Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Haylowood
07.18.2012 , 12:01 AM | #61
My Sorc is a healer.
1. PVE: Big Heals, great for multiple targets/AOE. Better choice for FP/OP healing.
PVP: Big Heals, extremely squishy.
2. PVE: Bad burst, great AOE. Consistently out-healed by the guilds Operative healer.
PVP: Too squishy to be useful, I rarely PVP any more because of this.

MrMoscow
07.18.2012 , 12:31 AM | #62
Full Madness DPS (I only play pvp)

1. I am quickly focused due to the possibility that I may be healing even if I am not. Quick kill for other dps, especially marauders/sentinels.

2. I feel that my dps output is strong but it is lacking in the burst output which is many times required. The number one complaint I have is the absolute joke of a knockback overload is. It's knockback distance is laughable and there are no secondary effects without wasting 2 points halfway up the lightning tree while bounty hunters and troopers blast opponents backwards and leave a slow with no point investment, and they have heavy armor, I don't understand the logic in this. Nonetheless, I like the DoT's and lightning too much to stop playing this class.

FerdinandW
07.18.2012 , 01:18 AM | #63
Just in case a new players opinion could be useful

I've only played SWTOR for about a week and mostly on my sorc (who is now lvl 21) as a PvE hybrid (mostly lightning).

1. How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?
Very strong compared to most other classes for PvE. PvP I'm usually the first to die.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I'm surprised how strong sorc is for PvE content thanks to our companion tank & whirlwind. PvP I feel is more of an issue of experience then class however I do feel that a glass cannon class should have more abilities that can be cast on the run. When I stop to cast people can catch up and kill me quite fast.

Himeraz
07.18.2012 , 03:04 AM | #64
1. I think i'ts perceived as an easy target which is not true in all situations but unfortunately is true when getting focused in PvP. Even with guard on getting focused in PvP will result in death 90% of the time unless someone else is also doing backup healing on me, and even then my survival is not assured.

2. My spec is (and always will be) a healer which works great in PvP if you can avoid getting focused. The heals themselves seem appropiate for situations faced but I've always felt that Sorcerer class needs some sort of escape mecanism or "panic button" for focus situations. Something along the lines of a short range teleport (Blink forward 20m or so) or a talent that allows 1 instant heal with a medium cooldown (maybe 5min).

KarmicBurn
07.18.2012 , 05:05 AM | #65
PvE I'm good all around. Most groups I've been in like the versatility of a spec healer that can also push out dps to beat engrage timers. PvP I know that I am effective as a healer and team member. If I split focus I'll come in second on healing but I'll be 4th or 5th on damage lists as well.

I'm still experimenting. In long fights I'm aggravated by the slow force regen of the Corruption. I spend almost as much time balancing placement of Reviv+Shield+Consumption to keep my force up as I do on actual healing. Madness/Lightning I have not one single complaint honestly. No force starve issues, sufficient procs to build a flexible rotation and all the cookies that the Dark Side has to offer.

Infalliable
07.18.2012 , 07:05 AM | #66
Currently a corruption healing sorc. Leveled as madness. Only PVE with this character.

Quote:
Good healing and support, especially b/c of the "purple puddle." People notice the Revivification puddles more than anything and welcome them in most operations fights.

Quote:
It's very good at healing large groups and has great longevity in it's resource pool. The generally long cast times are a real liability in any operation that requires movement (and generally why I don't PVP this character). The class really stinks in a heavy movment fight/phase, and is actually much worse in this regard than my sniper.

Works best in team with an unbalanced melee/ranged ratio.

More Details:

The only channel-less heal (Resurgence) has a fairly long cooldown and doesn't heal for all that much and you have static barrier on a long cooldown per party member as the other option. These are the only things you can do on the run. Resurgence is setup more as a skill meant to be chained with others rather than a really decent dedicated healing skill. It's not bad, it's just not a great as the only option when you're on the run.

For the unbalanced melee/ranged team makeup, having a team comprised mostly of one or the other allows maximum use of revivification puddles. You can easily use the puddles to give a good HOT and top off as needed. The more spread out the team (either by the team makeup or playstyle), the harder it is to heal.

