Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

VarKoE
07.16.2012 , 01:53 PM | #21
Balance sage 3/7/31 - l have several 50's and this is my favorite class.

1) how am i perceived:
I question my dps at times, but the group i run hm and ops with say they have no complaints.

2) how do i see the class.
A swiss army knife. We can do a lot of things decently. I dont think we have the raw dps of some other classes but our ability to emergency heal, cc, cleanse and battle rez bake us a valuable oh crap toon. Have not done a lot of pvp but if they catch me, its over.

Paultor
07.16.2012 , 02:30 PM | #22
Balance Sage 3/7/31 PVP only

1. How do you think your Sage spec is perceived by other classes?
Imho the most of the classes perceived us as weak and easy to kill.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
- For normal wz where people lacking the skills and gear it can be Ok. Sage can bit the most of the classes by running around/ lossing and doting. But it takes a lot of the time to kill some one and quite offen you are end up without force.

- On rwz u can probably show a good dps figures in the end of the match by doting every one around but in my opinion it will not bring any additional value to the team which needs to penetrate the opposite team defends. I also can experience that it's quite hard to find a good team which welcome a dps sage.

phalczen
07.16.2012 , 02:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

I use Seer spec 31/7/3 of Jedi Consular Sage.
1. I think players view me as a useful healer in PvE, but not as much so in PvP. I think other classes view me as very easily defeated, and that seems out of proportion to the fact that healers by nature are PT
2. I perceive my own spec as somewhat lacking in pvp survivability. I think I should last longer than 3 seconds when being attacked 3 on one, not that I should survive the encounter, but last a little longer than counting to 3. I perceive my overall healing as somewhat limited, since our heals have long activation timers, require us to be standing still, and our cleanse is lackluster in its efficacy.

Blinkinsage
07.16.2012 , 02:53 PM | #24
Hi everyone,

3/7/31 PVP (but have palyeed all three specs)
Percieve by other classes:

Laughable survivability
Mediocre damage output
Highly sought after for free kills with minimal energy used
ungaurded due to fact of not being heals

Percieved by me:
no fatality (>30% finisher)
tickle players to death
cannot kill another palyer without serious help
needs something to help with dmaage output
needs more survivability ( cooldown ro something)
telekinetics and balance are not viable for PVE (damage output is too low)

Burtlebe
07.16.2012 , 03:03 PM | #25
lvl 35 Sage both heal and dps spec

1) considered to be the best healer in the hands of the right person.

2) I consider the heal spec to be where all other healers should be at. The balance dps spec is viable and enjoyable.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

MidichIorian
07.16.2012 , 03:03 PM | #26
I'm a dps sage and I also have a dps sorc, both balance/madness spec. They're the only classes I truely enjoy playing.

1. PvE: Tolerable, not the best but gets the job done.
PvP: 1-49: Balanced
PvP 50: squishy, no real burst and far down on the "want list" for rated.

2.PvE: "Ok". Upgrades and levels seem to scale well with content. Force economy/regen could be better at end-game.
PvP 1-49: Balanced. I think all classes are balanced in this bracket. Well, give or take the 5K+3K, within a second, sniper burst, it's a tad much on people with 12K HP.
PvP 50: We don't seem to scale as well or be affected as much by gear as other classes. It sometimes feel like I'm still a lvl 49 while everyone els is an augmented 50. You have to be much more skilled than players from other classes to be able to be on the same level as them and that's not right. Low survivability, we lack burst and we don't have the force pool to constantly use the few semi-bursts we have at our disposal.

Klomyz
07.16.2012 , 03:08 PM | #27
Playing as sage healer. (31/7/3). PvP experience : Reached War Hero a while ago then got way too frustrated of CC in PvP and how sage can be easy target. PvE experience : Cleared all content. Been clearing Denova HM for about two months.

