Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

DarthEndonae
07.28.2013 , 07:05 PM | #191
I am PvE Lightning DPS Spec. I haven't done much PvP at all.

1. There are much better classes out there for DPS.

2. I love that we don't have any resource management issues for lightning DPS (don't mess this up please). In PvE, I don't find myself to be squishy, as Unnatural Preservation, Force Barrier, and Static Barrier keep my health pretty high. I do think that our DPS needs a little bit of a boost though (I also agree with what other people have suggested to improve our DPS, like an Execute ability and increase the damage of Lightning Strike) I wish we had some sort of way to not only tell which Affliction is ours (like having multiple sorcerers in an ops group), but I'd also like to see a countdown on the debuff (besides when you roll over it), so you won't make any mistakes about activating a thundering blast too late and it not critting because of it.
Endonae - Sorcerer--Ticoria - Sage
Felzuun - Mercenary
Ardenia - Juggernaut
Nalisk - Sniper

Pegjot
07.28.2013 , 07:09 PM | #192
Removed.
ZAHJ of Harbinger ● And then there are all my other toons...
Zahja Zahjin Zahjic Zahjex Zahjon Zahjia Zahjora Zahjelle Zahjen Zahje
Zahjei Zahjer Zahju Zahjina Zahjedi Zahjo Zahjette Zahjie Zahjess Zahjessa Zahjus

Slinnak
08.05.2013 , 09:22 PM | #193
Madness: I play madness a lot, especially in PVP. I think other classes view it as a low dps spec and not a very helpful spec for wz teams. I like it because it gives tools that help me survive and escape. I see kiting as my only chance of survival since I have no defensive cds or stun immunities. As madness/sorcerer in general you really got to play smart and be careful otherwise you will get jumped by a group of players and be defeated really fast. I think the spec could use more defensive traits, a dps increase and also the dots should be changed so that you can't purge them away so easily. The spec uses lots of dots so that can be a problem in PVP.

Lightning: I've been playing lightning a lot recently, mainly for PVE. I will keep this short since it's getting long. I think other players view it as a descent dps spec and probably the best choice for sorc dps. I feel for PVE it's great because of its good force management and burst dps but in PVP I feel like an easily destroyable turret.
Dark Lord of the Sith
Champion of numerous PVP tournaments
C.E. owner and Founder

xKreisx
08.13.2013 , 09:04 AM | #194
1:Useless crap.
2:Useless crap.

Neosamuel
08.18.2013 , 03:43 AM | #195
I tend to switch between Lightning and Madness focusing on PvP. I have dabbled in Operations, but I enjoy the unpredictability of PvP more. I do play a healing role even though I will throw a heal in between battles and use unnatural preservation. I will be speaking on PvP DPS matters.

1. How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?

Easy target, we are without competition the easiest class to kill. We have one defensive move that actually allows us to continue attack or at least attempt to escape. Even the bubble stun is only useful against a small number of attackers (aka melee only). Lightning has more power then Madness, but that is only because it is not as easy to mitigate.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Weak, neither deals enough damage to make up for the lack of defenses. The only way you stand a chance in PvP is to find a buddy and not get focused on. Sorcerers need either more power to put the cannon into its glass cannon status or more survivability so that a sorcerer can stand on their own against an equally geared and skilled player.
Sith Sorcerer
(((((((({=}[[ Now teach me how to make a Lightsaber Sig.

Tazmynn
08.18.2013 , 11:04 AM | #196
1. In PvP we are targets, because we're seen as very squishy and don't have any real defensive cooldowns. (Applies to all specs)

2. In PvE it's mostly good, but in any situation where we have to be on the move I feel kind of useless. Especially as lightning or heal spec, because those have lots and lots of abilities you have to sit still and cast. That doesn't apply to madness or hybrid as much, but it still kind of does since a lot revolves around using force lightning to proc wrath. In PvP as healer I feel useless and an easy kill unless I have 2 other healers that can heal me through being attacked so I can do my job, then I can heal pretty well. As dps I'm still a pretty easy kill and I have a tough time with targets moving around. I never find myself able to match the dps of good warriors.
Tazmynn Hilron
Madcatter
The Alizarin Legacy
<The Nightmare/Horizon Legacy>

Lithinon
08.19.2013 , 02:09 AM | #197
1. Madness Sorcerer PvP: Easy kill.

2. Madness Sorcerer PvP: Maybe I can poke my head out.... just maybe. Here let me try.... nope dead.

Wow, I used to be great. What happened? No, 360 degree knock back, no instant whirlwind... a few other nerfs. Oh, now I see the problem. Well, maybe static barrier will protect me? Nope it went down after one hit.

wwkingms
08.19.2013 , 04:41 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithinon View Post
1. Madness Sorcerer PvP: Easy kill.

2. Madness Sorcerer PvP: Maybe I can poke my head out.... just maybe. Here let me try.... nope dead.

Wow, I used to be great. What happened? No, 360 degree knock back, no instant whirlwind... a few other nerfs. Oh, now I see the problem. Well, maybe static barrier will protect me? Nope it went down after one hit.
we're not absolutely helpless,

madness 1v1 is VERY powerful especially with line of sight

and lightning can be devastating in a group..

we just dont have shorter cooldown defensive help like most other classes have for every encounter

i also dont like anyone comparing us healing to operatives or dps utility to snipers

its clear we fall behind but to me at least, those are broken classes at the top of the food chain

i WILL compare us to mercs however

arsenal mercs are underrated and indeed very powerful, their burst potential is i think, higher than that of sorcs with short cooldown defenses, snare/root/knockback/pull immunity, energy shield, kolto overload
NIHIL

THE BASTION