Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Feedback


Hairyzac's Avatar


Hairyzac
12.16.2012 , 09:45 AM | #171
You are depressing me guys.

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
12.16.2012 , 02:36 PM | #172
Lets seethe on some happy thoughts guys.....common
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Edonidd's Avatar


Edonidd
12.18.2012 , 06:46 PM | #173
Full madness Sorcerer here.

How am I perceived by others? I know when I play other DPS classes I look for anyone wearing robes because I know it is my best chance to get 5k damage medals, solo kill medals, and increases my overall damage compared to attacking anything else. Sorcs are easy kills, and won't do any damage to me quickly either, so I will be near full health going forward.

How Do I perceive our class? It is fun, as long as you don't PvP and don't look at the numbers. I feel like I am doing a lot more damage than I actually do. So as long as somebody else on my team is carrying my weight it feels like I am an important part of a team.

Khazdhea's Avatar


Khazdhea
12.18.2012 , 09:27 PM | #174
To be honest, I believe people who do not play sorcs consider them useless in pve and pvp. The worst thing you could have done for them was take out Wrath's ability to proc chain lightning. Why would anyone want to take a sorc which in BIS gear is lucky to parse 1.8k in BIS gear, over a mara that can parse 2.1k-2.2k, a powertech that can parse 2.2k-2.3k, or a lethality sniper which pulls 2k in its sleep. Don't try to feed me the line, "well sorcs have good aoe dps." Powertechs have huge AOE dps and so do lethality snipers, but you felt the need to give them amazing burst dps, sustained dps, and aoe dps. I play a sorc, a mara, and a powertech. My sorc is BIS and the best parse i ever got was 1850 dps. My powertech is in black hole/camp gear with a hazmat level barrel and can pull 2100 dps and uses 4 buttons!!!!!!!!!! My mara can pull 2k as carnage or annihilation. The disparity between sorcs and other classes is huge. To be honest, buffing the lightning spec for a sorc is a slap in the face. If you have to move at all in a pve fight, which all pve fights involve movement, you lose a ton of damage as lightning which makes it still less effective than the hybrid tree. Another nice buff sorcs could use to dps is a finishing move on targets below 30%. Give our dots 30% increased damage like pyros get. Or lethality snipers get damage increase and a takedown on targets below 30%. None of those show up in dummy parses and they still murder sorcs. As a raid leader, I would never choose a sorc over anything, but an operative dps. Even with wrath's ability to proc chain lightning sorcs still would not pull the same single target numbers as a mara or PT. They might be close to a lethality sniper with the wrath proc of chain lightning. I would seriously like everyone at bioware to consider this thread because I am not ranting or being impolite. I am stating facts that any member of your dev team should able to identify own their own. I could care less about pvp on my sorc, but sadly they are even worse in pvp than in pve. Juggs can kill a sorc in less that 5 seconds and I have seen it happen a lot.

XVIMAFIA's Avatar


XVIMAFIA
12.18.2012 , 09:32 PM | #175
As a Sorc, I stopped PvPing after I reached level 50.

Eres's Avatar


Eres
12.23.2012 , 05:33 PM | #176
It's been a year since I created my Sorcerer. My character is now in half-dread guard/half-Campaign for pve and full War hero set with few mods from Elite Warhero for pvp.
It's good to heal with healer sorcerer, but every time I try to compete with other classes in dps(maras, snipers, pyros), I lack damage. I've tried many builds and I am really not so bad. Other guild mates laugh at sorcerer class: it's useless, it can't do real damage, they can only be healers etc.
I've tried hard to prove them wrong, but playing as sentinel and pyro just proves that sorcerers are really useless: our AoE are weaker, our armor is thiner. we don't have any real boost.
The only class that is worser in dps is operative.
Plz, don't forget about this theme, I really need some of this gear.
Especially this mask:
http://i.imgur.com/DRrtU3h.jpg

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
12.26.2012 , 07:50 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Eres View Post
It's been a year since I created my Sorcerer. My character is now in half-dread guard/half-Campaign for pve and full War hero set with few mods from Elite Warhero for pvp.
It's good to heal with healer sorcerer, but every time I try to compete with other classes in dps(maras, snipers, pyros), I lack damage. I've tried many builds and I am really not so bad. Other guild mates laugh at sorcerer class: it's useless, it can't do real damage, they can only be healers etc.
I've tried hard to prove them wrong, but playing as sentinel and pyro just proves that sorcerers are really useless: our AoE are weaker, our armor is thiner. we don't have any real boost.
The only class that is worser in dps is operative.
im in full warhero with 1 piece ewh

i just pug and i almost always lead and dmg and still throw out about 100-200k healing from tossing bubbles and saving my own hide

that being said our dmg is very lacking and the key to doing alot of dmg in a warzone is situational awareness and placement

also for these 1v1s maras u need ot kite as much as possible, pt's u need to use ur knockback/sprint after they grapple u and keep max distance and snipers u need a line of sight cause although there dmg is ridiculous it usually needs to be casted

sorcerers in their current state are not for the faint of heart and do take a moderate amount of thought and skill to play well

i compare us to snipers, who have better defense, counter warriors great, and have out of this world burst and i get jealous.. the only thing we have on them is mobility
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Cuppcake's Avatar