• PVE HEALER : Great PvE healer, mostly because salvation can prove to be very useful in 8 man groups.
  • GENERAL DPS : Horrible DPS (possibly the worst dps class in this game), mainly due to the fact that most of sage's skills are kinetic damange, which means it's affected by armor reduction. Also dps skill list is kinda limited. Not to mention the sage doesn't have any "execute" hability (usable when the ennemy is under a certain percentage of hp).
  • PVP HEALER : Can be a decent PvP healer ONLY if you're not getting hit ... which is most unlikely to happen !

• PVE HEALER : Great healing power, not too strong but Id say just right. Salvation is probably the only reason why peoples like sage. Otherwise sage lack HOT and instant heal. When you're rushed for quick healing (happens sometimes after one of those frequent lag spikes !), you doesn't have much option if your healing trance is on cooldown. The only HOT is way too weak and have a cooldown. Sure the shield will help, but you can't recast on a same target at will.
  • PVP HEALER : For PvP healing, again it lacks HOT or instant heal. Under pressure a sage healer is totally useless. Casting can be interrupt too easily.
  • GENERAL PVP : For PvP it's way too weak and will get killed easily even with high expertise. Considering the high output of damage of some classes, a broken CC mechanic, light armor, lack of defensive skills and the fact it can't stealth to escape, the sage is an easy kill. Under pressure it may get lucky and fight for survival but as soon as you get stun locked, you're consider dead.
  • GENERAL DPS : For DPS it's just too weak and boring. There is no "high damage" skill and only a very small selection of skill to build your rotation on. Also lack "burst damage" possibility.

Overall I believe the sage is ok with his current healing power. But as a dps, it needs some change. As for PvP ... it's not about the sage, it's about the whole PvP system to be broken and unbalanced.

zeshakha
07.16.2012 , 03:10 PM | #28
Hi everyone,

I play telekinetic occasionally, but I am mostly seer. I'll keep my comments to my main spec.

1) Best AoE heal in the game, the super healer, bring two of these and nothing can go wrong. Bubble, Salvation, and rescue makes them an absolute must.

2) Agree with the AoE heal being better than the other two (when you don't have to move), but there is a lack of burst healing (compared to the other two classes). Resource management CAN be easier, but it can also be a pain if you get unlucky and are hit right as you use Noble Sacrifice. As with all three healers, need to bring one of the other classes to balance our your weaknesses (tired of seeing people claim everything is easier with two sage healers).
Jung Ma <Night's Radiance>
Hirse- Sage healer | Zeshakha- Vanguard tank
Joleer- Scoundrel healer | Ortamek- Sentinel
Zaia- Shadow tank

HKtheindomitable
07.16.2012 , 03:59 PM | #29
Exclamation: WAR ZONE HEALING SUCKS!!!!!

Statement: Dealing with the Sorcerer, Agent, and Mercenary (I think it's Merc) being able to rapid heal to full health when having almost no health and 2 people attacking them is a big pain in the butt. Republic healers however can't even compete with healing, especially when healing themselves. I really don't like it. And I'm not switching to DPS. Before the first changes to the AC was made, I was always dished out the most healing in all WZ I played, even if we didn't win. But even then I couldn't heal myself like the Empire can (though admittedly I wasn't 50 at the time). Once I hit 50 I still did exceptionally well with healing. Then the first class change came along. And now I can't heal well. I've only got one piece of BM gear so that doesn't help. But anyone I know who is a healer doesn't like it because it's terrible. Even those who aren't Sages.

Conclusion: I would like to do healing in WZ but it's no fun when you can't heal worth anything.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

OvernightSilver
07.16.2012 , 04:43 PM | #30
Played my healing sage since launch! My perspective:

PvP:
I've practically quit playing my sage in PvP anymore. While I can contribute on Voidstar due to compacting of players on the doors, in most other situations, I cannot do much of anything without a guard. No defense beyond bubbling and running away means once a DPS decides to attack me, I can only run or die.

PvE:
I feel that sages will always have a place with salvation. Our ability to raid heal is top-notch and with proper play, balancing our dual resource (with noble sacrifice, I could our health as a resource) is a fun challenge. However, our burst heals are below average, as is our healing on the run. Perhaps change a conveyance benevolence to be instant cast instead of higher crit?