now... it is by and large probably the worst dps specs to bring into a WZ
You will pay the price for your lack of vision!

07.16.2012 , 05:18 PM | #25
Deception player from the get-go.

1. The fact that we are passed up in every aspect of the game screams that we need a little attention. I as a raid leader myself couldnt justify progressing through endgame content or organized pvp, with a below average dps class with no utility. Not when marauders can damn near self sustain and Ops can do what we do, but with off-heals to help out in clutch situations. I have seen the excuse that since we have a tanking option we shouldnt pull as much damage as pure dps classes. I somewhat agree. However, i dont see Juggs/Guardians or PTs/Vanguards having the same issues with damage in their designated dps trees. Im not saying we should pull the exact same dps as maras or snipers. The 5% window is fair for that being that they are pure dps classes. I do however request that we be at least pulling the same dps as other tanking classes' dps options

2. I wanna state that i love my deception assassin. Its my pride and joy in this game. Normally i laugh at the players in forums with the "L2P" attitude. Its just not the case in this instance. The term i believe used is "Glass cannon without the cannon." I didnt believe this until i actually rolled some alts for fun. Im fine with being squishy and i understand the gameplay and mentallity of the deception spec. However our "Runaway" abilities to go with the gameplay are very lack luster and no where near as available as they should be. Combine that with something like the damage buffs that the snipers/slingers recieved and i believe that will put us on par. We really dont need much, but definitely some adjusting.

And thank you for doing this survey BW. I actually feel like we are taking a step in the right direction

07.16.2012 , 05:27 PM | #26
1. Deception is very nice and I like the overall gameplay style where you are hit and running targets and not supposed to face them head on. But I dislike very much madness because they are nearly 100% copy of sorcerer even the abilities making them basically ranged with inferior abilities! So far we havent got a true class who is master of doublebladed lightsaber combat yet because darkness is using the force more then physical strength to tank and for offensive abilities same goes for madness. Deception is more kotor era assassin and fit perfectly they are mixed force and melee offensive abilities along with stealth to hit and run or assassinate a target in either pvp or pve depending on gameplay style. Madness need a reward on the 41 point talent turned into a melee attack and rework to more favor the melee combat over force.

2. Deception feel unique in pvp and pve for it's gameplay and Darkness is not that bad aswell compared to jugg using more force powers to shield themselves. But Darkness is terrible because it's lackluster, clumsy and rushed (Great on the sorcerer) and just plain wrong and wierd. Madness should truly focus on melee prowness for the assassin to saber mastery combat with bleedings and additional melee attacks / buffs like the marauder annihilation and Shien vengeance from juggs.

07.16.2012 , 07:41 PM | #27

Useless/eccentric in PvE. Useful in PvP but the 3rd of 3 possible specs.

Great fun leveling. Baaad for PvE ops. Quite fun and excellent dps in PvP - underrated PvP. (has all the taunts and tricks of Darkness to benefit healers)

With skilled player on geared toon: OP in PvP. Best hybrid PvP option. Very good PvE tank. Poor at range.

For PvP, all assassins come with a slew of excellent abilities - more than any other class that I'm aware of. For the PvPer who knows how/when to use his CDs, can kill or survive any other class's onslaught. This the best all around tank class, imo. But it's not necessarily the best at everything.
JC -- Harb -- TEH

07.16.2012 , 08:40 PM | #28
Deception Sin here.

1. Most people I know consider Deception to be an unloved and overlooked spec. It seems like a flashy spec that was a bright idea but was implemented badly and feels unfinished.

2. I love my Deception Sin. I really do. The problem is, whenever I depart from the beloved realm of solo play and do anything whatsoever with other players, I gimp the group. It's a schizophrenic spec if you ask me. Hit and run without the run, glass cannon without the cannon, all in all, a disappointingly unfinished spec once you venture into group play.

07.16.2012 , 09:05 PM | #29

I play as a Deception Assassin (bear in mind this is more of a PvP perspective) I have a nice amount of burst on pretty much anything that isn't a Juggernaut (tank spec), Pyrotech (tank spec), and oddly enough even though people say it's weak (I don't know I stand by Deception) SOME Darkness Assassins. However, these are all tanks, but whereas I hit a non tank for about 1000 (average) Voltaic Slash I will only hit a tank for around 400, I know that they're a tank but that seems a little steep.
Overall, I think many other classes laugh at Deception Assassins, if not all.

I think overall, it isn't all that bad it needs a few tweaks with damage, I honestly feel that the talent in the Darkness tree which reduces Force Speeds cooldown by 10 seconds should be available to Deception Assassins, because we're supposed to be sneaky, however when fleeing from battle we don't have all that much I feel this would greatly increase our survivability.

07.16.2012 , 11:19 PM | #30
I currently play a 31/2/8 Darkness spec wearing DPS gear (PvP) and a focus instead of a shield. I've tried Deception and Madness specs but not to the extent I have with Darkness.

1-People generally think of my spec as a little OP in that I have good DPS, decent defenses, and self healing.

2-The spec does feel a bit OP at times, especially when in top tier gear as DPS, though overall DPS isn't as great as Pyro Powertechs. Unfortunately it is the best all around spec of the three for the AC. On the rare occasion I do PvE (normally hard mode flashpoints) in tank gear (with a shield) I don't feel as tanky as other tanks (specifically Juggernauts).