Cuppcake
12.26.2012 , 01:03 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
im in full warhero with 1 piece ewh

i just pug and i almost always lead and dmg and still throw out about 100-200k healing from tossing bubbles and saving my own hide

that being said our dmg is very lacking and the key to doing alot of dmg in a warzone is situational awareness and placement

also for these 1v1s maras u need ot kite as much as possible, pt's u need to use ur knockback/sprint after they grapple u and keep max distance and snipers u need a line of sight cause although there dmg is ridiculous it usually needs to be casted

sorcerers in their current state are not for the faint of heart and do take a moderate amount of thought and skill to play well

i compare us to snipers, who have better defense, counter warriors great, and have out of this world burst and i get jealous.. the only thing we have on them is mobility
Yes and no. 1v1, sure. I can kill just about every class given the opportunity to LOS and kite, however it takes ages.
TTK in this game is extremely short, except if your DpS'ing as a sorc/sage.
Thats the pickle! In objective based PvP we don't have the luxury of time or even space to do that, and its almost never 1v1.

Yeah there's counters to everything, but they don't work well. Even with a plethora of peels chances are if they want you dead, you're dead.

Man I remember looking at beta footage and devs talking pre-launch. They were saying there is no real burst in this game, saying stuff about TTK being long enough to always have a fighting chance and make PvP very enjoyable. What a load of crap.

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
12.29.2012 , 11:59 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuppcake View Post
Yes and no. 1v1, sure. I can kill just about every class given the opportunity to LOS and kite, however it takes ages.



Man I remember looking at beta footage and devs talking pre-launch. They were saying there is no real burst in this game, saying stuff about TTK being long enough to always have a fighting chance and make PvP very enjoyable. What a load of crap.
But it WAS LIKE THAT, before 1.2. And thats why SWTOR was very well received. Even the Devs themselves stated that since they didnt design the game around PvP they were surprised by the actual number of people who were out there treating PvP seriously.

Well not exactly like that but higher TTK overall 1.2 made for some very tactical battles. Althought i think pre 1.2 healing was too strong for the low TTK, they should nerf healing NOT TTK.

They actually did both, healing got hird hard with the expertise nerf and TTK tanked like no tomorrow. thus transforming our game in a freaking rape fest for the devs "prefered" classes, we know which ones they are.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
12.31.2012 , 12:00 AM | #180
I mostly do PvP with some end game PvE. I am in full WH with three EWH items. I play corruption/lighting hybrid.

PvP:
How others view the class: people that do not know any better think its the weakest class in the game. Sorceress can't do any damage and die way too fast. People who know better understand that back lash and overload bindings can be pretty powerful (and some poor marauders thinks its overpowered!), and while the class is not the favored healer, its is needed in the WZ for battle control.

How view the class: for corruption/lighting hybrid, the class has huge impact on the WZ. My role is healing and disturbance. Fully loaded static barrier (2 secs CD, 20% more damage and backlash) is very powerful. Class has reasonable burst healing, great node protection and good kiting capabilities. No matter how well you play as a healer, operatives (equally skilled and equally geared) can out heal you. The value of sorceress is in battle control provided by backlash and overload, while simultaneously saving allies from death by barrier followed by resurgence and dark infusion, which can provide an ally a total of 10K hp in roughly 4 secs.

Outside corruption/lighting hybrid, class is difficult to play in PvP. Full lighting lacks the burst and sustained damage, and the fact the you need to cast half your attacks in a fast moving WZ environment makes it extremely difficult to compete. Full madness is even worse. You will lose the backlash and bindings from overload, making you extremely fragile. Won't take a shadow or sentinel more than 10-15 secs to kill you. In terms of damage, death field provides some mild burst, but everything else in the tree is not that effective in WZs. I think the whole madness tree need to be scarped and resigned, its not much different than lightning and does not provide much utility. Full corruption is a stronger healer, but no battle control and easy target.

Sorceress as well have diminished return in having more than one on a team. If you are not corruption/lighting hybrid, you are not needed, and one good sorceress is all you need to spam barrier. Two is bearable. More than that its auto-defeat, due to low damage output.

PvE:
How others view the class: For healers, I think they are fine. For dps they are considered the worst end game dps.

How view the class: For leveling solo, alright, but boring. Damage is not all that great and healing companions is not fun. I have not done much end game PvE, but full corruption is good enough to heal FPs and Ops.