For pure madness, it gets real boring late game as the only thing you do are force storm and deathfield against most trash, with a force lightning thrown in here an there.

neijas
07.18.2012 , 07:40 AM | #67
3/7/31 speced madness dd with strong preference to pvp:

1) PVE useful as ranged dd, PVP always target #1, downed in seconds if focused. Won't get into any decent ranked warzone team, as any other dd is preferable. Only groups that are either low in experience or don't value winning above friendship will ever take a sorcerer into a rwz.
The longterm steady dmg will do nothing good if the sorcerer spends 80% of the game behind the respawn doors and can't contribute any burst damage to take enemies down quickly.

Unexperienced players still consider us sometimes strong, as the board at the end of the warzone will show high dmg numbers, regardless of our AE dmg easily being counterhealed by AE heals and our dots trickling away and being healed most times.

2) I love my sorcerer, and keep playing him as my main char above my annihilation marauder, but I reckon the class only viable in pvp for random games in normal warzones, where I won't encounter any good and focused opposition.
As soon as any coordinated opponents are on the other side, I'll be rooted and stunned immediately and stay so until dead aprox. 3 seconds later, 10 if guarded and healed.
The rare occasion I play PVE it's ok, but then it's pretty obvious the balancing has been done for random games and PVE only.

All glass, little cannon, unless one is left alone in a corner to wreck havoc.

Riotsquad
07.18.2012 , 08:19 AM | #68

A lot of people thought we were overpowered due to having access to so much CC even tho its mainly a survival technique rather than making us unstoppable killing machines like some suggest.

We have a lot of utility, but take a lot of damage rather quickly if Static Barrier isn't up we're prettymuch just dead. Which I don't like, I guess we can't have everything tho.

pureeffinmetal
07.18.2012 , 08:31 AM | #69
I play 3/31/7 Lightning in a progression raiding guild. While I enjoy PVP, it is not my main focus and not my main concern, therefore my feedback will be entirely PVE Focused, and mostly Operation-Focused.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

My other raid members recognize Lightning as a good DPS Specc. However most of them know almost nothing about it. Despite the fact that we have 5 Sorcerers (including me), 3 of which are DPS, most of them have only known about Madness or Hybrid in the past, including the other Sorcerers in the guild.

As far as the general consensus goes outside of our guild? To most people there is no reason not to just bring Marauder for melee and Snipers for ranged DPS. They are the best DPS classes and have more utility than any other classes as well.

Furthermore the overwhelming majority of people believe Madness to be a superior specc (mostly because the rotation is easier to grasp, more on that later) as well as being more capable in PVP.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

I could probably write a essay about this, so I'll try to be short. I love my specc's play style wise. I have 5 classes at level 50 and the Lightning Play style is still easily my favorite. And in the right hands it can put out good dps.

My problem is, while I remain competitive in our guild's damage meters, I feel as though it is more personal skill than class power. Suffice to say I could probably (and in the past have) out-dps myself on another AC.

I believe the skill cap to play a good Lightning Sorc is very high, and the rotation is very unique to any other of the AC's I have played. Most of them involve a multi-skill rotation/priority list they must balance with an resource pool. Lightning takes the resources (nearly) out of the equation but adds in multiple procc's, spells on short cooldown and Dots to keep track of, resulting in complexity most find too difficult (but I enjoy). Its also one of the harder AC's to have full uptime in high-mobility situations. Its unlike any other class I've played in game (and part of the reason I love it).

I mostly think the specc is in a good place but could use a minor buff, either to personal DPS or raid utility. Sorcerers (and Mercs) have no utility as a DPS class. There is no off healing in this game, I am not needed to combat res (as sooo many people can, and its only once per fight anyway). At best I bring an extricate to the raid, which I seldom have to use for aggro purposes with recent tank buffs. I mostly only use it to keep someone from doing something dumb.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Issreolira
07.18.2012 , 09:08 AM | #70
Heals spec sorceror

1. A great pve healer, not as desirable in pvp.

2. Great for burst heals and AOE heals. Less survivability than any other healing class. Needs a shorter cooldown on resurgence.