Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Burtlebe
07.16.2012 , 03:08 PM | #21
lvl 50 PvE Tanking

1) Considered weakest tank due the changes making them squishy.

2) I still consider it to be a very fun and enjoyable class but my healers have noticed a bif difference in the amount of damage I take now. I think maybe a point halfway between where we was and where we are now would probably be good.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Altheran
07.16.2012 , 03:46 PM | #22
Kinetic & Tank gear - PvP only.

1. I suppose I'm percieved as a noob, a moron, or whatever insult that implies I can't play properly, becuse I wear Tank gear. Tank gear only allows me to have a little bit of additional survivability, while i totally dump my damage output. My ennemies probably see me as a nuisance, but not in the good way, not as someone who must be taken down, but as someone who just distracts the attention like a fly turning around your head.

2. I don't see myself as a tank, but as an hybrid altough I do all I could in order to be the more "tanky". What really pisses me off, is that when I get caught in a solo fight against an ennemy like a Bounty Hunter or a Inquisitor, I know that even if I'm supposed to be a tank, most of the time I can't do anything but use my Resilience and that's all. In a group fight, my only purpose is to guard and taunt, but guard is mostly suicide because of my average survivability, and taunts can be used whatever the spec and gear are...

DecanAndersen
07.16.2012 , 03:53 PM | #23
Full tank spec with mix of WH and BH gear.
I have left my shadow, as our guild failed to kill Kephess with two shadow tanks in normal mode, 20 times.
I changed to my guardian there is only full BM tank geared, and we one shotted him.
So now my shadow is on standby......
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

VigDiath
07.16.2012 , 04:03 PM | #24
1. How do you think your Shadow spec is perceived by other classes?
My main class is Tank (Kinectic Combat)
I've seen posts where some perceive us as overpowered in pvp because of the utilities but underpowered in pve environments. It takes a lot to keep a Shadow healed in hard tanking situations.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
Great utility in pve. We can CC, stun and slow mobs in addition to being able to tank. We are very squishy especially with the recent updates. Our most recent pvp nerf made us harder to play in pve.
I dislike the idea of 'nerfing' any classes, but instead classes should be brought up to balance with other classes rather than take away.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Karyia
07.16.2012 , 04:18 PM | #25
I play Infiltration Spec mainly, but have played all 3.

Infiltration spec is perceived as an underpowered DPS spec in both PvE and PvP, while Kinetic spec is perceived as overpowered in PvP and competitive in End Game PvE as an off tank.
For Flashpoints and Story content, there appears to be no negative perception to any spec shadow other than most players assume all shadows play the Tank spec due its utility.
For HM OP's Balance and Kinetic appear to be valued more than Infiltration due to there being the perception that sustained DPS is superior in high end PvE content than burst spec with low utility in a raid setting.
For PvP Kinetic is often perceived as being over powered as their group utility is very high and that spec is also very durable, while the other two specs are considered inferior for damage dealing although Balance spec plays better due to the nature of group play in Warzones. Infiltration is often considered subpar in a group setting due to their reliance on cooldowns to be effective in burst damage and low group utility value.

I personally love the flow of my spec. I like that it has a basic rotation feel too as I'm not as big a fan of priority systems, but the rotation is too static and predictable in PvP. There is no flexibility in order of attacks for max effectiveness. Also, initial burst is reliant on double cooldown usage and once that is over, sustained dps is lackluster and any escape moves are unfriendly to the team. Infiltration spec is great for small scale PvP but brings nothing to the table in objective play outside of the potential quick kill of a soft target. Warzones are objective based and rely on team synergies in the meta game to be effective. Infiltration specs do not play well with others and that has to be looked at.

dipstik
07.16.2012 , 04:40 PM | #26
1. I have had to heal shadow tanks, and they are the least fun to heal by far. They take huge amounts of damage in the blink of an eye, and unless they are contantly popping cooldows (which is honestly more busiwork than fun timing) they will die in two blinks.

2. Playing my shadow tank is a ton of fun when I'm not dying due to unnessasary nerfs. being able to disappear and cleanse myself is awesome, but losing all of my armor and self heals as soon as I hit 50 (which was one week before 1.3 hit) was not a pleasant experience. the number of cooldowns that I need to rotate seem,s endless, and the fact that I have 6 "oh crap" buttons, and that I have to use one or two of them every time I get burst damage, seems crazy.

