Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

07.18.2012 , 08:42 PM | #81
PvP viewpoint of a valor 81 sorcerer and valor 62 vanguard:

All specs:
How do others view sorcerers?
  • Easy, free kill
  • Weakest link
  • No reason not to target first
  • Crumples under even slight pressure
How do I view sorcerers?
  • An unfinished, gutted husk of a class
  • A poorly designed class of contradictions
  • The weakest link, crumples under even slight pressure
  • Relies upon good teammates and bad opponents to be effective
  • Aggravating to play when pitted against competent opponents

Corruption | Corruption/lightning hybrid specs:
How do others view corruption sorcerers?
  • A workable substitue if an operative healer can't be found
How do I view corruption sorcerers?
  • must spec at least 17 points into lightning for any semblance of survivability
  • synergizes well with an operative healer, but poorly with another sorc healer
  • 2nd rate compared to operative heals (sorc has better throughput, but that doesn't make up for a sorc's immobility while healing or the extent to which a sorc folds when under pressure).

Madness | madness/lightning hybrid specs:
How do others view madness sorcerers?
  • Actual quote from a marauder guildie as he utterly destroyed a poor madness hybrid sorc: "I don't know why sorcs spec dps. They're not good at it."
How do I view madness sorcerers?
  • I have lots of bad things to say, but they're all summed up in the general overview and in my posts on the sorc board.

Lightning specs:
How do others view lightning sorcerers?
  • lol
How do I view lightning sorcerers?
  • lol

07.18.2012 , 09:23 PM | #82
Sorcerer - Madness - 3/7/31
1. How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?
PVE - Low damage, low survivability, good cc though little use for it during operations
PVP - Low damage, low survivability, primary target for enemy dps and an easy kill (Almost worthless for rated warzones)
2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I feel like my AC & spec have poor damage and poor survivability. I have more or less stopped playing this character in both pvp and pve because of this. Until some changes are made I probably won't go back.

07.18.2012 , 10:30 PM | #83
Heal spec is terrible, no mobility, long casts and crap for force regen when under pressure.
Lightning is meh, no super burst Damage and the 31 point skill is a joke, CL does more Dmg and its on T3 (who dropped the ball?)
Madness is good for mobility in PvE and PvP (I don't PvP because we are like paper, but we can't break the surface if we wanted to and even worse if we are focused by more then 2 people or one mara/sent) is the only real option as we spend the whole segment running for our lives.

I am currently 0/10/31 and its ok For PvE with the mobility but as far as burst Damage goes and Damage over all I am 5/5 BH with 78% Surge / 36% Crit / 7.3% Alacrity / 932 Bonus Dmg / 2109 Willpower and Rakata Geared Mara's make me look bad. (I know I have one thats Carnage Spec 5/5 Rakata)

07.19.2012 , 03:58 AM | #84
Easy kill. If not heal spec no need to guard and first target any way.

Glass without cannon. Can make some troubles if no one see you, which is hard as you use lightnings. If some one on your back, run and don't turn back until you will be in safe. Useless in PVP.

07.19.2012 , 04:59 AM | #85
As a Sorcerer, I feel my class has lots of potential but even when played at its fullest in PVP, other classes out preform me. All I know for certain is that I am a support class, but what kind of support really? My DPS is less than my own sister class Madness Assassin, which makes no sense.
Is the Sorcerer supposed to be a Crowd Control class? Why is it then that many of my stuns and other CC abilities seem to be resisted or over shadowed by other "CC classes" that are not even mirrors of Sorcerers?
I also find that the damage done by "mirror" class the Sage is higher than my own damage, this is seen in many PVP WZs over time and in the open world. SAGES DO MORE DAMAGE.
People are going Assassin more not because it is their RP/Play style, but it is the highest DPS class out of the two Advanced Inquisitor classes.
Sorcerers who DPS, it seems (I would not know yet) are dispised on their own teams in Rank WZs? Has the DPS Sorcerer really become so worthless in the eyes of the herd in the end game PVP? If that is the case, then something is wrong with the current state of DPS Sorcerers.
Also, please refer to all posts by former member Daellia, resident expert on Sorcerer stats and equations. This guy knows his stuff and if he says we need a fix, we Sorcerers need a fix.
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion..." Ghandi was peaceful, now he is dead. Ghangis Khan was passionate and nearly conquered the known world.

07.19.2012 , 06:57 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!
This input is 100% based on PvP experiences. I don't do level 50 PvE content. I am also a healer/corruption spec.

1) How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?

An easy kill due to low class survivability and all stationary heals save for the resurgence dot. I am usually targeted before merc or operative healers.

- I agree with the answer to #1, however it's not ALL bad. I run a 21 point heal spec so I can do some damage dealing as makes sense in warzone scenarios. In this sense, the spec is more flexible then perhaps any other.

- the sorc class needs more defense, but not a ton more. Either by something on a modest cooldown or just improved damage resistance. We are too squishy compared to other similar role specs, but its not unplayable.