TheCynic
07.16.2012 , 05:13 PM | #27
I play an Infiltration spec in PVE OPs and FPs.

1) How do others see it?
They don't. It is looked at as a low DPS spec, and it seems to be played by so few you almost can not find information about it on sites that deconstruct all the mechanics of MMOs. Oh and the Devs see it as a solo ONLY spec...which I am upset about.

2) How do I see it?
It is an ok spec, I can tell from playing and from parsing that its not that great. We lack any ability to close the gap, which means on a joust we have too much down time. once we unload in PvE we kind of just stand there waiting for regen/using our free ability before we can build up and unload again. Oh and I see stealth as nearly useless in endgame PVE because there is no synergy in our skill set
The Crew Skills button must also be a UI bug like the HIGH setting for textures.

_Mech_
07.16.2012 , 05:16 PM | #28
Balance Shadow (10/0/31)

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

PVP: Balance Shadow (dps shadow in general actually) seen by others as a sub-par dps class for pvp. Other classes prefer to see a Kinetic Combat Shadow, or simply another dps class

PvE: Balance Shadows seen by others as the preferable Shadow dps spec for pve but most would prefer to run with a Sentinel for melee dps.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

I think the Balance Shadow has acceptable damage output for most current content.

But I think the level of "utility" and "survivability" that is advertised with the class is overblown when considering end-game content such as Operations and Ranked Warzones. The spec is soft with only brief defensive cooldowns and a hazardous Force-Cloak that prevents incoming healing. Stuns are on a relatively long cooldown (which often are useless in Operations anyway). The idea of self heals seems well placed, but currently seems to add little to the overall survivability.
The Born Legacy
The Harbinger
Daishi - Infiltration Shadow
Sunder - Combat Medic Commando

ProKsnNwk
07.16.2012 , 05:33 PM | #29
My opinion:

Infiltration

1. How others perceive it?
PVE: Weak DPS, will rather have any other class as a DPS.
PVP: You can ninja cap the doors, turret, etc. but they will rather have OverPowerd Sentinel or Guardian.

2. How I think about it?
PVE: I like the Infiltration spec, thou, it lacks flexibility, and the DPS, your Out of Force quickly, and you also don't have sustained DPS.
PVP: Good for normal group up (4 people), or solo queue, but for Ranked Warzones any other DPS class is better. Lack flexibility and is very squishy, out of Force fast.

P.S. :
If you want to have more Force on the DPS Shadow.
Spoiler

Hollowes
07.16.2012 , 05:34 PM | #30
1. I think most people that have an opinion are thinking of the tanks with dps gear in pvp, they see it as op and think that the changes for 1.3 was a pvp nerf which it obviously wasn't. Some people probably saw the changes and thought "oh crap" now they are useless for tanking pve.
As dps they are most likely down prioritised to sentinels by not putting up as much dps.

2. I started playing my shadow in early access and have loved it since, I always continue to change and improve my setup when I see something is more usefull than something else.

As a tank I think we got quite a hit in 1.3, not so much the self heals where I can see that they could be a bit to high, but rather with the armor reduction since we get alot of spike damage now .The total damage taken might be the same as other tanks, but taking 3 hits of 4k dmg is better than 2 hits of 6k . I don't think that we are any worse than the other tank classes, but we can be a bit more unreliable since if we aren't topped of we might take a big hit and die.
I think the class is the best on building and holding agro and we got alot of usefull CDs, but I feel stressed at times when I see the big numbers on the screen.

As a dps I don't see myself as subpar.
In pvp I do wish we'd do some more dmg, but we have some other usefull stuff with the stealth and taunts. I do feel tho that we aren't as effective at being stealthers as scoundrels and not as effective at being melee as sentinels which doesn't make us good for having both. I also miss having a skill that feels uniqe and special.
In pve I feel I can compete well with other dps, the only ones who clearly out dps me in a long fight is sentinels. I think tho that I have more survivability than sentinels in these fights and can take some hits that they have to move out from. One thing I really think we lack here is a good aoe, Whirling blow just seems like a waste of force and I also end up running around alot when fighting mobs. On a note here aswell, as a dps force speed is not even close to being as usefull as force leap, but for tanking I do find it more flexible if I need to move a boss or similar.

I think it's a good class with a possibility for some improvement on the dps side and I do feel that the changes to the tanking could have been done differently. But as long as you don't destroy my class I will continue to love my shadow.