- The class could use a burst damage increase for the DPS specs.
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

07.19.2012 , 07:56 AM | #87
DPS: First to kill, easy to handle.
Healer: Can't keep sorcs alive. Both operative and sorcerer healers, sorcerer healers don't even try as they lack instant heals, operative healers can't stay alive while trying to keep me alive.
And they both honestly said that they are only healing me coz they like me as its waste of their gcds to heal someone that will die in next 1 or 2 seconds.

a little bit utility, very low consistent dps, can't ask for a dedicated ranked warzone spot as when we are against focused dps i literally die in 3 gcds.

07.19.2012 , 08:14 AM | #88

Good healer but with channelled casts and few instant heals (bubble isnt a heal), no instant recovery in emergency moments. They also don't always understand that to be the most effective we have to stand still to get the most hps. Squishy, with the lack of armor if sorcs pull threat they go down fast.

Turret Healer. So long as I can manage to keep everyones health above 70% at all times my spec manages to be successful. But with no last minute 'instant' heals there is very little recovery to get a group back up if more than one drops below 50% at a time, or more than 3 or 4 in a raid. Our instant cast heal is HOT and our instant cast Bubble isnt an actual heal and only soaks up one or two hits in a boss fight. To be effective we have to be stationary to make sure our channelled casts finish fully. Threat mitigation is nessesary, if we pull threat we die.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

07.19.2012 , 09:25 AM | #89

PVP: Easy to kill, low survivability. Vanguard/pt // Marauder//sentinels view us as candy in a free kill store. First to target, last to worry about making a difference. RWZ: Why is a sorc/sage on their team? It has to be a healer, kill him first.

PVE: 1)You're not a healer?
2) Reroll Marauder or something that actually contributes to the group. (Healer)
3) You can pull me out of fire.

DPS side of things: Horrendously the weakest pvp class in the game next to Merc/Commando DPS'ers. Little to 0 burst that makes a GIGANTIC difference (Our damage output needs to be increased, sustained damage means nothing in WZ // RWZ). Takes the most skill to play when it comes to kiting melee to kill them and that can only be done with a 31 point madness build. (also takes forever (By forever I mean 15+seconds) Lightning spec (31 point) is completely NOT VIABLE to pvp with. (weak damage/no mobility/ easily locked out) Bringing a DPS sorc to RWZ is a wasted spot since they'll be dead most of the time.

Healing side of things: The only possible RWZ spec (hybrid or pure) and that's only with guard. No mobility on heals + Longer base cast times on our *big* heals for the same value as a Merc//OP healer's 1.9 *big* heal cast. 3- 4 seconds make a world of difference. Bubble is a joke now with all of the 4.5K + Hits from every dps class in the game (Except from sorc/sages of course, our *burst* is not that high against geared opponents). Weakest survivability of all the healers

DPS side of things: The highest *Skill* appropriate DPS class in the game, heavily dependent on gear to put out *decent* damage. Currently in 4 black hole, 2 campaign, 2 war hero relics and 6 pieces of Rakata (lvl 58 mods) and able to do 1300-1400 DPS as a madness spec. Marauders and other DPS classes in similar gear (or just rakata gear for marauders) will out DPS me by the 100s. (With some exceptions of course) Both DoT's and Lightning Strike damage are too low. Thundering Blasts damage + cast time is terrible. It crits for the SAME AMOUNT as my tier 3 Chain Lightning (which is used instantly). Horrible 31 point talent. (Creeping Terror 31 point talent is weak in pve as well, it's only great for PVP)

Healing side of things: I think sorc healers are fine but have big flaws. Best AOE heal in the game. Dark Heal is too low base of a heal vs cost to ever be efficient over Dark Infusion // innervate. Dark Infusions base cast time is still too long. (It should be exactly what Kolto Injection and Rapid Scan's is). Piss poor force regen and consumption does not give back enough for the cost per tap (You're working against yourself) Poor mobility heals and no BURST // oh **** Heal.

07.19.2012 , 10:16 AM | #90
Just another DPS that will be the first to die. Don't revive the SORC DPS due to contribution. Problem during OPS if you are setup in Healing spec is you are out healed by other classes.

Weak and easy target. I've spent hours on end tweaking my Madness Spec and loaded up all 14 Aug's and still get beat out by another DPS class with less gear than me. I'm starting to move away from my SORC due to the fact folks in game want better options. (Tank and Other Class Healers) If I'm rotating at max speed and have all my spells setup I will run out of Willpower about halfway into a major boss fight. Again I'm maxd on AUG's that are almost all Resolve version. I've also got every Datacron for Endurance and Willpower (+10 too), so I shouldn't see a problem. All Rakata Force-Master plus gear (Couple BH and some Campaign too).

Healing is a waste as I don't have quick/short healing abilities so I DPS instead. Maybe a "Group" small healing cast is needed? So it's semi equal to someone with healing guns gradual increase.

I truely believe the SORC was nerfed too much during I think it was 1.2 or 1.1 patch.

Suggestion: Keep the endurance level weak, but put some power behind this class because having both crappy (IMO) doesn't make it fun. Increase the regen rate for Willpower as well would be a slight improvement.
Reference Link: Why not?
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics